ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little to UNC

Sky have you ever given thought that eventually all 50 of the greatest NBA players of all time will be former Tar Heels. They will probably have 4 or 5 starting for them this season. Its must truly be a great time to be a Tar Heel.
My only question is how they are going to determine which Tar Heel to leave off the list?

Like Pavlov's dog, this one! LOL! Both school's offer, Carolina gets him, and all of a sudden you go all Wolpfack. Well played parody post, sir!

Very witty response. Congrats on your first supposed OAD talent since Jackson. Roy will probably screw him up just like Barnes and Jackson and you boys will get a few years out of him. Always find it quite amusing when the Holes talk about how nobody develops talent better than Roy! Ha haaaa.

Very witty response. Congrats on your first supposed OAD talent since Jackson. Roy will probably screw him up just like Barnes and Jackson and you boys will get a few years out of him. Always find it quite amusing when the Holes talk about how nobody develops talent better than Roy! Ha haaaa.

Roy has a way of developing OADs like no other! While K helps players make millions, Roy costs players millions!

Reactions: KellenPatrick
McAdoo was never a one and done talent.

If you ever actually watched him play. 2nd round at best from the get go.

The guy was projected in the top 5-10 in the first round his freshman year. Roy did what he does best and convinced him to return. Well the rest is history.
This is 100% true. Can’t link from this phone but his parents ( Janet and Ronnie? ) conceded in an interview that he was a lottery pick following his freshman season. What happened beyond that is speculation but we can be pretty damn sure Roy didn’t TELL ‘im to leave. Roy tried to get Bradley to stay THIS year. It’s one thing to not be a fan of OAD but it’s another to actively give a kid bad advice. Sure , no one forces these kids into anything but when you’re Roy Williams your words carry a lotta weight...especially with his players.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
McAdoo finished strong his freshman year in the NCAA's. He was probably the most active DEFENSIVELY as his entire time at UNC. He generated CONSIDERABLE MORE BUZZ after his FRESHMAN year on NBA UPSIDE than his Sophomore and Jr seasons.

I know the story DEVIL DJ is talking about reference his serious consideration (w/family blessings) of pulling a OAD. Roy worked his magic hypnosis though and kept him around, yet never fully developed his talent...

OFC

This is 100% true. Can’t link from this phone but his parents ( Janet and Ronnie? ) conceded in an interview that he was a lottery pick following his freshman season. What happened beyond that is speculation but we can be pretty damn sure Roy didn’t TELL ‘im to leave. Roy tried to get Bradley to stay THIS year. It’s one thing to not be a fan of OAD but it’s another to actively give a kid bad advice. Sure , no one forces these kids into anything but when you’re Roy Williams your words carry a lotta weight...especially with his players.

McAdoo was considered a possible lottery pick after his freshman year, just didnt develop more under Roy:

https://www.tarheelblog.com/platform/amp/2013/11/5/5063238/player-profile-james-michael-mcadoo

OFC

Well if he's anywhere near as good as McAdoo, he can enjoy UNC for three years.

Reactions: dbav
sooooo.....from the guys that are always talking recruiting over....did Black just get recruited over by Little? or is Black being looked at as a possible pg/sg....#askingforafriend

sooooo.....from the guys that are always talking recruiting over....did Black just get recruited over by Little? or is Black being looked at as a possible pg/sg....#askingforafriend
Please let me know what you find out, need to know what the party line is now.

The guy was projected in the top 5-10 in the first round his freshman year. Roy did what he does best and convinced him to return. Well the rest is history.

Wait so a top 5 talent fail to the 2nd because he stayed at UNC. Cmon man.

He was never a top 5 talent.

He couldn't shoot, dribble, shoot the 3, didn't consistently hit freethrows. And he was a top 5 pick?

He never was.

This kid will be a multiyear player. Roys system doesn't translate well for elite SF types. Justin Jackson was a OAD and it took him 3 years to become relevant.
That’s why I included the word or when I said “0 years or 2-4 years” because he coulld play 0 yeats if he’s declared ineligible or he’ll play anywhere from 2 to 4 years if he’s declared eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Sky have you ever given thought that eventually all 50 of the greatest NBA players of all time will be former Tar Heels. They will probably have 4 or 5 starting for them this season. Its must truly be a great time to be a Tar Heel.

Actually, the last 2 years have been pretty good if you are into the end result and not winning the recruiting championship.

UNC does win the recruiting championships. They consistently sign the best players that happen to stay in college for 3-4 years. The 2016 and 2017 teams featured 7 scholarship players that were upperclassmen (Isaiah, JJ, Joel, and Theo were all top 25 players). That is not normal for a P5 conference.

UNC does win the recruiting championships. They consistently sign the best players that happen to stay in college for 3-4 years. The 2016 and 2017 teams featured 7 scholarship players that were upperclassmen (Isaiah, JJ, Joel, and Theo were all top 25 players). That is not normal for a P5 conference.
Yep. unx fans act like Roy coached up a bunch of scrubs. They were the top players in the country. His stayed everyone else’s left = 2 FF’s & 1 natty.

Actually, the last 2 years have been pretty good if you are into the end result and not winning the recruiting championship.

Yes you guys have had a couple of good years. Just think how much better it would have been if the refs hadn't screwed you guys out of the 2016 natty. Just a question for me out of curiosity for myself. What ever became of the petition of protest tar heel nation had going right after the 2016 natty. Last I heard it was over 5,000 signatures. Heck I even signed it a few times. Seriously the last 2 seasons have been big. Should really help your recruiting. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT