ADVERTISEMENT

Khaman Maluach

I like Blakes and would like to have him back. But agreed, for the most part he doesn't seem to handle spot minutes the way Goldwire did. And every time he plays well, it seems he regresses after. Wouldn't blame the kid for moving on, but I'll take a senior back up PG in a heartbeat.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I like Blakes and would like to have him back. But agreed, for the most part he doesn't seem to handle spot minutes the way Goldwire did. And every time he plays well, it seems he regresses after. Wouldn't blame the kid for moving on, but I'll take a senior back up PG in a heartbeat.
His role this year is defense...

I don't trust Blakes one bit even as a backup at this point. Plays too much with his hands and picks up dumb fouls and can't shoot. Not trying to say anyone is wrong but that's just from I'm seeing.

I don't trust Blakes one bit even as a backup at this point. Plays too much with his hands and picks up dumb fouls and can't shoot. Not trying to say anyone is wrong but that's just from I'm seeing.
The more he plays, the more evident his shortcomings become.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
If Mitchell returns , I think we see a decommit from one of Harris, Evan’s or Knup.
Mitchell wouldn’t return to come off the bench, Flag and Mal are starters as well and Foster returning would lock down four of the five starting spots .

Leaves Power, Evans, Harris and Knup at the sg to Sf spot .
Ngongba might not play leaving a front court of Flagg , Mal and Stewart . IMO need to keep Reeves or get another veteran big to help the freshman while they adjust to the college level.

Gone I would say , Roach, Proctor, Young, Flip.
50/50 test the league or transfer Mitchell

50/50 transfer Reeves , Power ( just because he might see the need to want more minutes somewhere) and Schutt.

Blakes would be the only back up point guard on the roster or he could leave and Duke look at the portal .

Either way looking forward to the off season and next year .

Welcome to the brotherhood young man !
Makes a lot of sense. I think Stewart will actually be better than Mitchell next year because he will mature mentally and physically and in his game. And get stronger. Watching Mitchell - he’s had some good games but also some really funky ones. Just hasn’t yet developed an offensive game.

Reactions: sheyduke
Really good piece on Khaman on espn. Alot of hype around the young man and you can't help but be excited about he and Cooper in the front court.

Reactions: jamsession2
Makes a lot of sense. I think Stewart will actually be better than Mitchell next year because he will mature mentally and physically and in his game. And get stronger. Watching Mitchell - he’s had some good games but also some really funky ones. Just hasn’t yet developed an offensive game.
Or we could have neither haha

I expect he will be very good by February, or else very good by the next October when he is on an NBA or G League roster. We'll see.

Raw and OAD is probably my least favorite type of player, but this guy looks really good. Agree it may take a while; even Lively struggled with his timing early on. But we got Brown to address that need and play the Young role.

Raw and OAD is probably my least favorite type of player, but this guy looks really good. Agree it may take a while; even Lively struggled with his timing early on. But we got Brown to address that need and play the Young role.
He’s not raw . Just needs to get used to the physical play at this level and not staying around the perimeter.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
He’s not raw . Just needs to get used to the physical play at this level and not staying around the perimeter.
The team he's on now stinks (City Oilers). They have him setting a lot of picks. Hopefully Jon makes better use of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT