ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke Vs ND

We're criticizing the bench energy of Coach K now. I thought the team played with the fight but made some of the bonehead mistakes we've seen. Jon has this Duke team undefeated at home. Only the Duke women's and men's teams are undefeated at home this season in the NCAA. It may not last, but that's a remarkable stat for the year.

LOL, exactly, now K has to “prove it” as a spectator apparently. 🤣. If only Duke had returned four starters from last year, I hear that’s the key to it! 😉

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Bright side is we got to 18 wins, Lville is all but a guaranteed W. We’ll beat one of State/VT for revenge to get to 20 and I dont see any chance a 20 win duke doesn’t get in the tourney. I feel fairly sure we can get 3 more wins in the reg season for 21.. I really want the sweep though of the holes. Their backs are close to broke I think so hopeful state helps finish them off Sunday and we complete it

I agree 20 wins is the magic number. But still not a great seed, and a tough second round game. I'd like to see us move up, because a first weekend exit followed by a mass exodus is going to send me on a bender haha.

Reactions: pisgah101
Did you see the chapel hill college and Virginia games? You don’t think they “wanted it” in those games? It sure looked like they did to me. This was not a good performance tonight but Mike Brey has been through way more of these as a Coach than Jon has.

As I posted the other day. This team has a great chance for a 4-0 stretch to solidify a bid and work on improvement. Tonight doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence but score them 1-0 in this beginning four game stretch.
They haven’t played at chapel hill, but yea they put together a moderate performance against a mediocre UNC team.

Uva? Sure, but they turned it over 22 times and were, as I’ve been saying, inconsistent. A team that has the will and hunger to win typically is consistent with it.

Reactions: ioliva
Bright side is we got to 18 wins, Lville is all but a guaranteed W. We’ll beat one of State/VT for revenge to get to 20 and I dont see any chance a 20 win duke doesn’t get in the tourney. I feel fairly sure we can win get 3 more wins in the reg season for 21.. I really want the sweep though of the holes. Their backs are close to broke I think so hopeful state helps finish them off Sunday and we complete it
I want to see us win the last 3 at home and one of the last two on the road. I think the cheaters are State's kryptonite. I'd love to see them smack the holes this Sunday, though.

I want to see us win the last 3 at home and one of the last two on the road. I think the cheaters are State's kryptonite. I'd love to see them smack the holes this Sunday, though.

Me too and yes state just can’t beat them haha they are so much better then them this year but it don’t seem to matter

Not sure I'd bet the 401 K on these guys knocking off Alabama or Purdue. Okay Louisville after Syracuse. Now I feel better.

Me too and yes state just can’t beat them haha they are so much better then them this year but it don’t seem to matter
Yeah, I have a friend who graduated from State who has bet $200 with a mutual cheater fan we know. I'm concerned for his mental health, haha

Getting an 8/9 seed and playing a one in the second round is kind of an exciting prospect. We would either pull an insane upset or lose by 20
We can beat a 1 seed. We are good enough even though it’s unlikely. You are right it kinda exciting to think about.

Bright side is we got to 18 wins, Lville is all but a guaranteed W. We’ll beat one of State/VT for revenge to get to 20 and I dont see any chance a 20 win duke doesn’t get in the tourney. I feel fairly sure we can win get 3 more wins in the reg season for 21.. I really want the sweep though of the holes. Their backs are close to broke I think so hopeful state helps finish them off Sunday and we complete it
They haven’t played at chapel hill, but yea they put together a moderate performance against a mediocre UNC team.
Uva? Sure, but they turned it over 22 times and were, as I’ve been saying, inconsistent. A team that has the will and hunger to win typically is consistent with it.

I didn’t say they played at chapel hill. I said they played “chapel hill college”. Also, 22 turnovers or not, had they not been screwed on the call they very likely win the game. (A call the league has stated was incorrect as you know.)

And there is NEVER a bad win over Carolina.

State bends over for them eternally it seems like but I don’t see this team doing that. Especially with losing tonight I think the wuffies may be primed for the rematch with them.

Yeah, we didn’t look good. Roach was 3-12, with 9 points. He has to be better. Proctor didn’t tear it up either.

In defense of Scheyer, he doesn’t have the studs that K did. And it we’re completely honest, college basketball is upside down this season. We aren’t sharp, Kentucky and the holes both might not make it in, Gonzaga is outside of the top 10, and a Football school is ranked #1.

Be positive. 22 is less than 23 turnovers. We haven’t had a turn over problem all season, haven’t had Continuous offensive droughts and beat a really strong unc squad. Just mind boggling to question the team on 1 bad performance out of 18

State bends over for them eternally it seems like but I don’t see this team doing that. Especially with losing tonight I think the wuffies may be primed for the rematch with them.
Shew, I hope so. I just have zero confidence with State against the cheaters.

Be positive. 22 is less than 23 turnovers. We haven’t had a turn over problem all season, haven’t had Continuous offensive droughts and beat a really strong unc squad. Just mind boggling to question the team on 1 bad performance out of 18

I would take positive over Smarmy. Just a personal choice.

This was not an encouraging performance, no matter how you spin it. defense ok, but our o continues to look like we’ve never played with each other before. I guess the good news is we appear to be healthy…

Reactions: sheyduke and ioliva
I just heard that the 13-0 start at home is the best start for a Duke team in 9 years. I hope they can keep it up. Finishing 16-0 at home would be pretty dang awesome. I only wish we could be road warriors, haha '86, '91, '92, '98, '99, '02, '03, '10, '11, '13, and '14 all went undefeated at home. However, this team has a tall order with NCSU and VT coming to Durham. Hopefully, Flip doesn't get punched in the throat again.

Last edited:
I used to confront K-oach Q but found it useless. He is who he is and can't help it. It's his nature. I know it's hard but if you will try your best to ignore or not reply to him it will be better. All he wants is a confrentation. He wants to impress us all with his knowledge of the game and how we could win every game. If he has no replies or us completely ignored even if he personally addreses you where does that leave him? OFC

I used to confront K-oach Q but found it useless. He is who he is and can't help it. It's his nature. I know it's hard but if you will try your best to ignore or not reply to him it will be better. All he wants is a confrentation. He wants to impress us all with his knowledge of the game and how we could win every game. If he has no replies or us completely ignored even if he personally addreses you where does that leave him? OFC
You're right, Sky. I need to be more mature and not engage in his ridiculousness.

I didn’t say they played at chapel hill. I said they played “chapel hill college”. Also, 22 turnovers or not, had they not been screwed on the call they very likely win the game. (A call the league has stated was incorrect as you know.)

And there is NEVER a bad win over Carolina.
Not sure who said it was a bad win? Just not impressive against a mediocre cheat team.

And I saw what you said, but appears you struggled with home vs away. All good. Lol.

Not sure who said it was a bad win? Just not impressive against a mediocre cheat team.

And I saw what you said, but appears you struggled with home vs away. All good. Lol.

You’re unfamiliar with the term “chapel hill college”, I know where the game was. Living in NC, especially during the heavy talk radio days of the 90’s, “chapel hill college” was our radio terminology in response to their beat dook signs. I had one unc guy so flustered one night on the radio he finally barked “chapel hill doesn’t have a college”!! And clicked me off. 😂

You’re unfamiliar with the term “chapel hill college”, I know where the game was. Living in NC, especially during the heavy talk radio days of the 90’s, “chapel hill college” was our radio terminology in response to their beat dook signs. I had one unc guy so flustered one night on the radio he finally barked “chapel hill doesn’t have a college”!! And clicked me off. 😂
Nope I’m familiar with it, but I appreciate the explanation. I’ve been a Duke fan since 1984 so the rivalry is something I’m very familiar with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT