ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little to UNC

Say what you want Show. Everyone has issues, even Duke.

Been in the last game the last 2 years.

That works for me.

Can say our guys stayed when everyone one else's left. Big deal. Anyone could have recruited the same guys we did.

Not like we are killing it in recruiting after all.

It's a little unfair to compare Duke's 'issues' with UNC, don't you think? I mean, we're not talking about something like Leslie McDonald's mouth guards....that while a little embarrassing was very minor at the same time. We're talking about major academic fraud for almost two decades. You're not one of those UNC fans who thinks "every school is doing it," are you?

Not everyone Jay.

You're not one of those who believe that a team is clean because the NCAA has not caught them? Think I will leave it at that.

I read here at times but am a reluctant poster. Couldn't help myself though when someone said what a crappy last few years we have had.

Reactions: LTDukeFan and dbav
You're not one of those who believe that a team is clean because the NCAA has not caught them? Think I will leave it at that.

I think rules are skirted at every level in every profession....in college basketball, where you work and where I work. But that's not my point. UNC was doing nothing minor. This appears to be, on the surface, something that was incredibly highly orchestrated. UNC just got sloppy....and when you're doing something like that for that long, well, those things will happen.

I think rules are skirted at every level in every profession....in college basketball, where you work and where I work. But that's not my point. UNC was doing nothing minor. This appears to be, on the surface, something that was incredibly highly orchestrated. UNC just got sloppy....and when you're doing something like that for that long, well, those things will happen.

Amen dj. You are dead on. This was well thought out with many high up names involved and more than likely several attorneys giving advice with the legalities. OFC

#roy,dean,johnny,bill.moma dipp and about 50 unc educated lawyers knew.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
What UNC fans don't appreciate is that the reason the Duke/UNC rivalry has been so great is that two excellent academic institutions are only 8 miles from each other and traditionally have done things the right way. They recruit the same players who are usually clean cut and good people. Now we find out UNC is as dirty as UNLV in the old days and its defense is "everybody does it". That tarnishes the rivalry for the past 20 years. What makes it worse is that UNC's coach won't admit how bad it's been and how he "allowed" it to happen on his watch. I would be ashamed if this happened at Duke.

Been in the last game the last 2 years.

That works for me.

Can say our guys stayed when everyone one else's left. Big deal. Anyone could have recruited the same guys we did.

Not like we are killing it in recruiting after all.

Everyone has some dirt? That is your laughably absurd rationalization?

These last two years do nothing to obfuscate the fact that your program now rivals Kentucky as the most ignominious and disreputable in the history of the sport. Live with that.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
You might get that chance. Who knows.

You're right, Duke (and anyone else) could have some serious skeletons hanging in the closet, but at this point there is no proof of that. And if something dirty like what UNC has done comes down the pike, I will be mad, frustrated, pissed...you name it, I'll be it...but I'll still be a Duke fan (only sadder) just like you're a UNC fan, no matter what.

BUT there is one difference with me...just man up and take the damn punishment, and go on with life (and basketball). I would have far more respect for the University of North Carolina if they hadn't spent 7+ years and 20+ million dollars trying to defend their Carolina Way virginity (and we know that ship sailed a long time ago) while going after critics and even their own employees who dare not to tow the company line.

And Roy Williams, no damn one is that stupid or incompetent (or is he?) that he doesn't think about a dark side to college basketball. Yes, Roy is shocked, yes shocked, that anything like that could happen, and here is a quote from him to that effect:

“They’ve never helped me get any player, never insinuated, never done anything,” Williams said of his relationship with Nike. Williams built a Hall of Fame career coaching at Nike schools Kansas (1988-2003) and UNC (2003-present). “We never even discuss things like that. So I know it’s foreign to me.”

I call bullshit! And the aw shucks shenanigans are wearing a little thin.

OFC

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-willia...e-basketballs-seedy-underworld-190415866.html

montana_hole , nobody said you had a bad last 2 years dumbass, we said it's muted due to 20 years of cheating by your university. Beat on your chest idiot, your school is a GD laughing stock, even IF your 40 million in lawyers gets you off scott free.

and stop with your stupid ass "every school has issues" BS. Yea, they do, little shit that pales in comparison to how dirty your program is. But hey, you've always got Magette! Maggette ! and Lance bought a necklace. You incredibly stupid moron.

Lance thomas bought jewelry somewhere in new York so what. Has nothing to due with duke or academics. Don't care were he got the money either he paid it back. Its jewelry. Maggette took 2k while in hs from his AAU coach I think 2 GRAND so what. He didn't get paid to go to duke and duke didn't know he took a Petty 2 grand. Now if it was 200k to go to duke I gotcha there but it aint.

Reactions: skysdad
What UNC fans don't appreciate is that the reason the Duke/UNC rivalry has been so great is that two excellent academic institutions are only 8 miles from each other and traditionally have done things the right way. They recruit the same players who are usually clean cut and good people. Now we find out UNC is as dirty as UNLV in the old days and its defense is "everybody does it". That tarnishes the rivalry for the past 20 years. What makes it worse is that UNC's coach won't admit how bad it's been and how he "allowed" it to happen on his watch. I would be ashamed if this happened at Duke.

This is the worst part for me. The rivalry was a big source of fun as a Duke fan. Now, for me, it is ruined.

I don't believe that this class was designed specifically for athletes. I know most of you do.

Should that class have been offered is an education problem, not an athletic one.

I took a few when I went many years ago that were easy A's at my university. Pretty sure all schools have those classes.

I am not an expert on the NCAA allegations ny any means. I do know that the class and curriculum was not designed by the athletic department.

We will not agree I am sure. Not interested in defending this. The NCAA is the judge, I will leave it up to them.

Thanks for the name calling Show. You are a big man.

I don't believe that this class was designed specifically for athletes. I know most of you do.

Should that class have been offered is an education problem, not an athletic one.

I took a few when I went many years ago that were easy A's at my university. Pretty sure all schools have those classes.

I am not an expert on the NCAA allegations ny any means. I do know that the class and curriculum was not designed by the athletic department.

We will not agree I am sure. Not interested in defending this. The NCAA is the judge, I will leave it up to them.

The classes were set up for all students as a safety net to avoid any accusations (a safety net). This degree was definitely set up for athletes to maintain his/her eligibility and did for many years. If UNC doesn't have anything to hide and the course was legit, then show the transcripts!! Obviously, this won't happen and we all know why.

Also, how about Fats involvement in "wheels for heels"? Wayne Ellingtons house that neither his mother and dad could afford. I could go on and on, but I'm sure there's a valid excuse correct????

You're correct, I AM a big man. Stop sliding around here like a damn snail trying to compare Duke infractions to that dumpster fire you have going over there.

That second one is my favorite. UNC dipsticks saying it's not an athletic issue. YES, IT IS MORON . WHEN ATHLETES CHEAT TO GET GRADES THATS AN ATHLETIC ISSUE. Stop creating new phrases to make your worthless cheating ass look better.

Reactions: dbav
Never said Duke had infractions. Simply said we had a good last couple of years.

Don't blow a valve Show. Relax.

Have a good day!

Piss off, if your attitude was one of us Duke fans over at THR we would have been banned by one of your clown mods a while ago.

Sooner or later they turn into troll heels. montana is just the latest. He can't help it That's his nature. OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Never said Duke had infractions. Simply said we had a good last couple of years.

Have a good day!

You are a troll. I hope you realize you are not welcome here. Why not do one classy and decent thing and just not come by any more. OFC

Have a good day!

Okay, you've said you had a good last couple of years. We heard ya, now run along. Blow a valve. LOL. I'm calm as a cucumber, cap. But I really get tired of little spindoctors such as yourself always playing the" everybody else does it " game. That's old cuz, get some new material. Lots of teams have had issues, you've just had a whole lot more with a lot less punishment. But i guess a guy like you probably thinks thats cool.

The last 2 seasons would be EPIC if your school wasn't the dirtiest in the nation for academic fraud and covering up scandal after scandal.

This is SO VERY TRUE, and deep down from the fat cat, deep pockets members of the Rams Club elitists to the WalMart fanbase masses, they know it! OFC

Good Lord. Ya know it's pointless having any kinda rational conversation when we're hearin' about a "class" ( singular ) and that "class" ( again , singular ) is identified as being nuthin' more than an "Easy A" and that "all schools have those classes." We're also told it's an "education problem, not an athletic one." It's fortunate they're "not interested in defending this" because they've done a pizz-poor job of it if that was the intent. It's not a matter of a difference of opinion. It's a matter of someone CHOOSING not to acknowledge the facts of what happened. That's fine and I can see why a unx fan would take that stance but don't try an' re-write history. unx was put on probation by their academic accreditation agency ( SACS ) for academic fraud and that decision was handed down for MORE than one "class." SACS also noted that unx had failed to control athletic influence AND , finally , unx AGREED with it. Enough with the nonsense already. unx cheated academically to compete athletically. They also hypocritically told the world they were above such shenanigans...the "carolina way." smh. What a joke. Is what it is.

I think it's pretty simple, if you don't think that athletics had anything to do with it, why are you "ok" with any sanctions at all? Why are you ok as a fan with just a couple scholarships- "that's fair", or the WBB team getting a harsh penalty? If it has nothing at all to do with athletics than why are you willing to accept anything other than an absolute clean slate? I guess you could say it's like taking a plea deal just to be done with it, but you don't spend years and years and millions upon millions just to accept a plea deal.

Bottom line, they cheated. They know it, we know it, and we all know nothing major is going to happen to them.

I think it's pretty simple, if you don't think that athletics had anything to do with it, why are you "ok" with any sanctions at all? Why are you ok as a fan with just a couple scholarships- "that's fair", or the WBB team getting a harsh penalty? If it has nothing at all to do with athletics than why are you willing to accept anything other than an absolute clean slate? I guess you could say it's like taking a plea deal just to be done with it, but you don't spend years and years and millions upon millions just to accept a plea deal.

Bottom line, they cheated. They know it, we know it, and we all know nothing major is going to happen to them.

+1

Anyone who believes UNC Men’s Basketball is innocent should donate their brain to science.

Look at this idiot below!

F6w4gEy.jpg

Last edited:

Well said. I think many of them have built up in their mind that nothing fishy was going on here. That’s fine. But thousands of emails and back trails show something entirely different.

Heres a few quotes for the cheaters if they would like to get legitimate again and regain some of that former respect they once had in sports. I would love to hear just a few Holes say things like:

"Dame it Roy, just quit lying and say you knew and lets move on"

"Coach. I would prefer to have lost honestly than have won while cheating"

"It's really not such a great day to be a Tarheel"

"This Heels are family crap needs to stop, I want a family to be proud of, one with integrity"

and/or finally

"You know what, Ol Roy does look like a stupid Quick Draw McGraw and Huckleberry Hound mixed and isn't his Aw Shucks persona is quickly growing old on us Heels" or either "that ain't tar on them heels" or "that ain't nanners in Wandas naner puddin"

i see nothing has changed in my absence. my wife wrote papers for athletes at harvard in the early 60s and i personally knew students at both duke and unc who wrote papers for athletes in the 60s and 70s. so yes every school does it and many much better than unc, witness tutor at auburn or some other sec, a real laughinstock conference when it comes to athletes and academia, who wrote papers for athletes.

I've been giving this a great deal of thought and little must be a quality recruit. hof coach roy williams doesn't recruit junk. He does it the carolina way and always has. Who know he may have found another t.g. harpison. OFC

I've been giving this a great deal of thought and little must be a quality recruit. hof coach roy williams doesn't recruit junk. He does it the carolina way and always has. Who know he may have found another t.g. harpison. OFC

Little better be prepared to runs some laps if Roy finds out Little was involved with the bribery scheme. We all know Roy will hold his players accountable!!

Difference is all schools have a class or two that are easy A's even for athletes that couldn't get a 15 on their ACT without help. Don't know of any other schools that have an entire degree that athletes can major in to stay eligible.

Reactions: topps coach
i see nothing has changed in my absence. my wife wrote papers for athletes at harvard in the early 60s and i personally knew students at both duke and unc who wrote papers for athletes in the 60s and 70s. so yes every school does it and many much better than unc, witness tutor at auburn or some other sec, a real laughinstock conference when it comes to athletes and academia, who wrote papers for athletes.

Are you really comparing one writing papers for others to an institution and athletic program that knowingly orchestrated fraudulent classes for their athletes? That's like comparing a common cold to a lethal disease.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT