ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke Vs ND

These guys simply donā€™t want it. Look at the body language over this gameā€¦.little fight. Look at the bright side, theyā€™ll keep turning freshmen over into the League lol.

Did you see the chapel hill college and Virginia games? You donā€™t think they ā€œwanted itā€ in those games? It sure looked like they did to me. This was not a good performance tonight but Mike Brey has been through way more of these as a Coach than Jon has.

As I posted the other day. This team has a great chance for a 4-0 stretch to solidify a bid and work on improvement. Tonight doesnā€™t inspire a ton of confidence but score them 1-0 in this beginning four game stretch.

Again, this ND team has lost 9 games by single digits. They returned 6 graduate seniors who won 24 games and were a play or two away from a S16 last season. Goodwin just had an unexpectedly hot performance. I just don't know what to say about some of the fans here. Can we never find anything to be positive about? We're now judging how well this team is doing by Coach K's reactions. WTF.

Again, this ND team has lost 9 games by single digits. They returned 6 graduate seniors who won 24 games and were a play or two away from a S16 last season. Goodwin just had an unexpectedly hot performance. I just don't know what to say about some of the fans here. Can we never find anything to be positive about? We're now judging how well this team is doing by Coach K's reactions. WTF.
Just stopā€¦they suck and you are trying to make them out to be this amazing teamā€¦.you look stupid.

Buddy of mine keeps downplaying the win too. Don't get it...its a win in mid February, I'll gladly take it.

The ND team you are raving aboutā€¦are you a blond?
How does someone reply to you comments about how godly this ND team is and you turn it into an entirely different team thing? Can you read your own writing?? Or did you forget?

My eyes are bleeding from these Mary Poppins sunny takes lol. Yikes that was nearly a disaster. A win is nice, but this team is dropping its next 2 if they don't get their **** together.

My eyes are bleeding from these Mary Poppins sunny takes lol. Yikes that was nearly a disaster. A win is nice, but this team is dropping it's next 2 if they don't get their **** together.
I'm not being sunny. I'm just tired of it. This guy is a jackass who brings nothing to the board, but his "I am smarter than everyone in the room" bullshit takes.

My eyes are bleeding from these Mary Poppins sunny takes lol. Yikes that was nearly a disaster. A win is nice, but this team is dropping its next 2 if they don't get their **** together.
Man stop being so negativeā€¦lol

Best thing you will say the team isnā€™t playing hard enough and Bloody Womens Area will single you outā€¦.

Ok but ND is 2-12 , 10-16 . Are we really that positive being at home beating them by four? Last year means nothing . By your explanation of ND shouldnā€™t they be way better then their record with all that experience?
As far as positive. Flip and Whitehead playing are positives but what besides that ? A four point win against the second ranked team in the ACC? Still no actual offensive game plan . The three to five minute droughts on offense are still there and the clumsy turnovers . Iā€™ll be a little more positive when we see some vast improvement on the offense . With five games before the ACC tourney I donā€™t see it .

Reactions: christophero
I'll take the win. But this team needs to play better if we want a W at the dome and against NC State. Virginia was a nice almost win, but this team has issues.

Reactions: sheyduke
Duke played awful with no energy or fight at Miami last week. They didn't look even remotely close to that tonight or on Saturday. This team has plenty of flaws, but a lack of fight tonight or Saturday wasn't one of them. The posts about Jon not being the guy are THR levels of bad.

When Duke goes up double digits they just can't extend a lead. They will always make a stupid momentum killing play to lead to a five minute drought. We have too much fire power to be Virginia

I'm not being sunny. I'm just tired of it. This guy is a jackass who brings nothing to the board, but his "I am smarter than everyone in the room" bullshit takes.
I didnā€™t say anything wrongā€¦you have a personal grudgeā€¦your such a dick you canā€™t even see itā€¦

Iā€™m your Huckleberry though because Iā€™m not going anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I'll take the win. But this team needs to play better if we want a W at the dome and against NC State. Virginia was a nice almost win, but this team has issues.
And it starts by getting the ball to the post . Stop with the ten foot dribble in with Flip. Lively is there to clean it up and tell the guards to move with out the ball. Do this and the lanes and the shots will open up .

Ok but ND is 2-12 , 10-16 . Are we really that positive being at home beating them by four? Last year means nothing . By your explanation of ND shouldnā€™t they be way better then their record with all that experience?
As far as positive. Flip and Whitehead playing are positives but what besides that ? A four point win against the second ranked team in the ACC? Still no actual offensive game plan . The three to five minute droughts on offense are still there and the clumsy turnovers . Iā€™ll be a little more positive when we see some vast improvement on the offense . With five games before the ACC tourney I donā€™t see it .
I'm not going to revel in the negativity, man. I don't disagree with most of what you've said. You also don't constantly shit all over Jon and the team when you're being critical. I'm critical. The team deserves criticism. I can't believe how horrible some of the takes are from guru-gary7's gimp.

Oh so now if you lose by single digits itā€™s a good thing? They also lost to st bonaventure. You guys want us to get excited over the disgusting display we saw tonight, yā€™all wild. Again happy we won, not much to be positive about as far as basketball play is going. They played good against unc I was positive. They played tough against uva away I was positive. But you excited about beating a trash ND team at home? only reason we won tonight was almost doubling them up on FTS. You donā€™t think thatā€™s scary? Wild.

I guess the positive is flip came back and dariq is a stud sniper. Thatā€™s about it, kudos to the lack of improvement šŸ»

I didnā€™t say anything wrongā€¦you have a personal grudgeā€¦your such a dick you canā€™t even see itā€¦

Iā€™m your Huckleberry though because Iā€™m not going anywhere.
I'm the dick....man, you're so full of yourself that it is laughable.

Oh so now if you lose by single digits itā€™s a good thing? They also lost to st bonaventure. You guys want us to get excited over the disgusting display we saw tonight, yā€™all wild. Again happy we won, not much to be positive about as far as basketball play is going. They played good against unc I was positive. They played tough against uva away I was positive. But you excited about beating a trash ND team at home? only reason we won tonight was almost doubling them up on FTS. You donā€™t think thatā€™s scary? Wild.

I guess the positive is flip came back and dariq is a stud sniper. Thatā€™s about it, kudos to the lack of improvement šŸ»
Hey, if we had only hired your boy K-oach Q and you, we'd be set. Jon's forgotten more than you guys have about the game.

• Love
Reactions: Fourteen44
I'm the dick....man, you're so full of yourself that it is laughable.
This is my last post on you tonightā€¦.you have to have the last wordā€¦.you can have it.

I just want to know do you dream about me to at night? What does your wife think when youā€™re calling my name in your sleep?

Your obsessed manā€¦.move onā€¦.Iā€™m trying to save your marriage hereā€¦.

This is my last post on you tonightā€¦.you have to have the last wordā€¦.you can have it.

I just want to know do you dream about me to at night? What does your wife think when youā€™re calling my name in your sleep?

Your obsessed manā€¦.move onā€¦.Iā€™m trying to save your marriage hereā€¦.
I do dream about you and you always love it. Not obsessed. Just tired of your asinine hot takes.

I'm not going to revel in the negativity, man. I don't disagree with most of what you've said. You also don't constantly shit all over Jon and the team when you're being critical. I'm critical. The team deserves criticism. I can't believe how horrible some of the takes are from guru-gary7's gimp.
Iā€™ll never get on Jon. You can coach all you want donā€™t care who you are . The players still have to play the game and makes passes and shots . I saw Jon yelling in the huddle when they got with in two .
IMO. Itā€™s time to start Whitehead. Move Mitchell to the four or to the bench and start Flip and Lively . Go Roach and Proctor and tell the three if I catch you standing ( there was a lot of it ) to the bench you go . Dukes best threeā€™s have come off kick outs . Itā€™s time to start with the five you had originally hoped would start . And for Christ sakes attempt hard to get he ball to the post they arenā€™t going to double team flip and lively except for when Flip dribbles from ten feet out.
Do this itā€™s a start but the offense has to change it has not adjusted .

Hey, if we had only hired your boy K-oach Q and you, we'd be set. Jon's forgotten more than you guys have about the game.
The amount of effort you put in this post matches the level of basketball duke played tonight. Bravo šŸ‘šŸ½

We're criticizing the bench energy of Coach K now. I thought the team played with the fight but made some of the bonehead mistakes we've seen. Jon has this Duke team undefeated at home. Only the Duke women's and men's teams are undefeated at home this season in the NCAA. It may not last, but that's a remarkable stat for the year.

I'm happy we won. I didn't think we sucked, but it's a matter of opinion. Were we great? No. But we did what we had to do to win. Jon is showing fight and passion. It's just not enough for some. Had we won by 20+, certain posters wouldn't even have shown up. It's what they do, Chris. I need to stop stooping to their level. I know better.

Zone scares me because of how we shoot.

The game should be tailor made for Filipā€¦he should be at the free throw line hitting jumpers all night.

He doesnā€™t need to be dribbling into the back line the entire game. Just pull up for the little Jumperā€¦he should be working on it all week.

Reactions: sheyduke
We're criticizing the bench energy of Coach K now.
Wrong. Not criticizing his lack of energy. Saying it looks like heā€™s not happy with the level of play out there.

The critique is the level of basketball being played not sure how you misinterpreted it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT