ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Beating that ass!!!!!!
Big reset....lol
Great outing by Charlie! Danny Young finishing it out. Got the bullpen some needed rest. That’s the biggest part of tonight’s game in my opinion. Much needed for everybody, fans included!
Agree with all!!! What a FUN and STRESS FREE GAME. Ozuna hit the final dinger on the nite to give us FIVE!!! 12-0 FINAL, only thing we missed were the extra point kicks. 🤣🤣🤣 OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
It's certainly been fun following this kid, and I will go ahead and make a prediction: Smith-Shawver will be in Atlanta next month!! He will have to be, with two starters down, and depth a concern.

Rookie Jared Shuster started last nite, and pitched OK until the Rangers touched him for three runs in the 4th. We rallied somewhat, but Texas got to our bullpen and won 7-4. That's five losses in our last six games. Fortunately we still hold a five game lead. Series finale tonite!

OFC

Good game tonight. Ar-See-Ya later with the go ahead homer in the 9th. That’s a good hard fought series win.
I love that nickname for Arcia, 937. He's playing well! Glad Snit shook up batting order a little too, moving up Albies and Rosario!!!

OFC

Braves come back late and win 6-2 over Mariners to take their 3rd W In last four. Extend lead in East to five and a half games.

Bryce Elder kept the Bravos in it with six strong innings. Atlanta scored two in the 7th to take a 3-2 lead, and added three more in the 8th for insurance. Marcell Ozuna (yes OZUNA!!!), was the hitting star on the nite with two hits and three RBI's. Chop On!! OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
Another freakin' bullpen game last nite!!! Also a tactical error by Snit early on by taking Jesse Chavez out too early. Bottom line we blew an early 2-0 lead and lost to Seattle 7-3.Braves and M's vie to win series finale today, after splitting so far.

Also the bullpen games HAVE TO GO!!! Our bullpen is only average, we tend to lose these games, AND we're wearing out relievers. Surely we can find another starting arm during the extended stay of Fried and Wright on IL. Rant over....

OFC

Braves bounced back to take down Seattle 3-2, and win two of three in the series. Jared Shuster gave up only one run (solo dinger) over six innings to get the W. Hopefully he can move into the rotation, and we can eliminate some bullpen games.

Travis d'Arnaud provided the decisive blow for the good guys Sunday with a home run. Freddie and the mighty Dodgers visit Atlanta tonite!! OFC

Atlanta Braves Sport GIF by MLB

Unlike some others, I have absolutely no complaints about there being a Braves thread on the Board. You are all passionate fans and courteous and thoughtful. Until now, perhaps........... because I have to admit I've been a Dodger fan since a young age, when my Dad took me to my first MLB game at Ebbett's field. Later, becoming a pitcher, I couldn't get enough of Koufax, Drysdale, Podres, etc. So, please pardon me for rooting for LA tonight. To ensure your invective isn't too harsh, please know that I absolutely hate the F'ing Mets.
Humbly yours,
OFC

Unlike some others, I have absolutely no complaints about there being a Braves thread on the Board. You are all passionate fans and courteous and thoughtful. Until now, perhaps........... because I have to admit I've been a Dodger fan since a young age, when my Dad took me to my first MLB game at Ebbett's field. Later, becoming a pitcher, I couldn't get enough of Koufax, Drysdale, Podres, etc. So, please pardon me for rooting for LA tonight. To ensure your invective isn't too harsh, please know that I absolutely hate the F'ing Mets.
Humbly yours,
OFC
Well, Will Campbell you have a heckuva good team. I must say I DO NOT CARE FOR THE DODGERS, but I RESPECT THE HELL OUT OF 'EM!!!

That being said, our Braves (and we appreciate the kind words regarding our fandom), are not at the Dodgers level right now. Later on in the year when we get some injured players back, perhaps. However last nite LA showed the Braves why they're the better team. Wiping out an early Braves 4-0 lead was child's play for the Dodgers, as they stormed back to win 8-6.

To add insult to injury, good ol' ex Brave Freddie Freeman had multiple hits including a homer.The HR was the decisive blow as it gave LA a lead it never lost. Braves starter Charlie Morton had no problem blowing a 4-zip lead, and our "Charlie Brown" bullpen only made matters worse. Give it up for Will's team gang. OFC

Well, Will Campbell you have a heckuva good team. I must say I DO NOT CARE FOR THE DODGERS, but I RESPECT THE HELL OUT OF 'EM!!!

That being said, our Braves (and we appreciate the kind words regarding our fandom), are not at the Dodgers level right now. Later on in the year when we get some injured players back, perhaps. However last nite LA showed the Braves why they're the better team. Wiping out an early Braves 4-0 lead was child's play for the Dodgers, as they stormed back to win 8-6.

To add insult to injury, good ol' ex Brave Freddie Freeman had multiple hits including a homer.The HR was the decisive blow as it gave LA a lead it never lost. Braves starter Charlie Morton had no problem blowing a 4-zip lead, and our "Charlie Brown" bullpen only made matters worse. Give it up for Will's team gang. OFC
Thanks to you guys, the Braves are now my second favorite team, and it helps that they are in the same division as the Schmets. It also helps that I live half the year in Georgia, although those of us out in the swamp don't think of Atlanta as being part of Georgia. I remember when the Dodgers were in the same division as the Braves (or at least I think I do), and that was tough on the Bums.
Some writer referred to last night's game as a battle of "two depleted pitching staffs", and it showed. Here's to getting healthy.
OFC
PS: Thanks for giving us Freeman.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Thanks to you guys, the Braves are now my second favorite team, and it helps that they are in the same division as the Schmets. It also helps that I live half the year in Georgia, although those of us out in the swamp don't think of Atlanta as being part of Georgia. I remember when the Dodgers were in the same division as the Braves (or at least I think I do), and that was tough on the Bums.
Some writer referred to last night's game as a battle of "two depleted pitching staffs", and it showed. Here's to getting healthy.
OFC
PS: Thanks for giving us Freeman.
We did give you Freeman, and our front office really blew that one. Glad to be your 2nd fave team Will, and hope to meet you in the NLCS! OFC

To be fair, they didn’t give them FF. He’s making less money then the Braves offered after those California taxes to be a Dodger. I think that’s where his wife wanted to be.

But if Olson is the consolation prize at a cheaper rate. I’ll take it. Also, if they spent more money on FF, would they have been able to extend Strider (gonna be the best pitcher in baseball for a few years) already? Murphy (best catcher in baseball right now)? Harris? Arcia? Riley extension? How many of those things don’t happen if Freddie gets the money he asked the Braves for?

Good luck in LA Freddie, you’re a beast. But I won’t miss him one bit.

To be fair, they didn’t give them FF. He’s making less money then the Braves offered after those California taxes to be a Dodger. I think that’s where his wife wanted to be.

But if Olson is the consolation prize at a cheaper rate. I’ll take it. Also, if they spent more money on FF, would they have been able to extend Strider (gonna be the best pitcher in baseball for a few years) already? Murphy (best catcher in baseball right now)? Harris? Arcia? Riley extension? How many of those things don’t happen if Freddie gets the money he asked the Braves for?

Good luck in LA Freddie, you’re a beast. But I won’t miss him one bit.
Freddie's agent was not exactly cordial. I think Freddie was played a bit, but I do think his wife really wanted to be in LA.

OFC

Reactions: Duke937
Dodgers blistered us 8-1. They jumped out to an early 4-1 lead, and said bye-bye. We have to play 'em one more today, and thankfully they leave town.

Braves starter Spencer Strider again had double digit strikeouts, but I am sure would have traded 'em for a W. Me too.

Good news is we kept our 4.5 game lead, because everyone else lost in the NL LEAST (pun intended). OFC

"Braves Win, Braves Win, Braves Win!!!" We finally beat the Evil LA Empire and sent 'em packing!! Ozzie Albies nailed a 9th inning deep ball to left center, and the sac fly sent Austin Riley home with the winning run. Good guys win 4-3!
#ChopOn OFC

Back and forth game last nite with as we opened weekend series with Phillies. Travis d'Arnaud delivered the decisive blow with an RBI single. Braves went on to win 8-5. Sweet!! LOVE beating Bryce Harper!!!

OFC

Meh. 6-4 loss to Phillies last nite in a game filled with missed scoring opportunities, poor bullpen pitching, etc. Mets won so lead back to 4.5 games. Charlie Morton gets the ball today in game 3 of a 4 game set. OFC

Braves drop a one run game to the Phillies. Our bats took day off. To add insult,ex-Braves closer Craig Kimbrel gets save for 2nd straight day. OFC

Last edited:
  • Sad
Well about time!!! Braves offense erupted tonite on ESPN, and POUNDED the Phillies 11-4!!! Plenty of runs for Braves pitcher Spencer Strider to notch another win. Headed west young man, to play Oakland. 4.5 game lead over Marlins!

OFC

Stunk up the joint tonight and lost 7-2 to the hapless A's (11-45), in Oakland. I don't make excuses, but we were tired after the cross country trip from Atlanta and the big win Sunday nite over Philly on ESPN. Hopped a plane after midnight and got our butts kicked.

However give Oakland credit. They had lost 11 in a row and beat The Mighty Braves. Hats off to 'em. Hey at least Mike Soroka is finally back, pitching six innings! OFC

Not a terrible start but not great either . Can’t miss with your change up and leave it up on the zone. Had it been a better team it would have been uglier. I agree hart. We gotta be tired . Tired and beat up .

Not a terrible start but not great either . Can’t miss with your change up and leave it up on the zone. Had it been a better team it would have been uglier. I agree hart. We gotta be tired . Tired and beat up .
Good to have you back Ipster!! Yeah let's hope last nite was just an outlier against an awful team. Should be much more rested up tonite. OFC

Reactions: IFaZe
Good to have you back Ipster!! Yeah let's hope last nite was just an outlier against an awful team. Should be much more rested up tonite. OFC
BTW, Braves lead trimmed to only four games last nite over the 2nd place, NL EAST Marlins. The Fish were off, but gained a game with the Atlanta loss.

OFC

Pitiful, pitiful....Two losses in a row to the LOWLY A's??? Yes its fact. Braves waste a great pitching performance by Brice Elder and fall 2-1. Finale today @ 3:37 EST. Yes, we're fighting to avoid an Oakland sweep. Embarrassing . OFC

Braves broke the two game slide against baseball's worse team yesterday. Hopefully the 4-2 win over Oakland gets us rolling again. Albies went yard, and Jared Shuster pitched well in getting the win. It was enough to REMAIN four games up in the NL EAST.

Off today, but stay out west. Begin a weekend series tomorrow at Arizona. OFC

3-2 loss to the Diamondbacks as the Braves bats remain on hiatus. Only two runs came on solo dingers by Eddie Rosario. Starter Charlie Morton's strong pitching outing was wasted. Meanwhile, Marlins and Mets are only 3.5 games back. OFC

Ah the Braves win. A 5-2 win @ Arizona over a solid D-Backs club!! Still hold 3.5 games lead over 2nd place Marlins. Ronald Acuna was Ronald Acuna with a HR, Double, stolen base, and two runs scored. Spencer Strider more than did his usual stellar job!!!

#GoBraves
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT