ADVERTISEMENT

Just in case this has slipped anyone's mind.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
unc got away with cheating during the afam scandal. It had been going on for years and the coaches knew about it. It wasn't until when things started coming out that hof coach roy williams made his players not take the course. He was so smug about unc getting off scott free. He knew of course like the rest of us that would be the case.dean smith knew it also but imo he probably didn't see anything wrong with it. I don't know how much it cost unc to get out of it. Whatever the cost it's not enough. They have more lawyers than the cities of Philadelphia and New York together. Then hof coach roy williams started whining about how the investigation was hurting his recruiting. How arrogant is that? I stared this thread because I made a promise when the NCAA let them off that I would never let anyone forget. Yes they got away with it because of the loop hole. The unc attorney's knew how it would comw it way back when the afam was set up to all students. They knew if the regular student body could take the course then it would not be an athletic issue. The sad thing is how unfair it was to the thousands of unc alumni that worked hard to get their degrees through working their way through school and many who are still paying off their college loans who did it the right way. Yes I'm gonna use my cliche. "The dirt is still under the rug." OFC

Last edited:
UNCheats has an innate ability to do a couple of things well.

1-Hit a lucky show at what always seems to be the right time for them.

2-Cheat their asses off and get away with it scot free.

They're family and proud of it even if its a cheating family.

They are still doing things against the rules. Football team selling shoes? Oh I know Fedora and no one else knew about it right? Truth be known the football staff probably never told those players it is wrong. They are who they are. The new "carolina way" and their fans now feel it's ok. unc fans be unc fans. Just step up and say yes we are cheaters and I'm ashamed but I've been a tar heel fan all my life and will continue to be one. " I would respect them a lot more then. They aren't even demanding that changes be made. Just win baby win. I know there are heel fans that will read this. That's a privilege. At least all of you aren't banned from here. Big difference in the attitude of the mods on both boards. OFC

Because nothing happened, it's basically the same as them being exonerated (for their fans). So I'd imagine it's pretty easy to forget. Plus the fact that they got a title during their alleged hurt recruiting period, I doubt any of them give a single solitary fu- care. But we'll always remember.

For me it's tough because I have always respected UNC as a school, and now it's very hard to separate the blatant fraud and immorality of their athletics with the quality of the school outside athletics. It makes me lump the whole thing together and I no longer consider UNC an elite public university. However they will probably survive without my respect.

Reactions: Dukeman and skysdad
I haven't kept up with this whole mess like many on here have. The cheating to me is in line with the fans. They wear those sweater vests, and have this aura like they are better than you.
They remind me of the neighbor who asks why didn't you go to church on Sunday. All while they are putting $5.00 in the collection plate and running around on their wife.

I haven't kept up with this whole mess like many on here have. The cheating to me is in line with the fans. They wear those sweater vests, and have this aura like they are better than you.
They remind me of the neighbor who asks why didn't you go to church on Sunday. All while they are putting $5.00 in the collection plate and running around on their wife.
#RoyKnew

OFC

Dang Mac! Haha

Reactions: hart2chesson

Or like the lady in church who tells the preacher at the end of service the names of all the people who didn't bow their heads and close their eyes during the prayer. OFC

Last edited:
Speaking of DevilDJ, what has happened to him since the ruling? Is he in some padded room making pottery, and swallowing little white pills every 6-8 hours?

As Hart said, Mac, DevilDJ is still giving the Heels hell. Type in 'DevilDJ@DevilDJ32' in Goggle and you can get to his twitter account.

OFC

I can't believe none of our unc fans have posted. Tell us how you feel about getting away with it and don't say every school does it. You will be more respected if just say "Yes we did cheat. I admit it. Wish it had not happened and I'm ashamed but I'm still a tar heel fan." Now I can respect that. OFC

37854318_274386006448633_7472236294576275456_n.jpg

I can't believe none of our unc fans have posted. Tell us how you feel about getting away with it and don't say every school does it. You will be more respected if just say "Yes we did cheat. I admit it. Wish it had not happened and I'm ashamed but I'm still a tar heel fan." Now I can respect that. OFC

SKY thats a good breakdown. Unfortuately, only a select few of tar hole fans I know can own up to it and admit anything in contrite fashion. Two and possibly three titles will forever have an asterisk beside them: '05 and '09 FOR CERTAIN, and '93 under Dean. Its pretty well acknowledged Dean instituted AFAM during Duke's remarkable 7 of 9 final fours and back to back nattys as a desperation move to compete with K's astounding run. Roy then ran with it...

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT