ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little to UNC

Are you really comparing one writing papers for others to an institution and athletic program that knowingly orchestrated fraudulent classes for their athletes? That's like comparing a common cold to a lethal disease.
to some a common cold is a lethal disease! opinions aside, my point was more to academic assistance given athletes which occurs everywhere. not all athletes get help because not all athletes need it, but college athletics is big business and unc is just the latest example of how the system can be, and often is, manipulated. how many oad players actually attend class and complete an entire year? should that be looked at? i think so. and sanctions should be enacted if the players don't comply, either vacate wins or pay the athletes and acknowledge that what they do is a business.

Last edited:
to some a common cold is a lethal disease! opinions aside, my point was more to academic assistance given athletes which occurs everywhere. not all athletes get help because not all athletes need it, but college athletics is big business and unc is just the latest example of how the system can be, and often is, manipulated. how many oad players actually attend class and complete an entire year? should that be looked at? i think so. and sanctions should be enacted if the players don't comply, either vacate wins or pay the athletes and acknowledge that what they do is a business.
“Sanctions enacted?” Fine. Roy an’ Larry first. More than enough PROOF to do it. unx’ers act like they’ve been exonerated. Ya haven’t. You’re OJ an’ always will be. Ya got away with it. Good for you. None of ya have bothered actually READING the NCAA’s response beyond the “No sanctions” part. What happened was egregiously corrupt and exploitative. And spare us the “everybody does it” spiel. We heard none of that when the “carolina way” lie was being hyped. At least...bare minimum...except the fact that unx were lyin’ hypocrites for all this time. Dean included. It all started under him. Heck , it’s the name of his book. And btw...stop trying to re-write history. Those OAD’s? Roy chased all of ‘em. The fact he had an NCAA investigation hangin’ over ‘im played a significant role in his failure to land any. It had nuthin’ to do with the “Roy doesn’t do OAD” mantra the tarhole nation currently regurgitates. Geez Louise , we’ve uncovered the worst of collegiate athletics possible these last 7+ years at unx ( this side of pedophelia anyway ) and their fans STILL do the “holier than thou” nonsense. Sheesh.

No, the common cold is never a lethal disease by itself. It's obvious you don't work in the medical field....

Again, your incoherent rant does no good in justifying your original statement. UNC got away with excessive corruption in staging fake/weak classes for their athletes, no way around it. They were let go because of money; it almost always talks.

There is a big difference between helping an athlete and deliberately placing one in a class with no requirements specifically designed to guarantee continued eligibility.

If your wife wrote papers for athletes, then shame on her. She assisted in a fraud and and failed to push those students to where they needed to go. Also, the sample size of 2 schools doesn't actually mean everyone does it.

Again, the reason you got away with it is because you were able to demonstrate that all students could make their degrees a complete farce. I hope your fanbase and student body is truly proud of such a distinguished accomplishment, not to mention the school's benefactors.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

tilador you are a friend and I respect you more than any tar heel fan that post here but that AFAM was set up primarily to get athletes high grades for doing nothing. They opened it up to all students so that if someday it was questioned they had all the bases covered. Some sharp people had a hand in setting this thing up. Now the regular student body that took this course got that high mark also. And no it doesn't happen every where. And yes I agree that papers have been written for athletes by some smart students and that is also wrong. One thing that hasn't been brought up is how unfair it is to the regular students that study hard , go to class and graduate with integrity and that includes students at The University of North Carolina. Those students everywhere who get their degrees by let's say beating the system what kind of professional are they really. If they were dishonest in getting their degrees are they dishonest in their professions. Getting back to the AFAM thing which is going to be discussed forever and should be if tar heel fans in general would just stand up and say it was dishonest and I only can speak for myself then I would respect them a lot more. The dirt is no longer under the rug. It is out there for all to see. You can stand on it to hide it because it is there. Evey time unc plays on national t.v. and that's pretty much every game all those watching it are gonna think AFAM . They got away with cheating with the exception of unc fans who will say I'm happy we got out of it. OFC

“Sanctions enacted?” Fine. Roy an’ Larry first. More than enough PROOF to do it. unx’ers act like they’ve been exonerated. Ya haven’t. You’re OJ an’ always will be. Ya got away with it. Good for you. None of ya have bothered actually READING the NCAA’s response beyond the “No sanctions” part. What happened was egregiously corrupt and exploitative. And spare us the “everybody does it” spiel. We heard none of that when the “carolina way” lie was being hyped. At least...bare minimum...except the fact that unx were lyin’ hypocrites for all this time. Dean included. It all started under him. Heck , it’s the name of his book. And btw...stop trying to re-write history. Those OAD’s? Roy chased all of ‘em. The fact he had an NCAA investigation hangin’ over ‘im played a significant role in his failure to land any. It had nuthin’ to do with the “Roy doesn’t do OAD” mantra the tarhole nation currently regurgitates. Geez Louise , we’ve uncovered the worst of collegiate athletics possible these last 7+ years at unx ( this side of pedophelia anyway ) and their fans STILL do the “holier than thou” nonsense. Sheesh.

Hehehehe let it all out its cathartic isn't it.

Reactions: trig81
If you want to be a douche, be a douche on your own board, that’s why it is there. If you’d like to stick around this board you may do so by talking hoops and being civil.

Troll heel. Sooner or later it comes out. He can't help it. It's his nature. The thing is and I don't think he even knows this but if one of us went to thr and posted anything like he's posting it's a ban. It's even a ban if we post it here. What a sloppy board thr has become. Is there even 1 decent poster left over there. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
Troll heel. Sooner or later it comes out. He can't help it. It's his nature. The thing is and I don't think he even knows this but if one of us went to thr and posted anything like he's posting it's a ban. It's even a ban if we post it here. What a sloppy board thr has become. Is there even 1 decent poster left over there. OFC
They are few and far between because they run off their own over there if they don’t fall in line with the group think that runs the show.

Is there even 1 decent poster left over there. OFC
9eb8x.gif

Ummmmm no

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT