ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

Of course Bagley is now "overrated" according to kitty cat fans. Lolll.

"Overrated. He's really good but he's not the best prospect of the last ten years like he's being hyped. Freshman AD would dominate this dude, period."

16 Cowtown Cat, Today at 1:07 PM
Hate to do it but I don't fully disagree with what he said. I feel like every other year we have a guy who's "the best prospect since Lebron James". Also, AD might be the best big man in the game today so it's hard to compare Bagley to him. Let's just wait and see how good Bagley actually is in college. Hopefully at Duke.

Hate to do it but I don't fully disagree with what he said. I feel like every other year we have a guy who's "the best prospect since Lebron James". Also, AD might be the best big man in the game today so it's hard to compare Bagley to him. Let's just wait and see how good Bagley actually is in college. Hopefully at Duke.
Feel like Andrew Wiggins was the only incoming freshman who has drawn the "Lebron" comparison. However, yes, certain guys expectations have been lofty.

Haven't heard Bagley really compared to anyone yet in the media, seems to me like the normal UK fan thing to do, compare any incoming big-man to their best big-man ever, which is just dumb.

At least someone has some sense over there...

"Can we please cut the shit about Bagley being overrated or not special? He's been the best amateur player in the world for about two years now.

He isn't coming here but he didn't get worse than he was six months ago when everyone penciled him into their imaginary starting lineups.

Zion was overrated when folks thought he'd stay close to home and if Barrett goes somewhere else he'll probably slide back behind Langford or Reddish or whoever our fans like when they think we lead for them."

30 GonzoCat90, 28 minutes ago

Reactions: hart2chesson

"Can we please cut the shit about Bagley being overrated or not special? He's been the best amateur player in the world for about two years now.

He isn't coming here but he didn't get worse than he was six months ago when everyone penciled him into their imaginary starting lineups.

Zion was overrated when folks thought he'd stay close to home and if Barrett goes somewhere else he'll probably slide back behind Langford or Reddish or whoever our fans like when they think we lead for them."

It's a set up!! Don't trust them!! NONE of them

You should have some fun someday and just discuss Duke basketball....I mean, why does it bother you SO much what others have to say? We have a great thing going at Duke without worrying what think of us. I'm not saying it's not fun to ridicule their obsession, but it's more fun being a huge Duke fan. Trust me on that one. Even if for a day.

Feel like Andrew Wiggins was the only incoming freshman who has drawn the "Lebron" comparison. However, yes, certain guys expectations have been lofty.

Haven't heard Bagley really compared to anyone yet in the media, seems to me like the normal UK fan thing to do, compare any incoming big-man to their best big-man ever, which is just dumb.

Think the overwhelming consensus from scouts with Rivals and college/pro teams is that Michael Porter is the best prospect coming out of high school in several years.

Strange. ESPN has Bagley rated a 98 and Porter a 97. SB Nation says " Bagley is the the best high school basketball player alive." Not sure that is the consensus.

Reactions: christophero
Man the more this drags out the more I really really want this guy. The way he dominated pros this summer is mighty impressive. Hope we hear very soon.

Only reason why Im here is bc no one is responding on the main board. Dont think ppl should get so overwhelmed by the time. He lives in the West Coast and that's still relatively early for them, 8pm. Just bc it's not 8pm est and 6 pdt, doesnt mean the school could be any different.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Probably way off but this was mentioned and I'm going to state this again...

Could this be one of, with the keyword being one of, the reasons the Dominican trip was cancelled? Yes K needed the surgery and it's better to get it done now than be in pain during the season and have it done.... but if they went to the Dominican and IF Bagley were to come he would be behind in practices and actual game play. By canceling the trip, the extra practices duke was having get cancelled and IF bagley comes he's not too far behind chemistry wise.

Now this is an optimistic approach and probably wrong.. and yes K needed the surgery and I'm glad it's now and not during the season... but just a thought... hope he comes here!!

Reactions: hart2chesson

Could this be one of, with the keyword being one of, the reasons the Dominican trip was cancelled? Yes K needed the surgery and it's better to get it done now than be in pain during the season and have it done.... but if they went to the Dominican and IF Bagley were to come he would be behind in practices and actual game play. By canceling the trip, the extra practices duke was having get cancelled and IF bagley comes he's not too far behind chemistry wise.

Now this is an optimistic approach and probably wrong.. and yes K needed the surgery and I'm glad it's now and not during the season... but just a thought... hope he comes here!!

:oops:

Ding ding ding. This is why Capel couldn't take them...needs the team to stay here, and incorporate their new teammate.

Fans of other schools do not want to see Bagley at Duke, yet Bagley is overrated and will not make Duke special, per those same fans.

Only reason why Im here is bc no one is responding on the main board. Dont think ppl should get so overwhelmed by the time. He lives in the West Coast and that's still relatively early for them, 8pm. Just bc it's not 8pm est and 6 pdt, doesnt mean the school could be any different.
That's exactly what I thought when I heard that he was announcing on the 11pm Sportscenter, he's on the West Coast 3 hours behind the East Coast

Boy if we can land Jones and Bagley in the same week that the COI will hand out its ruling on UNC, this may be a VERY good week for Duke fans. So far, 1-for-1.

It's really down to Duke and USC.

I dont think any one knows with a hundred percent certainty which school he is going to.

Reactions: DukeDenver
If Duke has been helping through this reclassification process, then I would be shocked if the pick wasn't Duke! But still nervous though because you NEVER know when it comes to the game of recruiting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT