ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little to UNC

Little canceled his visit to Duke, not the other way around. Sour grapes is not a positive character trait.

Look at this dips**t. Sour grapes? Yeah, you guys FINALLY get a top ten recruit and he comes with the baggage he does. I can't even believe the kid had the nerve to commit a week after it was found out that he had agreed upon a cash payment to attend, ummm...play for, Arizona. And shame on Roy too. So much for you boys' belief that St. Roy is above it all. What a joke.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'm guessing the Heels did their due diligence once Little said he wanted to go there. For their sake, they better hope the Little's are being honest with them.

Clearly, UNC wasn't Little's first choice....they kind of backed in to him. It is funny listening to him talk about all the reasons he wants to be a Heel, when basically everyone knows it's somewhat of a default pick on his part.

I'm guessing the Heels did their due diligence once Little said he wanted to go there. For their sake, they better hope the Little's are being honest with them.

Clearly, UNC wasn't Little's first choice....they kind of backed in to him. It is funny listening to him talk about all the reasons he wants to be a Heel, when basically everyone knows it's somewhat of a default pick on his part.
I'm sure my wife has her eye on a couple of other guys too. I'm ok with that.

When you're in the midst of the biggest academic scandal in NCAA History, signing a player tied to a big-time FBI sting operation seems a little questionable. Maybe Roy has properly vetted the situation - but I doubt it, seeing how he "re-opened" his commitment just 9 days ago (shortly after the FBI reports came out). It will be interesting to see if he ever plays a game.

I suppose it would be kid of fun to see what the Crazies might prepare for Little if he does, in fact, get to play college basketball.

EGjAv_s-200x150.gif

When you're in the midst of the biggest academic scandal in NCAA History, signing a player tied to a big-time FBI sting operation seems a little questionable. Maybe Roy has properly vetted the situation - but I doubt it, seeing how he "re-opened" his commitment just 9 days ago (shortly after the FBI reports came out). It will be interesting to see if he ever plays a game.

Fedora hired Chizik and Beckman. Both with baggage and both during this mess. #carolinaway

He's signed at least one 5 star in 5 of the last 6 classes I believe. They're not the one and done, top end guys you're landing but factually you're wrong. Little appears to be more of a one and done type but time will tell.

No , I'm not. They were Top 25 guys and Roy was the ONLY coach to keep his as long as he did. Only one coach had multiple players of those rankings stay multiple years. One. So the rebuttal is this...."Every other Top 25 recruit was of the one and done top end variety EXCEPT the ones who played for Roy." Is that it? Please.The "facts" ( I believe I've already listed examples in an earlier thread ) are exactly what proves my point. Roy's stayed , everyone else's left. Is what it is.

Now that he is joining the Holes he "seems real stand up", Lol.

dadika13:
"This kid seems real stand up. I'd be very surprised if he was involved in that mess with his AAU coach."

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah, Little wanted nothing to do with 150k. Lollll. He is probably soooooo pissed that he got nailed and the cash advance fell through and that he had to end up at UNCheat. Ha haaa.

Just wondering...if UNC is hit with no post season play this coming season as a part of NCAA sanctions would Little have grounds to retract his offer?

More pathetic then funny - and it’s kind of funny.

Haha he's not but I will say that it's good to have an objective eye. It's a hell of a pickup for them. One that wouldn't have happened most likely a week ago.

Not sure if the article has been posted here yet but enjoy Roy's selective memory. While the THR blowhards enjoy throwing made up shade at our coach, people within the business are calling BS at huckleberry- https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-willia...e-basketballs-seedy-underworld-190415866.html
No facts in that article to back up claims of complicity, or of aid received by Roy from crooks.

Sure, I always expect shady dealings and always assume that coaches - Roy, K, all of them - look the other way. Wrong though it was, it was BAU.

Reactions: absolutely nobody
No facts in that article to back up claims of complicity, or of aid received by Roy from crooks.

Sure, I always expect shady dealings and always assume that coaches - Roy, K, all of them - look the other way. Wrong though it was, it was BAU.
That wasn't the point of the article. The point of the article was to essentially point out that Roy is full of shit saying he's shocked to hear of this stuff and has never once even been approached by any shoe companies in this situation. To use your words- allll of them, are aware of it.

Reactions: skysdad and dbav

Not to poke at you DJ, but how much due diligence do you think UNC (or anyone) can do? Between parents, coaches, handlers, and friends...looking into trips for tournaments, meals, cash dispersements (per diams), trips for vacations, shoes, equipment, gym meberships, cash, cars, favorable loans, mortgages, favorable transactions (sweetheart deals), leases, etc. How far do you dig and how far back do you go? I am pretty sure that unless there was something that was glaring it was going to be a pass.

Not to poke at you DJ, but how much due diligence do you think UNC (or anyone) can do? Between parents, coaches, handlers, and friends...looking into trips for tournaments, meals, cash dispersements (per diams), trips for vacations, shoes, equipment, gym meberships, cash, cars, favorable loans, mortgages, favorable transactions (sweetheart deals), leases, etc. How far do you dig and how far back do you go? I am pretty sure that unless there was something that was glaring it was going to be a pass.

The due diligence was easy. They simply asked "Since we can't pay you now, would you accept the opportunity to not attend any classes?". Once he said yes it was on like Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Again I ask what kind of due diligence other than the FBI telling them he is clean.Personally do not know if the allegations are true or false but common sense says that is something there.I do not understand how with what they are facing that they can even entertain the look of anything shady.Dont know if that is arrogance or stupidity

Just wondering...if UNC is hit with no post season play this coming season as a part of NCAA sanctions would Little have grounds to retract his offer?

More pathetic then funny - and it’s kind of funny.
It is a commitment that he or Unc can change their minds on

That wasn't the point of the article. The point of the article was to essentially point out that Roy is full of shit saying he's shocked to hear of this stuff and has never once even been approached by any shoe companies in this situation. To use your words- allll of them, are aware of it.
OK, I agree with that point. I just thought the argument was pushing beyond that.

Reactions: timo0402
Again I ask what kind of due diligence other than the FBI telling them he is clean.Personally do not know if the allegations are true or false but common sense says that is something there.I do not understand how with what they are facing that they can even entertain the look of anything shady.Dont know if that is arrogance or stupidity

If it's an on-going investigation, I doubt that the FBI can really comment to anyone.

Having never been investigated by the FBI, I am just guessing. Just saying.

Last edited:
That’s hilarious. I made a joke about Little and academics only to find out he ACTUALLY did say he liked the academics. Wow... that is RICH! LMAO.

Look at this dips**t. Sour grapes? Yeah, you guys FINALLY get a top ten recruit and he comes with the baggage he does. I can't even believe the kid had the nerve to commit a week after it was found out that he had agreed upon a cash payment to attend, ummm...play for, Arizona. And shame on Roy too. So much for you boys' belief that St. Roy is above it all. What a joke.

Like Pavlov's dog, this one! LOL! Both school's offer, Carolina gets him, and all of a sudden you go all Wolpfack. Well played parody post, sir!

Reactions: absolutely nobody
Haha, yes, the cheaters won a recruiting battle over 2 schools...under investigation by the FBI...sort of, because he indicated he was heading somewhere else...then claimed academics were key...at a school where athletes don't go to class. It literally took an FBI investigation to land him.

Now if thats not something to come to a rival board to brag about, I dont know what is. :)

Last edited:
Haha, yes, the cheaters won a recruiting battle over 2 schools...under investigation by the FBI...sort of, because he indicated he was heading somewhere else...then claimed academics were key...at a school where athletes don't go to class. It literally took an FBI investigation to land him.

Now if thats not something to come to a rival board to brag about, I dont know what is. :)
+1

I wonder how many years Little will play at UNC? Also, I've been saying this for years now, Jordan is pumping money to players to play at UNC.

What a big recruit for the heels. He is already being named to be one of the top 50 NBA players of all time. OFC

What a big recruit for the heels. He is already being named to be one of the top 50 NBA players of all time. OFC
Sky have you ever given thought that eventually all 50 of the greatest NBA players of all time will be former Tar Heels. They will probably have 4 or 5 starting for them this season. Its must truly be a great time to be a Tar Heel.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT