ADVERTISEMENT

Hard hitting

He’s triggered on every post from what I’ve seen lol and that post was as stupid as they come. Imagine if we inserted Goldwire for Alex there how “racist” it would be called

If the Goldwires were looked at in the same way as the O'Connells by many here I wouldn't have made the comment.

By the way, I noticed you changed your avatar as soon as the guy in the old one finished up his usefulness. That didn't take long.

You ask me why I'm triggered, yet you complain about my comment being too direct and hostile. That's irony.

I apologize for hurting your feelings with my assessment.
You didn’t hurt my feelings at all.
We all expect a lot more from Cam than Alex. That has more to do with the “negative” feelings towards Cam than race does.

You didn’t hurt my feelings at all.
We all expect a lot more from Cam than Alex. That has more to do with the “negative” feelings towards Cam than race does.

What I'm talking about goes beyond O'Connell, he just happened to be the point of reference. I watched for the last two years while Grayson got deified by many on this board despite appearing to kill team chemistry, shooting us out of games and being an overall embarrassment to the program. Granted, he did his thing one time as a freshman and it was the highest of stages, but the fact that his skin color matches that of most of the fans has contributed to his lifetime pass rather than having backs turned and shovels brought out like in the Reddish situation.

Can’t you say the same story lines for everyone?

VT survived an over time game
Auburn survived an over time game
TxTech only had a 2 point lead under 30 secs
MSU won by 1 point

Safe to say that ONE play dramatically changes the final four. This is true almost every year.

totally agree. game of inches for sure. unless youre Nova from last year or UNC 2009 and just sleepwalking thru the whole tournament winning each game by 10+ you're probably not winning it all without getting some breaks. Hell, our 2017 team had 4 games that we could have easily lost if a few plays/calls went the other way, we managed to come out on the right end in each of them

What I'm talking about goes beyond O'Connell, he just happened to be the point of reference. I watched for the last two years while Grayson got deified by many on this board despite appearing to kill team chemistry, shooting us out of games and being an overall embarrassment to the program. Granted, he did his thing one time as a freshman and it was the highest of stages, but the fact that his skin color matches that of most of the fans has contributed to his lifetime pass rather than having backs turned and shovels brought out like in the Reddish situation.
giphy.gif

You just need to stop. Your posts keep getting dumber. This has never been about race, no matter how hard you’re trying to push it.
Believe me, your opinion on all this doesn’t fit how ANY Duke fan I know feels.

If I had to take a guess, I’d say you’re no older than 35, probably younger. No disrespect to any person on this board in this age group.

I think political/racial agendas are better left out of this conversation. That's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I haven't seen any comments that suggest that race has any role in someone's opinion on Cam.

It's a simply comparing and contrasting. You take statements, replies, comments, etc. over a period of time and you begin to notice trends. Then you start to look at common factors in those trends.

Just because people aren't coming in here slinging the n-word at Cam or screaming,
"White power!" everytime Grayson knocked down a 3 doesn't mean there is not a racial component to the treatment some of our players received and still do receive.

I hear you but there is no way around the fact that Cam was a disappointment.

It's a simply comparing and contrasting. You take statements, replies, comments, etc. over a period of time and you begin to notice trends. Then you start to look at common factors in those trends.

Just because people aren't coming in here slinging the n-word at Cam or screaming,
"White power!" everytime Grayson knocked down a 3 doesn't mean there is not a racial component to the treatment some of our players received and still do receive.
Okay dude. Whatever. Have fun being a victim.

I hear you but there is no way around the fact that Cam was a disappointment.

I think Cam was a disappointment on one end of the court in the sense that he never quite adjusted to be the third option on offense. Hell, that's not an easy move to make. It took Chris Bosh a while, it took Kevin Love a while. As I've alluded to before, I think Grayson's inability to adjust to not offensively being the guy the last two years caused a lot of harm.

This is one of the reasons I would love to see Cam Reddish back in a Duke uniform next year if that is what he wanted.

There will always be a racial component to sports, some good and some unfortunately bad, just not sure this is the place to bring it up.

Reactions: GillJET
I think Cam was a disappointment on one end of the court in the sense that he never quite adjusted to be the third option on offense. Hell, that's not an easy move to make. It took Chris Bosh a while, it took Kevin Love a while. As I've alluded to before, I think Grayson's inability to adjust to not offensively being the guy the last two years caused a lot of harm.

This is one of the reasons I would love to see Cam Reddish back in a Duke uniform next year if that is what he wanted.
Yeah we all would want Cam back. And yeah Grayson was a disappointment his last couple of years. But Grayson has the National Championship game. Cam has the regular season Florida St. game. I think that’s the biggest difference here.

This is a joke right? Grayson busted his a$$ for 4 years for this program and turned down millions every year to return. We’d be so lucky to have a team full of Grayson Allen’s

This is a joke right? Grayson busted his a$$ for 4 years for this program and turned down millions every year to return. We’d be so lucky to have a team full of Grayson Allen’s
Hmmm. Would be hard for the other team to defend us seeing how they'd all be laying on their asses if we had a team full of Grayson Allens. I'll allow it.

If he had gone pro in 17 instead of Kennard I believe we would have been a better team last year. Obviously, there is no way to prove that.

Truthfully, his issues began to arise about the time Kennard surpassed him.

Meh, but he didn’t let his offense affect his defense unlike most Duke players who decide not to play defense when they’re not scoring. Also, if we’re basing this off of who’s being on the floor hurting Duke, then only a handful of players should return. Are we personally done with AOC? Jack White? Who else?
I never said I was done with reddish. I said he should go pro. I firmly believe if he came back he would improve no doubt but his stock would fall even more as scouts realize he just doesn’t have basketball instincts or IQ. I would love to have him back.m, but o don’t see him turning into a really good b-ball player at this level or above anytime soon. I could see him maybe being 3rd team acc next year with improvements.

If he had gone pro in 17 instead of Kennard I believe we would have been a better team last year. Obviously, there is no way to prove that.

Luke would of been a freak on last years team. Jj like jr or sent year IMO

I get what you are saying, but if anything this board is like most anywhere else in life. Yes there could be a racial component, at least on some level. And it works every which way.

Can we stop with the Grayson bashing? He gave his all for Duke for 4 years. One shot stays in instead of popping out and the word "disappointment" would never be used again.

Grayson/Nolan/Quinn/Scheyer, all gave everything for Duke and for that they hold a special place to me.

Kennard never surpassed Grayson, Grayson took a backseat to him and Tatum for the team because neither were willing or able to distribute. Kennard was a better shooter sure but, as player, hell no. Kennard played matador defense and gave zero effort into anything besides shooting. He did the same thing last year for the betterment of the team, calling Grayson an embarrassment is disingenuous to all he did for DUKE his 4 years here. I do agree people need to lay off Cam, hell I've been saying that all year, however, there isn't any need to start attacking another guy just to attempt to prove your point.

Can we stop with the Grayson bashing? He gave his all for Duke for 4 years. One shot stays in instead of popping out and the word "disappointment" would never be used again.

Grayson/Nolan/Quinn/Scheyer, all gave everything for Duke and for that they hold a special place to me.
Could you imagine having that as a senior backcourt rotation? MY GOD.

Reactions: Liftee

If Scotty Thurman's jumper doesn't drop, Grant Hill is considered the best player of the modern era and no worse than top 5 all-time.

If RJ doesn't miss a free throw last Saturday, people are getting ready for the Final Four instead of burying Cam Reddish.

Sometimes one shot is all it takes to change a legacy.

For the record, I love all three of the other guys you mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT