ADVERTISEMENT

Matthew Hurt Returning to Duke

Has this been confirmed by the coaching staff?OFC

Last edited:
source.gif

Reactions: dbav
I love it.. I think this makes Hurt the highest rated recruit we’ve had return for a second season, since Mason Plumlee back in 2010-11 (let me know if I’m wrong).

Last edited:
I love it.. I think this makes Hurt the highest rated recruit we’ve had return for a second season, since Mason Plumlee back in 2010 (let me know if I’m wrong).
Based off 247sports rankings, Mason was #27 so we have had plenty return that were rated higher.
Matthew Hurt was #12.

Tre Jones was #15 on 247sports, top 10 on some other sites.
Chase Jeter also came to mind at #15. Amile, Grayson, and Kennard were in the 20s.
Rasheed Sulaimom #14.

Go back to Kyle Singler being the #6 overall recruit and we got 4 years out of him might be the answer, crazy.

Last edited:
Based off 247sports rankings, Mason was #27 so we have had plenty return that were rated higher.
Matthew Hurt was #12.

Tre Jones was #15 on 247sports, top 10 on some other sites.
Chase Jeter also came to mind at #15. Amile, Grayson, and Kennard were in the 20s.
Rasheed Sulaimom #14.

Go back to Kyle Singler being the #6 overall recruit and we got 4 years out of him might be the answer, crazy.

ESPN has Mason as 10th.. I guess if Mason doesn’t count, Kyle would be the last ranked as high or higher than Hurt.. I’ve seen Singler anywhere between 4-6..

Side not: I see Mason ranked as 10th (ESPN), 27th (24/7), & 55th (Rivals).. that’s a really wide range.

Last edited:
I think this is HUGE!! Hurt has all the tools to be special but could never quite put it all together as a freshman. The biggest jump kids often make is between their freshman and sophomore years though they rarely get the chance to show that improvement these days. I see him returning bigger, stronger, faster, and more confident and becoming a matchup nightmare for our opponents. I see us as a legit threat to make a final 4 run with Hurt's return.

Reactions: timritterus
More of a shock if he went to the NBA....he didnt have a great year and needs to show what he can really do. Lets hope its a breakout and outstanding year.

More of a shock if he went to the NBA....he didnt have a great year and needs to show what he can really do. Lets hope its a breakout and outstanding year.
With a bunch of guys going the g-league route, that could have been an option for Matt. Maybe get drafted late, develop in the g-league.

I think this is huge for us next year. I think he will be either the leading scorer or right up there. He makes us much better. We desperately need his shooting. If he gets stronger and quicker, he's going to have a huge year.

I assume all of our top 25 recruits are One & Done each year.. Duval & Frank Jackson were One & Done and they had much less NBA potential than Hurt does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT