ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke Vs ND

Well I’ve landed and just saw the score and the box score. Based solely on that it looks like we let a lesser team hang around for far too long. Yes, on paper we should have beaten them by 20. But you still have to play the game. A win is a win. We had single digit turnovers and Flip scored 20.

Next.

Feels like Luke kennard again, planned on being here a while but blew up and had to leave . I do think defensively he’s going to struggle really bad
And he can’t guard multiple positions . Flip will go first round but not lottery . He won’t make near the top ten or the top 14.
This is his only issue when it comes to choosing to stay or go. Does he believe he can improve his stock by returning or does he believe it remains the same either way .

And he can’t guard multiple positions . Flip will go first round but not lottery . He won’t make near the top ten or the top 14.
This is his only issue when it comes to choosing to stay or go. Does he believe he can improve his stock by returning or does he believe it remains the same either way .
Your spot on shey, they’ll put him in pick and roll hell in the nba and it won’t be pretty. People can say what they want about lively but he’ll have a great chance to make it based on his energy and defense

We can beat a 1 seed. We are good enough even though it’s unlikely. You are right it kinda exciting to think about.
I went back and read this thread this morning. You said we suck and now you’re saying we can beat a 1 seed. How does that happen? You just love to bash Scheyer and the team, but I guess in your brain you could coach this team and win it all.

Last edited:
Syracuse will be a big test for this team. We need to do a little better than trade wins and losses down the line to get a halfway decent seed. They are not a great team but they have been improving.

Great teams are able to play well multiple games in a row. Every week, we seem to have 1 good game and 1 bad game. I feel we now have enough of a sample size that this just isn’t a great Duke team. I’m not sure the turnover issue will ever stop, ND doesn’t go for steals and we still turned it over too much. Every single game we have a 5 min stretch without a FG.

The tournament is random, there are so many variables even out of our control. Depending on how we finish, we’re probably gonna be seeded anywhere from 6-10. Could we make the Elite 8? Sure, may need some luck in our bracket, but it’s in play. We also could lose by 10 in round 1. Let’s at least see it all play out before we acknowledge how far this team will go.

I'm beginning to think that what we are seeing is what we're going to get. Whitehead isn't suddenly going to become a transcendent star and our guards aren't going to become deadeye shooters.

What I would like to see is a little more intensity and maybe attitude. Flip has been hit 3 times and I have yet to see a teammate come to his aid, or to get in the face of an opponent who does something "inadvertently" that hurts our guy. Maybe that's what we miss from Coach K, that don't mess with me attitude.

You pick and ill order the custom made T right now 😂
One of the sneaky/smart ones. Troll shirt of the year. Can download one from the internet.
Duke will make the tournament and will be a dangerous team to play against. I think the Cheats and the Kittycats will be watching TV. It can be a good year. Bad year for Koach.

Reactions: dukesince91
What I would like to see is a little more intensity and maybe attitude. Flip has been hit 3 times and I have yet to see a teammate come to his aid, or to get in the face of an opponent who does something "inadvertently" that hurts our guy. Maybe that's what we miss from Coach K, that don't mess with me atattitude.
YES!!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT