ADVERTISEMENT

Most Important Frosh on this year’s team?

Most Important Frosh?

• Zion Williamson

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • R.J. Barrett

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Cameron Reddish

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Tre Jones

Votes: 34 77.3%

• Total voters

bullcity gamer

Cameron Crazy
Oct 15, 2017
In your opinion, who do you feel is the most important Freshman on this year’s team when it comes to being the key in leading The Blue Devils back to The Final Four and National Championship in April and why?

I am going with Tre Jones. The kid always knows where his teammates are on the floor and always makes the best decision. He is a pest on opposing point guards. He is not selfish and does not need to score in order to make an impact on a game. In the NCAA Tournament we have also seen how great point guards can will teams to becoming National Champions, for example: Jon Scheyer/Nolan Smith, Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, Tyus Jones, Joel Berry, Jalen Brunson

I really wanted to pick Zion, because he gives us an inside scoring option that I would hate to lose, but Tre's on ball defense, assist to turnover ratio, the calmness that he runs the offense,and well, bloodline, all won me over

It's Tre, his on ball defense, calmness, and decision making is something we have lacked the last few years!!!
OFC

RJ, Zion, and Cam each will win multiple games for us this year with their individual talent by putting the team on their back and just getting done what needs to be done when it needs to be done. Trey will carry the TEAM to #6.

Reactions: PixelDevil
I can’t pick any one of the freshmen that are more important than the others.
In every one of our titles, no one guy played more of a role than the others.

It's likely Tre, but I went with Cam. Zion and RJ both love to get into the paint and RJ loves that mid range game. Tre also likes to drive and kick. Cam becomes important to all of that because he can stretch the defense for them. At least, in my opinion.

Reactions: jwill133
We need all 4 to get where we wanna be. But if you're gonna make me pick...I'll pick Tre. He plays the most important position on the floor and his on-ball defense is something we haven't had in a LONG time.

I just can't answer this one.It's like my maternal grandmother used to say when ask which one of her 8 children was her favorite. She would always answer "the one that needs me most " at the time. I gonna say the one we need most at the time. Great poll. OFC

Reactions: FearTheBeard
I think it's Baker by a wide margin. ;)
Actually I think it's Tre. The drop off from him to Goldwire (while I do like Goldwire) is much bigger than the drop for one of the other guys to Jack White.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Tre. He makes the offense run smoothly and stifles the opposing point guard from running their offense. I've really enjoyed his play this year, especially on defense. We haven't had a point guard apply pressure like him in a long time.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Tre. The scoring of the other three could hopefully be made up by the others. Smart PG play is hard to duplicate. Nothing against Goldwire. I think he’ll be there by his senior year. He could be similar to Cook minus the scoring.

Reactions: skysdad
I think come March, RJ is going to be the most valuable. He’s our Kobe man, yeah, he’s got a lot to learn and improve upon but, he’s already making huge strides and is a fantastic teammate and leader. If something (God-forbid) were to happen to Tre, RJ could still run the show, and we need his scoring, which I don’t know if we could get out of Tre. Tre is a fantastic defender and a true point guard, but I don’t see us making it very far without RJ.

I think come March, RJ is going to be the most valuable. He’s our Kobe man, yeah, he’s got a lot to learn and improve upon but, he’s already making huge strides and is a fantastic teammate and leader. If something (God-forbid) were to happen to Tre, RJ could still run the show, and we need his scoring, which I don’t know if we could get out of Tre. Tre is a fantastic defender and a true point guard, but I don’t see us making it very far without RJ.

We can make it without RJ because Cam can do everything RJ does. He's just asked to be a floor spacer. If Cam was allowed to play with the ball more you would see how all around he really is. Tre and Zion are the irreplaceable ones

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT