ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

A GENUINE FEEL-GOOD, STRESS-FREE BRAVES WIN!! Spencer Strider continued his sterling work on the mound with 13 K's in 8 innings, and 2 hit shutout ball!!

An 11-0 Atlanta victory over the Marlins, on the strength of FIVE HRs. This was a badly needed win to shake off a four game losing streak!!! #ChopOn

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Atlanta, 7
Miami, 4
Braves jumped out to a nice lead with solid hitting and pitching. (Charlie Morton is no spring chicken, but pitched well thru seven.) Reliever Jesse Chavez put down a potential Marlins rally in the 9th.

Ronald Acuna continues to do amazing things for us. Whether it's at bat, in the field or on the basepaths, Acuna is the heart and soul of this team. Two more with the Marlins, and it's on to a Big Apple early season Showdown with the Mets! OFC

Atlanta, 7
Miami, 4
Braves jumped out to a nice lead with solid hitting and pitching. (Charlie Morton is no spring chicken, but pitched well thru seven.) Reliever Jesse Chavez put down a potential Marlins rally in the 9th.

Ronald Acuna continues to do amazing things for us. Whether it's at bat, in the field or on the basepaths, Acuna is the heart and soul of this team. Two more with the Marlins, and it's on to a Big Apple early season Showdown with the Mets! OFC
I was just talking this morning about how good Ronald is. He’s the motor to the team for sure. I saw last night he was hitting .691 in the first inning, then proceeded to smoke a double off the wall so now that’s even higher. Insane stuff. Major league leader in hits and steals. There is really nobody better to be a leadoff guy than him in all of baseball. And he’s locked up for a long time to come.

Boy are we spoiled.

I was just talking this morning about how good Ronald is. He’s the motor to the team for sure. I saw last night he was hitting .691 in the first inning, then proceeded to smoke a double off the wall so now that’s even higher. Insane stuff. Major league leader in hits and steals. There is really nobody better to be a leadoff guy than him in all of baseball. And he’s locked up for a long time to come.

Boy are we spoiled.
Preach Duke!! Thankful Ronald is ours.
#GameChanger

OFC

I am a huge Rickey Henderson fan. It was amazing watching him change games from the lead off spot. Ronald is that type of guy.

Get out the brooms!!! Can we sweep the Fish? Braves go for a sweep of the Marlins @ 12:20 this afternoon.

Last nite was one of those vintage Bravos comebacks we've become accustomed to last several years. Starting pitcher Bryce Elder got cuffed around as the Braves fell down 4-0.

Comeback began with that man Acuna hitting a solo dinger, and ultimately a four run uprising in the 8th got us over the top. 6-4 Atlanta win, and we're 17-8, leading East by three games! OFC

Not much to say if you saw the end of the Braves game. "One game does not a season make" crap and all, but a MASSIVE choke job: Atlanta blows a 4-0 lead over the Fish in the top of the 9th, and gift away the game 5-4.

So the Marlins avert a four game sweep, and I am still in shock. I sensed victory, and missed the ugly finish. Hell, I took the dog for a walk- I was that sure we had it in the bag.

Yes, ITS GOING TO BE A SOMBER FLIGHT TO NEW YORK!! We now have the 2nd place Mighty Mets for three crucial early season games. Today's disaster cuts our lead over the Mets to 2.5 games.

OFC

Not much to say if you saw the end of the Braves game. "One game does not a season make" crap and all, but a MASSIVE choke job: Atlanta blows a 4-0 lead over the Fish in the top of the 9th, and gift away the game 5-4.

So the Marlins avert a four game sweep, and I am still in shock. I sensed victory, and missed the ugly finish. Hell, I took the dog for a walk- I was that sure we had it in the bag.

Yes, ITS GOING TO BE A SOMBER FLIGHT TO NEW YORK!! We now have the 2nd place Mighty Mets for three crucial early season games. Today's disaster cuts our lead over the Mets to 2.5 games.

OFC
I did the same thing. The game seemed to be going swimmingly. I needed to run some errands. Got back in the car, and...boom. Time to take a chop out of the big apple.

Actually this series is a wrap around series so they play Monday too.

Reactions: hart2chesson

OFC
I had the game on at work. Came home and didn’t even bother turning it on. Took me a nap and woke up to that mess.

Good news of the day is Iglesias started his rehab assignment tonight. THANK GOD. I love Aj the setup man, but I don’t love Aj the closer.

Why don't Braves fans, whom I have nothing against, use their own site, and not one which is supposed to be limited to Duke. I may be whining because I am a forever CUBS fan, but I do not use this site to air my personal non-Duke (and, yes, being a Braves fan has nothing to do with Duke) fantasies. Besides, the Braves are hardly a sports dynasty. They Suck!😁 OFC........Er..Go Cubbies!!

Why don't Braves fans, whom I have nothing against, use their own site, and not one which is supposed to be limited to Duke. I may be whining because I am a forever CUBS fan, but I do not use this site to air my personal non-Duke (and, yes, being a Braves fan has nothing to do with Duke) fantasies. Besides, the Braves are hardly a sports dynasty. They Suck!😁 OFC........Er..Go Cubbies!!
Well just so happens they’ve been relevant this decade and have been a topic of conversation in sports. Unlike the Cubs. 😁

Pretty easy to not click on the thread.

What's a Cub?

I did the same thing. The game seemed to be going swimmingly. I needed to run some errands. Got back in the car, and...boom. Time to take a chop out of the big apple.

Actually this series is a wrap around series so they play Monday too.
Huge series smash, even though it's very early. Today's over, tomorrow a NEW DAY!!! #ChopOn

Good news of the day is Iglesias started his rehab assignment tonight. THANK GOD. I love Aj the setup man, but I don’t love Aj the closer.
VERY "good news" 937!!! AJ is NOT A TRUE CLOSER. "Setup man," yes. I know Snit and his stubbornness. He'll no doubt keep Minter in that closing role until Iglesias is back. I would give McHugh a shot anyway, until then. Mets won last nite, so the series opens tonite in New York with Braves leading by a mere 2 games. OFC

Great to get back in the win column after Thursday's blown finish. YES, it was a RAIN-SHORTENED game, but went the required five innings. It's in the books!! Braves 4-zip over @$$h@t Buck Showalter and his Mets!!! Sorry, just can't stand Buck, he's much too arrogant IMHO.

Anyway Max Fried didn't let the rain get to him, and the Atlanta ace pitched beautifully!!! Matt Olson followed up an Acuna run- scoring single in the 5th, with a three run mammoth homer to right- center!

Play this afternoon at 4:10, and this is important: As @smashmouth5 noted earlier this week, this is a four game series. So worse case scenario, is we drop three straight. If so, we would still leave NY tied for the NL EAST lead.

I will settle for just one more W this series, and leave town with a two game lead. After last nite Braves hold down NL EAST by three games! OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
Braves @ Mets, rained out today- will be made up as part of DOUBLEHEADER in August.

Braves still have games scheduled at Mets tomorrow and Monday. OFC

Braves vs Mets washed out by rain yet again today, The teams will play a doubleheader Monday.

Meanwhile the NL EAST has truly tightened up! Marlins have joined Mets at three games behind the first place Braves. The Phillies are only three and half back.

OFC

Braves @ Mets scheduled starting times for the double dip today: 1:10 and 4:40. I will settle for a split. That would take the series, 2-1.

OFC

bottom 7th 9-5 Braves
Boog, we barely held on!!! Braves escaped and took Game 1 of the doubleheader, 9-8 over the Mets.Minter tried to blow it in the 9th as our closer, giving up a solo dinger. Next batter slapped a liner to right, luckily right at Acuna!!

Not as fortunate 2nd game. Mets took the finale, 5-3. Good news is Braves took 2 out of 3 in New York, and maintain a three game lead. Doesn't get any easier, headed to the hot Marlins and four games there.

OFC

Last edited:
Boog, we barely held on!!! Braves escaped and took Game 1 of the doubleheader, 9-8 over the Mets.Minter tried to blow it in the 9th as our closer, giving up a solo dinger. Next batter slapped a liner to right, luckily right at Acuna!!

Not as fortunate 2nd game. Mets took the finale, 5-3. Good news is Braves took 2 out of 3 in New York, and maintain a three game lead. Doesn't get any easier, headed to the hot Marlins and four games there.

OFC
yeah almost let it slip....good to come out with the series win,...hopefully we play the Marlins like we did last series winning 3 of 4...

yeah almost let it slip....good to come out with the series win,...hopefully we play the Marlins like we did last series winning 3 of 4...
Boog I hope so. Unfortunately our best player is out with an injury, and listed day-to-day. The Mets won the final game of the series yesterday, eliminating our star in his AB to open the 1st inning:

#StraightOuttaDirtyShowalter

OFC

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Acuna back in the lineup and leading off today!
Fantastic news, and began game with ground rule double. Couldn't get him in, but Bryce Elder pitched 7 innings of shutout ball. The bullpen was solid, and the Braves only needed a solo blast from Ozzie Albies. Nonetheless we added five more for a nice cushion, and Atlanta rolled 6-0 over the Marlins!!!

OFC

Stop the presses!!!! It's just the 4th inning in Miami, and the Braves lead the Marlins 8-4. That's not the real news. Hope you are sitting down: Marcel Ozuna is 2-2 with 2 HR's (one a GRAND SALAMI!!) in back to back innings, and five RBI's. If he gets going, look out!!

Meanwhile, the Marlins were down 6-0, so the game is far from over. Kyle Wright (Braves starter) left game in 3rd with injury. No word yet on severity.

OFC

Now, Michael Harris goes out. Can we please stop with the injuries?
bleed that's the truth. Harris gets held out for precautionary reasons today I assume, but hopefully ready this weekend.

Starting pitcher Kyle Wright is the bigger worry. He's going on IL with shoulder soreness, and could be a season long concern. He had a cortisone shot for the pain in January.

Anyway we cruised last nite 14-8, and go for SWEEP of the Marlins today!!! OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT