ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTH CAROLINA NCAA 2ND RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how to look at this. I don't THINK we will get that many horrible calls in the second half. If Luke doesn't wake up, we are gonna go home fellas.

Sit Luke, go big with Amile, Giles, and Jayson. SC pounding the offensive glass, and Harry can offset some of that.

First 4 minutes are huge for us. Have to come out and show the killer instinct we haven't seen much this year. Put this team away early. They can't possibly shoot that bad again, we need to come out like we're down 7 not up

SC isn't going to shoot 20% the rest of the way. We have to cut down on these turnovers, and stop their offensive rebounding. Need some transition baskets also. Plus, and don't ask me how, we've got to cut down on the fouls. Lucky to be up 7 after falling apart the last 7-10 minutes.

OFC

It was an ugly half of basketball on both ends. Refs destroying any rhythm. I'll just take being up.

We need to adjust to this ruff play, and figure and new plain of attack for their zone in the second half. And man cut down on the turnovers!!!

OFC

Reactions: Dukesince90
My take away from that half, is that it was unattractive, and I hope we have more points at the end of the game.

Why the hell Matts running the point is beyond me as well...just wierd gameplan ..not all the time but yea..handling to much imo

Luke needs to play, he's been our offensive leader all year and he's shown a ton of stones in second halves recently. Go with our starting lineup or hold our Frank for G if we are worried about 3 fouls

Allen Jefferson have 1 foul each and Giles has 0, Tatum and Kennard have 2 and Kennard was 0-1 and we up 7. K makes some adjustments at half and I think we will be ok

I'm hoping we come out more focused after the initial shock of the physicality of the game.

You forced a 33% three point shooting team to take 17 attempts in the first half. That's GREAT defense. Just have to learn how to box out. They probably won't though lol. Either way, the 3-2 zone shut them down. If Duke had rebounded the ball, they'd be up 15 pts.

I'm a panicker and I'm not panicking. Duke played horrible, Kennard is invisible, and it's hard to count on Matt to make another two threes.

I think Duke will play a bit better in the second half. I'm thinking we win by 5-7 pts.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Same people that get mad when others say we're out of a game at half time are the ones saying we might be done now. This team ain't out of nothing's surely well at least get shots off in the second half.

Duke became tentative. Have to be aggressive against that Gamecock defense. I think we'll settle down in the 2nd half. Luke may be sick, but he needs to show up for in the 2nd half.

OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Relax guys. We played about as bad as we could and we're up 7. SC probably won't shoot that bad again but we make adjustments at half and we'll be fine.

It seemed Kennard passed up a bunch of shots he would normally take. Not sure what's up.

Our guys are nervous & need to settle in. Luke at high post if it's zone. Reminds me of Utah in 2015.

Bet the 9p tip affected both teams as they sat around all day thinking of game.

Reactions: dbav
We're gonna win this thing by double digits. USC's philosophy is keep fouling, sooner or later the refs won't call them all. I've seen this strategy many times with low offensively skilled players.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
SC isn't going to shoot 20% the rest of the way. We have to cut down on these turnovers, and stop their offensive rebounding. Need some transition baskets also. Plus, and don't ask me how, we've got to cut down on the fouls. Lucky to be up 7 after falling apart the last 7-10 minutes.

OFC
Conversely I highly doubt we only take 17 shots the 2nd half like we did the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT