ADVERTISEMENT

Khaman Maluach

The kid's got a soft shot for a big man
Oh My God Wow GIF

The kid's got a soft shot for a big man
With Maluach size and height on the team, would give Scheyer a ton of different options at the SF and PF spot. You’ve got Cooper, Stewart, Power, Evans, Knueppel, and possibly Mitchell returns. Think we will have options at SG. I’m curious what Foster and Proctor do after this season, and what we do if both go to the NBA. Could be the first time since the portal has really gotten going to be able to bring in a really good PG from the portal, as they could start immediately without worrying about having to beat out a 5* Freshman at the position.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Foster's getting some excellent on-the-job training this year.
The only way I’d see Proctor returning is if he just see’s the players coming in as more of his style . You add Flagg, Maluach , Evan’s and a possible third year Mitchell and you got lob threats for days .

Reactions: youngman42
Would be 7.

We know for sure that Young, Roach, Flip are gone.

Likely gone:
Proctor, Mitchell, Reeves (transfer), Blakes (grad transfer).

Possibly gone:
McCain.

Likely return:
Foster, Power, Stewart.

Return but likely medical redshirt- Schutt

You think roach is 100% gone? And schutt out again?

Would be 7.

Likely gone:

Possibly gone:
McCain.

Likely return:
Foster, Power, Stewart.

Hi Timo, based on this, is it a foregone conclusion that Roach is gone? That would be my first call, if I'm Jon. Although, he is a senior, so he's probably ready for a new chapter, so I get it.

Then the other is Reeves, which I can see him transferring but I hope he stays. He can redshirt which still gives him three years left. He could definitely increase his role, but again, I get it.

Just wanted to get any thoughts that you are able to share.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I don't like talking about next year, but here goes. Duke has 6 signed: 2 centers, and the other 4 are either shooting guards or small forwards, ranging in size from 6-5 to 6-8. Let's assume Stewart and Power both stay. That's 6 non centers. Flagg will start, unless the entire planet is wrong on him. Stewart probably will too. I think Foster returns, so there's the point guard.

It seems like we might be a little thin at the guard spot (Foster only ball handler) next season, and loaded at the forward spot. But I could be wrong and one of the kids coming in could handle running the point some. This is also saying McCain and Mitchell both leave. I'd love to have both return, especially McCain. If one of them surprises me and stays, I'd say someone that either we expect to stay doesn't, and a recruit decommits.

Would be 7.

Likely gone:

Possibly gone:
McCain.

Likely return:
Foster, Power, Stewart.

You think Mitchell is gone and not as a transfer?

Seems very unlikely he will be drafted based on various draft sites I’ve seen. Haven’t even seen him in the top 100 in a couple.

Proctor seems a borderline 2nd round draft pick; but the only sure 1st rounders are Flip and McCain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT