ADVERTISEMENT

Hard hitting

TxTech game was close, 4 charges in final 4 minutes was terrible though. We had a good lead on Auburn 10-15pts throughout second half. Virginia shot horrible but we shot 12% from outside which is also unlike us. We were missing Tre 1st game. Fluke, luck, whatever. We got the dub. Was the Louisville comeback lucky or a fantastic coaching move?

I don’t see a chemistry problem, I see a “we suck at shooting” problem. I reckon we will just have to disagree... Reddish had 2 games where he drove into the lane like a maniac and picked up some charge whistles. Not good basketball but I’m not going to let 4 or 5 errant possessions write his story. If you want to follow that narrative, Zion had two or three times the amount of charging calls than anyone else. Reddish finessed a lot of athletic layups. He didn’t shoot well all year, I agree. Had an odd knack for shooting really deep 2pt shots. He was also a prolific defender and stepped up in big moments. Not sure why he seemingly only stepped up then, but he did.

We played really bad against Wake, I’d be a fool to argue that. The whole team was lazy in transition defense against MSU, it wasn’t specific to RJ.

Javin (11) and Zion (14) had all the rebounds against MSU. I believe RJ/Cam each had around 5/6. Alex O’Connell has more boards than RJ against VT. Zion had 2 more boards than RJ and Javin both against UCF. Not sure about the the 16 seed game. — Zion is a freak of nature athlete who mostly plays in the paint. You don’t need to credit him for out-rebounding our wing players.

Lol you literally blamed RJ’s bad pass on Zion’s 2nd foul... dude just stop.

I love Zion. He is the best player on the team, everyone knows that. You’re pumping him off right now and spitting in every other player’s face. We know he’s the best, you don’t have to be extreme about it. RJ making a bad pass doesn’t make him responsible for Zion’s choice to run up and hack the guy. It was a bad decision.
Cam had most charges on the team followed by RJ then Zion. Cam had how many charges on fast breaks as well.

The foul on Zion was zions being overly aggressive because of an awful lazy pass by RJ. My point is one player was overly aggressive in that moment and one was lazy.

The ACC doesn’t have a regular season champion. Only the ACC tournament champion is considered the “ACC Champion.” It’s in the rulebook.

Fear thanks so much for clearing that up. ACC Regular season winner is a "MYTHICAL" title and is for seeding purposes only!

OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
The ACC doesn’t have a regular season champion. Only the ACC tournament champion is considered the “ACC Champion.” It’s in the rulebook.

That’s false. I’ve seen many a times pieces written about coaches and their ACC regular season titles vs ACC tournament championship titles. Hell, even UVA and UNC cut down the nets after winning the regular season. Coach K himself said their goal was to win the ACC regular season championship.

I understand the “ACC Champion” is who wins the tournament. I’m saying it’s not a myth to be a regular season ACC champion as that is clearly recognized by the teams who win it lol
Actually, by definition the ACC “regular season champion” is a myth. It doesn’t exist.

Some of you might have already seen this ~ 6m segment on ESPN. Really call out Cam for chickening out in our S16 game. Also talk about both he and Tre should go back to Duke. Personally I'm done with Reddish but would love for Tre to come back....

Some of you might have already seen this ~ 6m segment on ESPN. Really call out Cam for chickening out in our S16 game. Also talk about both he and Tre should go back to Duke. Personally I'm done with Reddish but would love for Tre to come back....

Well, anything with Stephen A Smith in the preview pic means I’m not clicking on it. I’d rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard than him.

Personally, you’re done with Reddish? Damn, are y’all dating? Where did he touch you? Don’t you think he may be personally done with you as well?

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Personally, you’re done with Reddish? Damn, are y’all dating? Where did he touch you? Don’t you think he may be personally done with you as well?
He played so bad offensively he actually hurt duke being on the floor. It showed in his +\- numbers. You’d expect him to improve but he has to leave or risk another season like this year.

He played so bad offensively he actually hurt duke being on the floor. It showed in his +\- numbers. You’d expect him to improve but he has to leave or risk another season like this year.

Meh, but he didn’t let his offense affect his defense unlike most Duke players who decide not to play defense when they’re not scoring. Also, if we’re basing this off of who’s being on the floor hurting Duke, then only a handful of players should return. Are we personally done with AOC? Jack White? Who else?

Meh, but he didn’t let his offense affect his defense unlike most Duke players who decide not to play defense when they’re not scoring. Also, if we’re basing this off of who’s being on the floor hurting Duke, then only a handful of players should return. Are we personally done with AOC? Jack White? Who else?

Just start all the way over. Blow it all up. Fire the coach, the athletic trainer; strength and conditioning is gone too. Take the schollys. Kick those kids out of school while you’re at it. We clearly need a ragtag group of kids from the farms of Indiana. I’m sure we could get behind them. They would play for the name on the front, not the back. :rolleyes:

Done with Reddish? This is just a stupid comment. The likelihood Cam Reddish returns for his sophomore season is probably somewhere between slim and none, but if he does, Duke fans should consider it a win for the program.

I just don't understand the hostility some of you have for this dude.

Were you done with Laettner when he blew it at the line against Arizona?

What about Hurley when Hunt and Anthony scared the literal shit out of him in 1990? Were you done with him, too?

How many times were you done with Grayson Allen since 2016?

Last edited:

While it's doubtful about Jack White, you know they aren't done with Alex O'Connell. He has been tagged as the next white guy they can identify with and live vicariously through.

We are in line for two more years of some fans exaggerating his importance to the team, claiming he's a key to the team and calling for him to get more clock.

Just start all the way over. Blow it all up. Fire the coach, the athletic trainer; strength and conditioning is gone too. Take the schollys. Kick those kids out of school while you’re at it. We clearly need a ragtag group of kids from the farms of Indiana. I’m sure we could get behind them. They would play for the name on the front, not the back. :rolleyes:

Hokie, I think everyone is just frustrated still over the tough loss and venting is natural...Things will get better w/time, but this is a bitter pill to swallow. It was just almost surreal to see this team go down before the FF. They had a mystique about them w/one of the great phenoms we will ever see in college basketball. OFC

While it's doubtful about Jack White, you know they aren't done with Alex O'Connell. He has been tagged as the next white guy they can identify with and live vicariously through.

We are in line for two more years of some fans exaggerating his importance to the team, claiming he's a key to the team and calling for him to get more clock.

Ahhhh

Hokie, I think everyone is just frustrated still over the tough loss and venting is natural...Things will get better w/time, but this is a bitter pill to swallow. It was just almost surreal to see this team go down before the FF. They had a mystique about them w/one of the great phenoms we will ever see in college basketball. OFC

You don’t think I’m frustrated too? This is my form of venting. Leave me alone! :D

Right!

I’m not a SAS fan but he’s pretty spot on here and so is Jay and jalen. They’re saying the same stuff many of us are.

Reactions: Leo2Wes and Mac9192
Join the party my good man....:cool:OFC

Hahaha. No. I won’t. I refuse. This sounds like a party that hired a Howard Jones cover band and is only serving Michelob Ultra. Nope. I won’t do it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
I’m not a SAS fan but he’s pretty spot on here and so is Jay and jalen. They’re saying the same stuff many of us are.
Like everyone else, wish Cam would have been more consistent. Thought his effort was solid, for the most part, until the sweet 16 game on Friday. I was ripped on the insider site for saying I didn't want Cam playing on Sunday, due to K being caught by surprise with news less than an hour he couldn't play.
The kid then comes back on Sunday, doesn't start, but plays 37 minutes, going 2-8.

Hard truth here: K is too soft on our one and done's. He just happened to have a group this season that were self motivated.

Reactions: pisgah101
OADs are like short term relationships. At first you're like, wow I am really into this person. Then they do or say something that pisses you off. It's early, but whatever they did or said was so infuriating you're just done with them. But they never really had a chance so you'll never know how it could have worked out.

Debatable excerpt

"Not every recruit that Duke signs expects to go pro after one season. The issue for the ones who do stick around is that the identity of the team changes so dramatically each season that there is no continuity within their roles. Coach K has to start from scratch each summer. Last season’s team was built around two more traditional big men (Bagley and Carter) who struggled to defend in space, so he played a zone and slowed the tempo (no. 105 in the country in pace) to pound the ball inside. This season’s team was built around three 6-foot-7 players with inconsistent jumpers, so he played pressure defense and tried to speed up the pace (no. 27 in the country) to get out in transition. It’s no wonder his bench couldn’t keep up. Players without as much natural talent need to learn to play within a system on both ends of the floor."
Wow. I think that's a really good point. I wouldn't debate it at all.

K has an amazing program, of course. He's also renowned for adjusting style to fit the talent he has. The point here about how veteran role players need continuity exposes a place where program-building and adjustments may allow some things to slip between the cracks.

Reactions: Devilinside
OADs are like short term relationships. At first you're like, wow I am really into this person. Then they do or say something that pisses you off. It's early, but whatever they did or said was so infuriating you're just done with them. But they never really had a chance so you'll never know how it could have worked out.
Terrible take. It's like you've never seen a simile before.

OADs are like short-term relationships. At first you're like, "Wow, I'm really into this person." But somewhere in the back of your mind, you kind of know it isn't going to last. You enjoy it while it lasts, then it's over, and you eventually settle down with the love of your life. 10 years later, that old flame contacts you out of the blue, just to see what you're doing (i.e., if you're available). You politely decline, but you toss and turn all night reminiscing as the love of your life snores loudly beside you.

[QUOTE="Mac9192, post: 11356077, member: 32257"

Hard truth here: K is too soft on our one and done's. He just happened to have a group this season that were self motivated.[/QUOTE
I would buy into your argument. For one thing its like A GIVEN they will START FROM DAY 1... I also think very little development is really done with these players while they spend their year in Durham. Thats just my take.

I still think we have the BEST COACH EVER, and perhaps K is more comfortable building a team to the OAD's strengths than making them fit into the traditional Duke system. Nonetheless I see merit in your theory.

Finally when K leaves we're not going to remember him "most for not developing players," but look to the future and wonder if our new coach can win 5 more nattys or how many K ultimately ends up winning.

OFC

This was the statement that really bothered me. Not only is this debatable, it's inaccurate. He'll always have naysayers - that's what happens when you're good. K will be remembered as one of the greatest ever - not perfect, but pretty dang good.

Reactions: Leo2Wes
[QUOTE="Mac9192, post: 11356077, member: 32257"

Hard truth here: K is too soft on our one and done's. He just happened to have a group this season that were self motivated.[/QUOTE
I would buy into your argument. For one thing its like A GIVEN they will START FROM DAY 1... I also think very little development is really done with these players while they spend their year in Durham. Thats just my take.

I still think we have the BEST COACH EVER, and perhaps K is more comfortable building a team to the OAD's strengths than making them fit into the traditional Duke system. Nonetheless I see merit in your theory.

So lazy now? Lol

I’m not understanding why you are so triggered right now?

I’m not understanding why you are so triggered right now?

He’s triggered on every post from what I’ve seen lol and that post was as stupid as they come. Imagine if we inserted Goldwire for Alex there how “racist” it would be called

Reactions: GillJET
This has to be one of the most ridiculous opinions one could come up with. With an opinion like this, I would suggest you go outside and breathe some fresh air. It’s obvious the room you were in when you typed this is low in oxygen.

Just so we are clear on where you are coming from, "Who is 'they'?"

He’s triggered on every post from what I’ve seen lol and that post was as stupid as they come. Imagine if we inserted Goldwire for Alex there how “racist” it would be called
Yeah I much preferred Hokie’s line about Indiana farm kids, that was pretty damn funny. Jtre’s comment was too direct and hostile.

Reactions: dukehokie

OADs are like short-term relationships. At first you're like, "Wow, I'm really into this person." But somewhere in the back of your mind, you kind of know it isn't going to last. You enjoy it while it lasts, then it's over, and you eventually settle down with the love of your life. 10 years later, that old flame contacts you out of the blue, just to see what you're doing (i.e., if you're available). You politely decline, but you toss and turn all night reminiscing as the love of your life snores loudly beside you.
Teach on, Dat!

Lol.

A couple of things. I should have said OADs are like short term relationships and assigned my example to certain fans ITT.

And come on, Datt. Cam isn't calling me back ten years from now. That's ludicrous.

But man. My wife claims that I snore. I mean, who doesn't? But sometimes I want to record the gal because of course, she claims she doesn't snore. She be sawing down trees man.

Just so we are clear on where you are coming from, "Who is 'they'?"

The type of fan who would be "done" with Cam Reddish because he didn't live up to expectations on one end of the court as a college freshman.

Yeah I much preferred Hokie’s line about Indiana farm kids, that was pretty damn funny. Jtre’s comment was too direct and hostile.

You ask me why I'm triggered, yet you complain about my comment being too direct and hostile. That's irony.

I apologize for hurting your feelings with my assessment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT