ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke Vs ND

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
We enter today playing what should be an easy win.. ND literally has nothing to play for and brea is done.. game is scheduled for a 7pm tip on espn. At writing we are a 12 point favorite.

Last I heard flip is out? I guess that could change but these injuries are beyond old. I’m having a hard time writing this one because ND just flat out sucks LOL if we somehow manage to lose tonight we probably don’t deserve to make the tourney. We need a statement win tonight

Duke-85
ND- 63

Reactions: Fourteen44
We enter today playing what should be an easy win.. ND literally has nothing to play for and brea is done.. game is scheduled for a 7pm tip on espn. At writing we are a 12 point favorite.

Last I heard flip is out? I guess that could change but these injuries are beyond old. I’m having a hard time writing this one because ND just flat out sucks LOL if we somehow manage to lose tonight we probably don’t deserve to make the tourney. We need a statement win tonight

Duke-85
ND- 63
Duke 72
Leprechauns 61

Reactions: pisgah101
I think we do well against teams that don't pressure the ball too much (State, Miami). I think we can beat any slow team around (except maybe Purdue). So we'll be OK tonight.

I'm interested to see the shift of Mitchell to power forward as he is not handling the offensive responsibilities of a small forward. I know, we're a positionless team, but if we had positions, we need a small forward and Mitchell isn't the guy. Grandison and Whitehead need to step up and show they can handle the position the rest of the season. Let Mitchell get his 22 minutes at power forward when Flip or Lively are out. Lively only plays 20 minutes when we're lucky and Flip needs more rest going forward.

I’m on a flight tonight just about to take off. I’m sure hoping for some good news when I land!

Duke 74
ND 60

Tonight reminds me of a former training buddy of mine. We were starting to gear up for a big race about 5 months down the road, and the day we began in earnest he declared “Time to stop f*cking around”. Tonight is that night for our boys.

We run them off the floor tonight.. We'll get some questionable calls that go our way because "Dook gets all the calls"

Well, not a good start. This team really can play down to the competition….

It's the ACC. The teams are good. Brey is a future hall-of-fame coach with a roster that won 24 games and was a possession or two away from beating Texas Tech in the tourney last year. They've lost like 8 or 9 close games this season.

Young with 4 points and 6 rebounds.
Blakes has really regressed.
Flip playing well. 8 point halftime lead. I'll take it. Whitehead with 9

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Flip and Riq are having good games thus far. I'd bet ND challenges to make Riq put the ball on the floor in the second half. Flip is looking way more like himself tonight.

I would be embarrassed to play this poorly with Coach K and wife in the house. ND is terrible you can spin it however you want….they are terrible.

No energy, No passion…WTF happened to Duke…

I've already said what I think about them earlier. You're ridiculous. You constantly come here to bitch about Jon and the team.
No tell me more about the 2-12 ND squad….I mean I want your perilous wisdom on this amazing team….

Look at Coach Ks face….that tells you everything you need to know….he’s pissed!

I gotta ask , is Flip going to have his wind pipe broke before leaving Duke. Is that not the third direct hit with an off arm to his throat ? I mean come on !

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
They were playing with no energy whatsoever….this isn’t a case of being good enough it’s a case of not playing hard enough tonight…

Blame whomever you want….they aren’t playing hard enough.

We are going to win because ND is terrible…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT