ADVERTISEMENT

Highest basketball IQ...?

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
Okay, so I know we've talked crunch time...

But who are the guys who you think had the highest basketball IQs at Duke?

I'd say Jon, Bobby, and Shane are all really good picks, personally.

Reactions: Tlass
Would think a lot of our PGs
Amaker
Hurley
Tyus
Scheyer
Shane
Elton Brand i thought.
Carrawell- that dude man
Wojo

xWRyK_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: DukeDenver
There have been some freshmen with outstanding basketball IQ as well.

Jah, Tyus, Jayson and Luke come to mind automatically. Greg Paulus showed it early as well.

Going back to pre-K, I’ve always heard Jeff Mullins, Bob Verga, Chip Engelland, Ed Koffenberger, Dick Groat among many others were very intelligent players.

Ferry, Snider, Amaker, Bilas, Dawkins, Alarie, Battier, Laettner, Hurley, Dunleavy, Scheyer, Singler, both Hills...

Space Cadet team: Newton, Horvath

Reactions: dukehokie
Ferry, Snider, Amaker, Bilas, Dawkins, Alarie, Battier, Laettner, Hurley, Dunleavy, Scheyer, Singler, both Hills...

Space Cadet team: Newton, Horvath

Haha add Casey Sanders and Josh Hairston to Team Astronaut.

Reactions: Mac9192
Pretty much anyone who ends up going into coaching would qualify, at the very least. Anyone who sticks in the NBA has to get there, too, even if they weren't necessarily there when they arrived.

I have a question about basketball I.Q. Are we talking like the the natural mental instincts and reactions to in game circumstances of the above mentioned players or the high basketball I.Q. of guru gary -7 which is beyond every ones mental capacity. OFC

Tyus Jones saw the action in slow mo. Not sure if that counts for IQ. Shane was a real man of genius.

It’s Hurley.

Not going to even talk about his on court stats....

Dad is a HOF coach, and then
Hurley played for another HOF coach, and then
He played in NBA, and then
Hurley went to work for his brother as an assistant coach, and then
He became a D1 coach.

For his age, Hurley has had more hours in coaching and getting coached then anyone I know.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT