ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

Probably way off but this was mentioned and I'm going to state this again...

Could this be one of, with the keyword being one of, the reasons the Dominican trip was cancelled? Yes K needed the surgery and it's better to get it done now than be in pain during the season and have it done.... but if they went to the Dominican and IF Bagley were to come he would be behind in practices and actual game play. By canceling the trip, the extra practices duke was having get cancelled and IF bagley comes he's not too far behind chemistry wise.

Now this is an optimistic approach and probably wrong.. and yes K needed the surgery and I'm glad it's now and not during the season... but just a thought... hope he comes here!!

Well thought out hypothesis my friend....OFC

Perhaps the theory about incorporating a new teammate is correct, but I'd actually be very annoyed as another player if that was the case. I'm ready to head to the DR and we now can't because coach wants us to meet someone new?

I hope it's actually because of the reasons the program has stated.

Perhaps the theory about incorporating a new teammate is correct, but I'd actually be very annoyed as another player if that was the case. I'm ready to head to the DR and we now can't because coach wants us to meet someone new?

I hope it's actually because of the reasons the program has stated.

Not if it means we're adding a possible No. 1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. Nope. I wouldn't be annoyed.

Not if it means we're adding a possible No. 1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. Nope. I wouldn't be annoyed.
The theory that you'll cancel a trip that can happen every four years for the off chance that it may or may not disrupt chemistry in August for a player that might or might not commit is a bit insane.

Reactions: dbav and pisgah101
This is a freaking UK fan saying they pass on any recruit with question marks (but Duke doesn't) Lolllll. Almost as delusional as Tar Holes about their situation. Good Lord.

"Duval and Bagley in one class?

There are no rules or standards anymore. We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them. Anything else is fighting with an arm tied behind your back. Because Duke is taking everyone. Arizona is taking everyone. Kansas is taking everyone.
It is starting to get frustrating. Who was the last player we got that was a consensus #1 player in the class? These other programs are taking them however they can get them. We seem to just pass on anyone with any question marks. I get why we don't, but I can't watch Duke win another title.

21 Mike-D, Today at 7:43 PM

Reactions: Quavarius
Right, And we can all agree to disagree....

OFC
True, and I'm one that thinks it's a 'possibility' that K cancelled the trip if Bagley is going to become a Dukie while on the trip or shortly thereafter. I put more stock into chemistry than others on here. IF that's the case, either the whole team goes or no one goes. Then again maybe Coach K's knee is just hurting like hell and he couldn't take it no more. Both options are possible. I agree also that maybe a player might be annoyed by adding a potential top 3 recruit. We fans only look thru our eyes. We want to win at about all costs. These kids see these things differently. If they didn't, so many of them wouldn't pick their schools by whose leaving, or where they feel will be best chance to get to NBA. They want to be showcased. We have these debates all the time, and contrary to some posters opinions, there may be some on the team that don't like adding another star, because they feel they're one too, and now the room just may be getting a little more crowded, and their chance to shine may take a hit.

This is a freaking UK fan saying they pass on any recruit with question marks (but Duke doesn't) Lolllll. Almost as delusional as Tar Holes about their situation. Good Lord.

"Duval and Bagley in one class?

There are no rules or standards anymore. We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them. Anything else is fighting with an arm tied behind your back. Because Duke is taking everyone. Arizona is taking everyone. Kansas is taking everyone.
It is starting to get frustrating. Who was the last player we got that was a consensus #1 player in the class? These other programs are taking them however they can get them. We seem to just pass on anyone with any question marks. I get why we don't, but I can't watch Duke win another title.

21 Mike-D, Today at 7:43 PM
I just saw where another poster on RR said Duke doesn't have any depth even though if Bagley announces tomorrow that he's reclassifying and coming to Duke, giving us up to 12 players that will be available to get minutes. The only 2 players that will be on the team that I don't expect to get much playing time if any at all are Justin Robinson and Brennan Besser. There's probably a couple other players that won't get much playing time as well but if needed then we'll have 12 players available and obviously we'll likely only see 8-10 players at most get playing time.

True, and I'm one that thinks it's a 'possibility' that K cancelled the trip if Bagley is going to become a Dukie while on the trip or shortly thereafter. I put more stock into chemistry than others on here. IF that's the case, either the whole team goes or no one goes. Then again maybe Coach K's knee is just hurting like hell and he couldn't take it no more. Both options are possible. I agree also that maybe a player might be annoyed by adding a potential top 3 recruit. We fans only look thru our eyes. We want to win at about all costs. These kids see these things differently. If they didn't, so many of them wouldn't pick their schools by whose leaving, or where they feel will be best chance to get to NBA. They want to be showcased. We have these debates all the time, and contrary to some posters opinions, there may be some on the team that don't like adding another star, because they feel they're one too, and now the room just may be getting a little more crowded, and their chance to shine may take a hit.

Well said....And I agree w/Diehard too- I like our depth fine at present. Cannot ever overlook chemistry, and it was a problem last year at times... OFC

I just saw where another poster on RR said Duke doesn't have any depth even though if Bagley announces tomorrow that he's reclassifying and coming to Duke, giving us up to 12 players that will be available to get minutes. The only 2 players that will be on the team that I don't expect to get much playing time if any at all are Justin Robinson and Brennan Besser. There's probably a couple other players that won't get much playing time as well but if needed then we'll have 12 players available and obviously we'll likely only see 8-10 players at most get playing time.

Saw that too. Total imbeciles. Hey, shouldn't us Duke geeks go to bed?? That includes you, hart! Lol.

They only know 3 things.....kensucky is awesome....everyone else sucks.....shoes and teeth are overrated..

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
KP I just popped another beer!! Lol

OFC

Beer? Come Hart.....lets get stronger!! I just got back from West Virginia today and my grass was tall.....went out to mow and turned my zero turn over on top of myself.....don't ask....anyway, hurt my shoulder and supposed to play golf tomorrow...Dr said take two pints of crown apple and call him in the morning...starting on second one right now. Wish me luck!! Not for my shoulder, for the golf!!

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Cal and UK are the gold standard of academic integrity now. Lollll.

"Duval - not recruited heavily by many power programs and said to be not likely to be cleared.
Ayton - Begged for UK offer, but was shown no interest because of eligibility issues.
Bagley - many experts said there was questions about his 2017 eligibility
Most KU recruits - question marks about eligibility
Renardo Sidney - took $11k of impermissable benefits, a loan, plus had rent paid for
Derrick Rose - declared eligible after having no concerns, then declared ineligible after playing one year because the ACT janitor said he cheated on his test
Kanter - took $32k towards his education (which every prep school does), but the money went to his dad instead of his school. Kanter's dad documented all of the money, gave it to the school, and had $2k left over. Kanter's dad left the money in a seperate bank account to give back in case the NCAA questioned his son's eligibility.

Duval - cleared with no problems
Ayton - cleared with no problems
Bagley- if he goes to Duke...cleared with no problems
Most KU recruits - everything is A-OK
Sidney - has to miss some games and pay back the money, but cleared
Rose - Sorry Memphis, but JC was your coach and we have to take your banner now.
Kanter- nope, nope, nope...you were bad and decommitted fromWashington to play for the devil"

44 Mr_GG, Today at 9:08 PM

Pooooooorrrr Kentucky!!! Haaaaa.

Beer? Come Hart.....lets get stronger!! I just got back from West Virginia today and my grass was tall.....went out to mow and turned my zero turn over on top of myself.....don't ask....anyway, hurt my shoulder and supposed to play golf tomorrow...Dr said take two pints of crown apple and call him in the morning...starting on second one right now. Wish me luck!! Not for my shoulder, for the golf!!
Man be careful friend!! OFC

MARGARITA TIME! OFC

Cal and UK are the gold standard of academic integrity now. Lollll.

"Duval - not recruited heavily by many power programs and said to be not likely to be cleared.
Ayton - Begged for UK offer, but was shown no interest because of eligibility issues.
Bagley - many experts said there was questions about his 2017 eligibility
Most KU recruits - question marks about eligibility
Renardo Sidney - took $11k of impermissable benefits, a loan, plus had rent paid for
Derrick Rose - declared eligible after having no concerns, then declared ineligible after playing one year because the ACT janitor said he cheated on his test
Kanter - took $32k towards his education (which every prep school does), but the money went to his dad instead of his school. Kanter's dad documented all of the money, gave it to the school, and had $2k left over. Kanter's dad left the money in a seperate bank account to give back in case the NCAA questioned his son's eligibility.

Duval - cleared with no problems
Ayton - cleared with no problems
Bagley- if he goes to Duke...cleared with no problems
Most KU recruits - everything is A-OK
Sidney - has to miss some games and pay back the money, but cleared
Rose - Sorry Memphis, but JC was your coach and we have to take your banner now.
Kanter- nope, nope, nope...you were bad and decommitted fromWashington to play for the devil"

44 Mr_GG, Today at 9:08 PM

Pooooooorrrr Kentucky!!! Haaaaa.
You sir, are slowly but steadily become a "most interesting poster in the world!".......I don't often slam the mildcats......well, yes I do

I like me some Rita's!!!
Yeah, it scared me to death....but I SWEAR, my first thought was, "damn, I might not be able to play tomorrow!!....obsessed much?

I used to play golf and I know the obsession of it my friend. Just keep ice on that shoulder! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT