ADVERTISEMENT

Is Carter staying???

A bit. Why bother with the whole "Well, we are still thinking about it, we love Duke!" thing on national outlets like ESPN? Just think it over, and say that stuff when you announce what you are doing. I just don't get the point, otherwise.

There was probably some added suspense, but it doesn't really matter one way or the other. I'm sure the silence from their end a week ago had them answering a lot of questions so they just put it out there.

Look at it this way, everyone on this board wanted answers, too....even though it's none of our business. I'm sure it changed the mind of some here that he truly was thinking about coming back, when in actuality it was probably never a realistic option from their end. That doesn't mean they weren't conflicted, though.

Reactions: timo0402
It's not sour grapes at all....I don't disagree with his decision.

It's just sound silly to me when you start using words like "brotherhood" when you were only there for a few months.

I'd rather save that for the guys who stayed and won. Otherwise, it's just a cute saying that has little meaning.

So I’m guessing that you can’t stand RJ, Cam, Zion and Tre Jones became they talk about joining “the brotherhood” at Duke and the majority of their individual interviews and all the interviews they give as a group. By your statement above and understanding at least 3 of the 4 will only be at Duke one year, guess that you will start bashing them and not watch them play at Duke because they mention brotherhood too much?

Doubt it. You’re just trying to come up with a way to take shots regarding Wendell.

So I’m guessing that you can’t stand RJ, Cam, Zion and Tre Jones became they talk about joining “the brotherhood” at Duke and the majority of their individual interviews and all the interviews they give as a group. By your statement above and understanding at least 3 of the 4 will only be at Duke one year, guess that you will start bashing them and not watch them play at Duke because they mention brotherhood too much?

Doubt it. You’re just trying to come up with a way to take shots regarding Wendell.
The post count should tell you all you need to know.

Considering I twice said I agreed with the move, wished him well, and said I thought he was going to have a great professional career, I am not sure why you think I was knocking him.

If anything, I complimented him but criticized the overuse (not specific to him) of catchy, but meaningless phrases.

And as far as my post count, I have been a Duke fan for close to 30 years. It is because of my love for the program that I'd prefer to reserve things like "Duke family" "brotherhood" and such for those who gave 3-4 years....It should be an earned classification, not just given casually.

Last edited:
Reactions: youngswami2
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you were smart enough to read the spoiler.
BtP1.gif

I'm happy for him. Def my favorite player on the team behind Grayson. Would have loved it if he came back but I know that's just me being selfish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT