ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

Also I do not agree with the UK model of going after strictly guys that are OAD. I like our model best, get a few elite guys each year and sprinkle them in with guys that have been here and gone through the reps already

Next years team has our most accomplished senior since...Singler? That's outstanding and we also have a point guard who should be able to take care of everyone. I do question our ceiling though as we may not be as talented as years past or as other top teams next year. We also have major question marks inside even with Carter coming in.
Bagley, if he is anywhere close to what he is projected to be, would help all those issues.

I just know what happened the last time we reclassified a kid, and I know what happened last year. Also wasnt Kentucky supposed to NOT LOSE in'15??? I also said if you read my original post, I don't know how K says no to such a scenario. We probably also face a potential obstacle in Derryck Thornton's handlers....JMO..OFC

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Your post earlier said always take the talent and figure it out later, now you say you don't like UK's model of strictly going after one and done's. You do realize, Socrates, that if Duke lands Bagley we will have 4 one and done's with a sophomore probably going pro and a senior don't you?
Show me the last time UK had a senior anywhere near Grayson. Like I said, a few OADs with returning talent.

Yes, with our returning talent, you still take the talent and figure it out later.
Ya talkin out the side of ya neck.

Reactions: Quavarius
I will be happy with Bagley, but Bolden will probably see less playing time though because Bagley would start at the four and Carter at the five most likely

Show me the last time UK had a senior anywhere near Grayson. Like I said, a few OADs with returning talent.

Yes, with our returning talent, you still take the talent and figure it out later.
Ya talkin out the side of ya neck.
Let's me educate you Socrates. Allen is a senior at Duke by the events that happened this past season. You must have been listening to 90's rappers, or hanging with your homeboy Shelvin Mack and missed his junior season. Don't even go there. It's by pure luck that we have him for his senior season. Duke will have 4, extend one of your paws out and put 4 fingers up, one and done's if Bagley comes to Duke. That's not a few. By percentages, that's 80% of the lineup. That's Kentucky percentages. And without Bagley, Duke is probably losing 5 guys come April 2018. One last note, in 2015, only Okafor was projected as a one and done before the season started, so don't compare 15 to other years.

If he wants to come here this season, I think we welcome him with open arms. He's a season changer.

Somebody please enlighten me. If he comes this year when's the earliest he can play? If he even can I'm lost as to what's going on

He could come as late as September and still be able to play the 2017-18 season.
That would be crazy.I don't know how I feel about this yet excited or worried like some with the chemistry...although Duvals a past first pg..trents a team player ..Allen has his moments but for the most part wants to win first. Carters gonna be carter reguardless ..big frank isn't going to complain ..tucker will still get his role minutes ..JD.. will get his role minutes and be happy...white who I think is going to be a really good player may be the guy next year getting rumored to transfer..bolden bolden bolden is the guy that will feel this the most though.. now thinking about it all of 2 minutes I think this would work nicely ..wella whole lot easier then last year anyway. I think last year is still in some minds and mine too but this teams not quite or no where near in terms of complication of who gets mintues or whatever like then. I want him! lol. Imo k has a easy task in figuring out the rotation anyway ...it's either going to work or isn't .. there's not a lot of room for let's try this and that this year .

That would be crazy.I don't know how I feel about this yet excited or worried like some with the chemistry...although Duvals a past first pg..trents a team player ..Allen has his moments but for the most part wants to win first. Carters gonna be carter reguardless ..big frank isn't going to complain ..tucker will still get his role minutes ..JD.. will get his role minutes and be happy...white who I think is going to be a really good player may be the guy next year getting rumored to transfer..bolden bolden bolden is the guy that will feel this the most though.. now thinking about it all of 2 minutes I think this would work nicely ..wella whole lot easier then last year anyway. I think last year is still in some minds and mine too but this teams not quite or no where near in terms of complication of who gets mintues or whatever like then. I want him! lol. Imo k has a easy task in figuring out the rotation anyway ...it's either going to work or isn't .. there's not a lot of room for let's try this and that this year .
Lmao

If Bagley wants to come this year, next year, 4 years from now, you welcome him with open arms...

You don't turn down a kid with talent like that. Ever. Come play your 40 games in Duke blue and go make your money kid.

Oh, no! Someone said always take the talent and made an old man joke and now we have to circle the motorized scooters and shake our cans of Ensure at him!

If Bagley chooses Duke, it will be b/c the GOAT vetted him and had confidence in how the chemistry would work out. I'm going to put more stock in that than in that one time that one guy who reclassified hurt our feelings by transferring.

Oh, no! Someone said always take the talent and made an old man joke and now we have to circle the motorized scooters and shake our cans of Ensure at him!
Damn Datt, this got an actual chuckle out of me. That's hard to do via message board, my friend.

I just know what happened the last time we reclassified a kid, and I know what happened last year. Also wasnt Kentucky supposed to NOT LOSE in'15??? I also said if you read my original post, I don't know how K says no to such a scenario. We probably also face a potential obstacle in Derryck Thornton's handlers....JMO..OFC
I would take that 2015 UK team any day of the week. If Bagley would put us in that type of company, what are we even debating?

Crazy is right

I would take that 2015 UK team any day of the week. If Bagley would put us in that type of company, what are we even debating?

Debating makes it all the more fun....We were "in their company" in '15- think we knocked the team off that beat them, right?? I am not unequivocally saying no- its up to K, he knows the feel or pulse of the group he has now. Talent wise its a no-brainer, only K knows the personality of the group and any potential chemistry issues. I imagine you"ll know a lot more after Marvin's visit....OFC

If he wants to be at Duke and the staff wants him now, then I trust the staff. However, I feel we've had some very mixed results with kids reclassifying. We don't win in 2010 without Dawkins, but he struggled beyond that. Obviously, Thornton never settled.

I trust our staff, but would have some reservations.

If he wants to be at Duke and the staff wants him now, then I trust the staff. However, I feel we've had some very mixed results with kids reclassifying. We don't win in 2010 without Dawkins, but he struggled beyond that. Obviously, Thornton never settled.

Yea but no disrespect at all to Dawkins or Thornton, but Bagley is on a different planet compared to Dawkins or Thornton. Once again, I am in no way disrespecting Dawkins or Thornton or their contributions while at Duke.

Reactions: Quavarius and dbav

Dre's struggles had abso-freakin-lutely nothing to do w/ reclassifying.

With so small a sample size, I'd say there's much more of a concern w/ adding someone late, after the class and team has started to know each other than there is w/ reclassifying.

Just how good is this Bagley? Is hof coach roy williams 'cruitin him? If not are we sure we want to take the chance ? Since I can't even lurk thr anymore what's guru gary-7 saying? I really miss thr. Beginning to wish I hadn't trolled thr. I'm really missing those guys. Somebody help me. :D OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
Just how good is this Bagley? Is hof coach roy williams 'cruitin him? If not are we sure we want to take the chance ? Since I can't even lurk thr anymore what's guru gary-7 saying? I really miss thr. Beginning to wish I hadn't trolled thr. I'm really missing those guys. Somebody help me. :D OFC

Thats a shame you cant go over there and give them my love Sky!!!
#HofCoachRoyKnew

OFC

You can't log off here and then lurk over there? That's how I do it. As long as you aren't signed in.

Reactions: hart2chesson
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Bagley has been 18 since March. He is the average age of a college matriculant. He's older than Wendell Carter. Most importantly, this is the NCAA's only chance to have him playing college ball. Bagley can declare for the draft next year if he wants to. Add all this up, and I'm 100% sure the NCAA will get this approved. Bagley likes Duval and knows he can grab our 5th starting spot. I like where all this is heading.

Reactions: dbav
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Bagley has been 18 since March. He is the average age of a college matriculant. He's older than Wendell Carter. Most importantly, this is the NCAA's only chance to have him playing college ball. Bagley can declare for the draft next year if he wants to. Add all this up, and I'm 100% sure the NCAA will get this approved. Bagley likes Duval and knows he can grab our 5th starting spot. I like where all this is heading.

Denver on your premise should we expect him to commit to Duke on his upcoming visit?? I mean I expect K would PUSH HARD for it DURING THE VISIT if he thinks its in best interest of his team.Duke and K have a pretty decent success rate of nailing down commits on visits....OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT