Gameball: Duke vs. Bucknell

Who gets the Gameball?

• Mark Mitchell - 20pts (career high) - 6 reb - 2 ast - 1 blk

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Jared McCain - 17 pts - 10 reb - 2 ast

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Tyrese Proctor - 13 pts - 3 reb - 4 ast - 1 stl

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Caleb Foster - 9 pts - 4 reb - 6 ast (0 to)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Mitchell was on fire tonight and this game looked to be a good confidene builder for the team.

I missed most of the game. Yes, Mitchell had a good night. But I’m going with McCain. A guard getting 10 rebounds, even against a team like Bucknell, is impressive. Not to mention he scored 17 on only 8 shots.
The kid has swag. And imo, he also plays bigger than his height.

Proctor has quietly put together two solid games since Arizona. Not all american level like we all think he can be, but he's played well. Still believe he's the key to this entire season.

Just watched the highlights, and yes, Mark and McCain stood out. Mark is our x factor; he seems healthy now and will be tough to stop this year. He is also bigger than last year. Stewart with some nice finishes. Our 5 issues are less of an issue if Mark is a stud

Last edited:
I’ll give McCain the game ball when he keeps up the same level of play against Arkansas.
So far he has played well against lower level competition but also fouled out against UNCP and didn’t fair to well against Michigan St or Arizona . I’m not knocking the kid at all he’s only a freshman with room to grow but will be needed against better competition.

This all started because I made another positive post. Ffs have a little self awareness. Your wife know about your excessive use of emojis weirdo?
A positive post, from you? Lol. I’m still laughing at you being too afraid to admit your previous handle.

Anyways, you bore me. Time for you to meet Iggy 🤫😘

Didn't catch the game but surprised to see the statline of McCain with 10 rebounds.

I'll be interested to see how Scheyer handles rotations. With Roach & McCain out there together, we feel awful small. But hey if mccain can rebound like this lol that helps

Reactions: christophero
Didn't catch the game but surprised to see the statline of McCain with 10 rebounds.

I'll be interested to see how Scheyer handles rotations. With Roach & McCain out there together, we feel awful small. But hey if mccain can rebound like this lol that helps
It's a legitimate point. Outside of Blakes our guards are built like high school kids. Maybe not McCain. They are skilled, so we will see if it matters down the road.

Last edited:

McCain seemed to be crashing the weak side boards on every possession (unless he was shooting). His jump timing was pretty impressive too.

McCain seemed to be crashing the weak side boards on every possession (unless he was shooting). His jump timing was pretty impressive too.
44, we have disagreed on players before but wouldn’t you like to see him do the same against better competition? I’m just not sold on him yet .

44, we have disagreed on players before but wouldn’t you like to see him do the same against better competition? I’m just not sold on him yet .
Oh I agree with your point, but I’m hoping this was him adjusting to this level of play, and this’ll be a sign of more aggressive rebounding from him. Well, I hope at least.

Reactions: sheyduke
Oh I agree with your point, but I’m hoping this was him adjusting to this level of play, and this’ll be a sign of more aggressive rebounding from him. Well, I hope at least.
He has grit but I want him to continue to grow let’s see what he does against La Salle

Reactions: Fourteen44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT