ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Amazing game. My Carolina buddies are devastated. Two buzzer beaters , win # 20, same day as The Rivers Shot, Carey and Stanley on the bench, Tre Jones etching his name for eternity, and an unlikely Wendell Moore splashing the biggest play in his life. I am in heaven this morning, GO DUKE !

I just never count Duke out in these rivalry games because I've seen them come back so many times when unc is up big (at least double digits in the 2nd half) some examples are:

Duke vs UNC in 2011
Duke @ UNC in 2012 (Austin Rivers game winner)
Duke vs UNC in 2015
Duke @ UNC in 2016
Duke vs UNC in 2017 (ACC Tournament Semi-Finals)
Duke vs UNC in 2018
And now add
Duke @ UNC in 2020

I just rewatched the game. I’ve always been a big Bilas fan, think he’s the best college basketball has to offer and it’s not close.

But mannnnn, he whined about the refs during the whole Duke comeback, it was miserable to listen to.
We get it, the refs were terrible, however the refs were terrible for BOTH teams, thought we still got hosed more than UNC.

Bilas shouldn’t do anymore Duke/unc games. He tries too hard for the hole fans to not accuse him of being a homer that he over does it. The Cassius layup late in the game sealed the deal for me. Bilas said great defense and block by Brooks. Problem Jay is Brooks didn’t touch the ball, unless his entire arm is part of the ball.

Let the man do other games, he’s sharp as a tack. But he screws the pooch trying to be partial in this rivalry.

Bilas shouldn’t do anymore Duke/unc games. He tries too hard for the hole fans to not accuse him of being a homer that he over does it. The Cassius layup late in the game sealed the deal for me. Bilas said great defense and block by Brooks. Problem Jay is Brooks didn’t touch the ball, unless his entire arm is part of the ball.

Let the man do other games, he’s sharp as a tack. But he screws the pooch trying to be partial in this rivalry.

I’ve always wondered why they never allow Dickie V to call anymore Duke vs Unc games. He is very passionate about the game.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
So many people don’t like him and I get why, but I do like him.
Did something happen that they pulled him from those games awhile back?

Either or..I think he’s 80 now? I hope they let him finish with one or two of these in the future, seems the right thing to do given all he’s contributed in his career. Regardless if one likes him or not..it’s just the right thing.

Reactions: dukesince91
He also had a "shut up, you're wrong, I know more than you" attitude towards Schulman at times. One I remember was when Dan said the Duke bench wanted a double dribble. Jay said, no they wanted blah blah blah. Well, it was a definite missed double dribble Jay!

Reactions: jwill133
He also had a "shut up, you're wrong, I know more than you" attitude towards Schulman at times. One I remember was when Dan said the Duke bench wanted a double dribble. Jay said, no they wanted blah blah blah. Well, it was a definite missed double dribble Jay!
The bench wanted the mugging of Joey Baker on the screen at the baseline. They then missed a double dribble 2 seconds after that so they were both right :)

I just rewatched the game. I’ve always been a big Bilas fan, think he’s the best college basketball has to offer and it’s not close."]

But mannnnn, he whined about the refs during the whole Duke comeback, it was miserable to listen to.
We get it, the refs were terrible, however the refs were terrible for BOTH teams, thought we still got hosed more than UNC.

Unfortunately, Bilas spoonfed all Cheater U fans and Duke haters thier talking points last night and this morning. Some Cheat fans still think Tre double-dribbled even after Bilas corrected that comment.

Hes just very smug and commentates the refs more than the players..and its EVERY game. No other game I watch outside of a bilas game has that. And like someone mentioned, everything gets echoed by opposing fans that cant think for themselves

Hes just very smug and commentates the refs more than the players..and its EVERY game. No other game I watch outside of a bilas game has that. And like someone mentioned, everything gets echoed by opposing fans that cant think for themselves

Bilas is consistent though....he referees any game he does color on not just our games!
He was particularly annoying last night with his "nonpartisan" demeanor.

Hes consistant, sure, but every game he calls, "that's a foul" when no whistle is blown. Or "that's not a foul" when one is. Its annoying and takes away from the game.

A guy called Red State. He told OAD he was a butthole and not Finny about the Bagley bionic eye post!!
Oh. I remember that. That was a while ago. F that guy. I thought somebody did it last night [slowly puts all guns back in the safe and cancels the manhunt hoping no one noticed anything].

Reactions: DukefanKY
Did something happen that they pulled him from those games awhile back?

Either or..I think he’s 80 now? I hope they let him finish with one or two of these in the future, seems the right thing to do given all he’s contributed in his career. Regardless if one likes him or not..it’s just the right thing.

I have no idea

I am an unpaid actor in a local community theater, and we had a show last night. As the game was finishing, I hope no neighbors were looking in my windows; they'd have seen a 63 year old naked man trying to brush his teeth and get dressed in his costume while screaming at the TV and scaring the living shit out of his dog.
My fellow thespians were pissed that I was late to the theater. I didn't dare tell them why because none of them knows a damn thing about basketball.
The good news, however, is I had absolutely NO nerves for the performance. I had destroyed all of them during the last 7 minutes of the game.
OFC

We just watched the last 5’ of regulation and the O.T. again......still can’t get over it!! WOW!

We just watched the last 5’ of regulation and the O.T. again......still can’t get over it!! WOW!
I think I’ve watched it at least five times now. I notice something different each time I watch. Carrawells reaction was priceless.

Another Bilas rant..when he kept saying how the dumbest rule in the world is the other coach picking the foul shooter.
While on the surface it does seem pretty ridiculous, if I'm a coach and my big man is getting fouled but shoots 20% from the stripe, what's to stop me from telling him to act hurt so I can put my best shooter up in end game situations??
Bilas is smarter than that and beat that one dead while sounding like a chapel hill bafoon

What about the play at the end of regulation when we got the steal and goldy dished to cassius.......AND leaky black catapulted himself over cassius with his left hand firmly in Cassius back/neck displacing him and allowing Brooks to get in better position for his block .....guess who was standing right there....Valentine....

Reactions: Quavarius
I just rewatched the game. I’ve always been a big Bilas fan, think he’s the best college basketball has to offer and it’s not close.

The thing that drove me the most crazy about. Bilas last night was when the refs called a charge on UNC and he had a fit and said that he wishes refs would stop calling charges but then on Duke’s next possession that called a charge on Duke and he didn’t say a word about them calling a charge.

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT