ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

That was a big last minute…if we went in down 11 I don’t think Duke can win with UVA style.

Huh ?so a kid that stayed four years barely got any burn but stayed committed in this day and age won’t be missed ? Wow.
What else was he going to do? He’d have been fortunate to get 5 more minutes a game at a mid major. One can’t help but think that if he had shot 500+ 3s a day every off season he’d be better.

Time to see what this team is made of.

@sheyduke im good with Bates shooting tonight - the offensive rhythm is pretty stagnant.....

Who was it that said Jones should never shoot?
I said last game he shouldn’t. They were moving the ball so well and he had piss poor selection lol

I do love the dramatic use of “never” here though😂

What else was he going to do? He’d have been fortunate to get 5 more minutes a game at a mid major. One can’t help but think that if he had shot 500+ 3s a day every off season he’d be better.
Same thing was said about Goldwire now he’s the starting pg for Oklahoma and doing well.

I said last game he shouldn’t. They were moving the ball so well and he had piss poor selection lol
No you said he wasn’t a shooter but AJ is who is by the way 0-4,0-2. Doesn’t mean he’s not a shooter either just means it’s not his night .

No you said he wasn’t a shooter but AJ is who is by the way 0-4,0-2. Doesn’t mean he’s not a shooter either just means it’s not his night .
Coming into this game how many power 5 players were over 50%? Was bates one? Yea AJ is a shooter. Challenge is I don’t think he hit the minimums - they spoke on it last game.

can’t believe guys like JJ never had a rough half 😂

AJ left 2 points with a dunk
Theo left 2 points by not blocking out from a free throw
Paolo missed a couple of from 2 feet away.

Need to get it together second half and play smarter.i don't like the zone against UVA. Hopefully we go back to man

I really like Bates Jones. He's smart, won't hurt you, and gives his all. Plus he can shoot.

Reactions: sheyduke
And on pace for double digit turnovers and given up offensive rebounds. Nothing coming easy tonight. Time to dig deep and see what we are made of in the second half. We look timid and tired. Lots of time left though and I like that we cut it to 5 at half. Let's bring it on home.

Coming into this game how many power 5 players were over 50%? Was bates one? Yea AJ is a shooter.

can’t believe guys like JJ never had a rough half 😂
Not one team in America game planned for AJ . I mentioned it would come to a point when they did and Virginia has. This isn’t the first game his shot has disappeared in. Do you seriously watch basketball? Our highlights of players ?

Not one team in America game planned for AJ . I mentioned it would come to a point when they did and Virginia has. This isn’t the first game his shot has disappeared in. Do you seriously watch basketball? Our highlights of players ?
So teams planned for Bates? Interesting indeed....

yes I watch and often - Bates isn’t elite, hell he’s average IMO. You’re working on an incredible small sample size halfway through ACC play and anointing him great or maybe even elite.

I see Roach, Moore and Keels are setting the world on fire with 6 points between them. That needs to improve down the line.

Reactions: sheyduke
You have to give Bennett credit. The man doesn’t get the top shelf guys, and they’ve taken their lumps this season, but they improve as the season goes. They aren’t a contender, but they do get better.

Lot of game left. We gonna have to play smarter this half. Banchero is doing what he does, which is be very erratic. I don’t get him.
And someone needs to go get Griffin. Think he’s still in Chapel Hill.

You have to have a legit point to win anything 😂
I just had a legit point after hitting his second three Virginia played him tighter! Just like they’ve been in front of AJ all night.

I don’t mind Baker he has his specialty in shooting. He can get hot…two things with him is he should never dribble…ever and when he’s pressuring out 30 feet you know he’s going to get taken and our defense is getting broke down.

I just had a legit point after hitting his second three Virginia played him tighter! Just like they’ve been in front of
I just had a legit point after hitting his second three Virginia played him tighter! Just like they’ve been in front of AJ all night.
Clarify your first sentence: AJ or Bates....I’ve seen Bates hit 2, pretty open from what I’m seeing....

This is a good test for us, coming from behind. If we're gonna win the ACC these are the games we need to win. Not sure Virginia can contain us all game.

Maybe having to go small will give us some energy …it’s not like we are stopping them from scoring in the paint anyways.

This is the tale of Dukes two teams. We can not stop anyone from getting in the lane .

Come on guys. Go after Clark on offense!!!! We can't keep their guys from the lane and boards once we get in striking distance

Just like that it’s back to five and possibly 7 or 8

We have to get 2-3 stops in a row and can’t keep them from penetrating. These paint points is sickening it’s up to 40+ now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT