ADVERTISEMENT

New Polls Out; Duke #2 in both

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
The AP and Coaches Poll are both out, and as expected we climbed UVA in each.

UVA dropped to #3 in the AP, but surprisingly to #4 in the Coaches.

Other ACC teams in the top 25 include Notre Dame (11 & 9), Louisville (14 & 13), and UNC (19 in both).

Polls

We are peaking at the right time gentlemen. So much for the theory that we only peak early in the season. Tyus and Quinn look mighty difficult to stop these days. Hope like hell we take down the ACCT championship saturday night!

Oh and this is normally the time of year when DukeBluePlanet comes out with their best hype videos. Can't wait to see what we've got this year, my all time favorite is still the Duke X's and O's.
This post was edited on 3/9 2:51 PM by timo0402

Duke X's and O's.

Originally posted by timo0402:
We are peaking at the right time gentlemen. So much for the theory that we only peak early in the season.
Thats the truth timo, it will eat at their gizzard at THR when they realize that.

Originally posted by timo0402:
We are peaking at the right time gentlemen. So much for the theory that we only peak early in the season. Tyus and Quinn look mighty difficult to stop these days. Hope like hell we take down the ACCT championship saturday night!

Oh and this is normally the time of year when DukeBluePlanet comes out with their best hype videos. Can't wait to see what we've got this year, my all time favorite is still the Duke X's and O's.

This post was edited on 3/9 2:51 PM by timo0402
Damn timo, I could have done without you posting that!! Felt like I was peeling Onions again when I watched it. I love watching these Vids and probably spend too much time watching them, but just can't seem to get enough.
Anyway, thanks!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

At the beginning of the year, once Duke shot 60% at Wisconsin and won by 10, everyone was ready to say it is UK and Duke and let's get straight to the final. We had a bad 72 hours. It took a while, but we climbed right back to where Duke belongs. We are the second best team in the country and we might be first.

I fully expect a Duke-UK final. I truly believe that these two teams are clearly the best teams and should not lose before the Final. And if that happens, CBS will crap money all over themselves. America will go insane. And Twitter will finally be broken.

I love reading the comments on the bottom of the top 25 pages on ESPN. People keep bitching and bitching about Duke being in the top 5. Duke beat Virginia in their only match up and haven't lost since and Virginia lost this weekend, although I wouldn't call it a bad loss, but it was still a loss. Yet some of those morons are shocked that Duke jumped the Cavs in the rankings.

Meanwhile, UNC went from being ranked 13th, losing 2 in a row yet actually moved up to 12th, then eventually falling to 19th after losing 3 of 6 and after going 1-1 they stayed at 19th and remain in the top 25 despite going from 7-1 in the ACC to 11-7 and not winning a game vs a ranked team since January. But all they can say is Duke lost to 2 unranked teams and shouldn't be a one seed.

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:
At the beginning of the year, once Duke shot 60% at Wisconsin and won by 10, everyone was ready to say it is UK and Duke and let's get straight to the final. We had a bad 72 hours. It took a while, but we climbed right back to where Duke belongs. We are the second best team in the country and we might be first.

I fully expect a Duke-UK final. I truly believe that these two teams are clearly the best teams and should not lose before the Final. And if that happens, CBS will crap money all over themselves. America will go insane. And Twitter will finally be broken.
I believe you might be right. If the championship game is between Duke/UK then all of social media will probably completelu crash and come to a screeching halt from all the posts before, during and after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT