ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2024-25 minutes thread

Don’t think we are thin at all there and never expected him to play much. It wouldn’t surprise me if he redshirts this year, get healthy and then be the 5 next to Cam Boozer
I like it if Maliq is comfortable at the 5. Now injuries in the frontcourt will concern me. Also, it sounds like Gillis will have a Dave McClure role. Roles are extremely important and need to clearly defined early.

I like it if Maliq is comfortable at the 5. Now injuries in the frontcourt will concern me. Also, it sounds like Gillis will have a Dave McClure role. Roles are extremely important and need to clearly defined early.
No reason to think Maliq wouldn’t be comfortable. High energy, great defender. Don’t need him for buckets.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Agree. I do like Gillis at the 4 off the bench. But now Mal has to stay healthy.

Here is a concern, that can be short term or become major, playing Cooper Flagg at the 4 for long periods. I just would not like to see Flagg playing out of position like Flip.
I think that’s the exact reason Jon went out and got Brown and Gillis. It will happen at times, that’s inevitable, but they want him at the three (whatever that means) the majority of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT