ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I don't think all of this is exactly correct. You are right, a coach needs to have a timeout to challenge, and since K had one, he could challenge the call. BUT, officials can decide to review the play, regardless of whether or not a coach challenges the call. It's likely the call would have been overturned (due to the officials deciding to review the play) whether K had a timeout or not.
But to your point, yes, K is the GOAT.

My bad, you are right. However, I have never heard of a ref reviewing it on their own...

If by on their own you mean, they see the coach is pissed and glance up at the replay on the big board, then decide to review, then I’ve seen that a few times.

But then I am in the land of Division III where they do not review anything and do not listen to the coach. My first year at the institution I am currently at, we made a three so deep, I did not even wait for the officials signal. All of a sudden, I am a point high. I ask the official book and found out they ruled it a three. It was so deep, I would be embarrassed if I called it a two and then went to replay. Refs refused to review it.

My bad, you are right. However, I have never heard of a ref reviewing it on their own...
I think they review it on their own quite often. There is no one in the building more interested in the call being *correct* than the officials.

I wonder if we should start games pressing. If we can disrupt teams early on, get out to a decent lead, then go back to our man to man once we have a comfortable lead. I know the press can be wearing, but still just kind of food for thought thing.

Reactions: QC Dukie
I hope you guys don't mind being corrected, but I noticed several inaccurate statements from last night's game.

Sit these starters. They don't deserve to play right now

Wrong
Ball game.

Wrong
Yep. They are toast

Wrong
The game is definitely over, it’s just a matter of how bad it gets at this point. We can’t make anything.

Wrong
Will be lucky to score 50. Our guys should be embarrassed. Have some damn pride.

Wrong
I’m not sure they’ll score 10 more pts the entire game.

Wrong.
My bet is Louisville by 30+....

Wrong
Most embarrassing game I have seen Duke play in a long time. Pathetic

Wrong
Not happening tonight.

Wrong
16% 3 point shooting, 28% FG. 11 TO to 6 assists. This is just embarrassing, they should be ashamed. They were done in the first half. This team never left Charlottesville.

Wrong
Goldwire should not play another meaningful minute this season. He’s awful.

Wrong
If they think they are a shoe in as a contender, they should reevaluate.

Wrong
Guys, can we be honest? Do we really think this team can win a title win their shooting? Yes I know they can get hot for a game, but this could be the worst shooting Duke team in well over a decade, right?

Wrong

I don't generally post on gamedays (and some of these guys should avoid it as well).
Credit to several who kept the faith, particularly @pisgah101 - he was calling the comeback about the time I was turning the game off.
Absolutely. I noticed when we cut it to 14 and UL called a timeout, Baker looked at the starters and said "we're doing this"(or something to that effect). Good to see that young man so engaged on the sideline as a redshirt . Nobody on that bench gave up either.

I hope you guys don't mind being corrected, but I noticed several inaccurate statements from last night's game.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong
DANG, shots fired. Although I don't blame anyone for saying that we were going to lose or not score very many points. Any rational person would have thought that. The only terrible comment was the one about Goldwire not being allowed to play ever again. That looks bad today.

Absolutely. I noticed when we cut it to 14 and UL called a timeout, Baker looked at the starters and said "we're doing this"(or something to that effect). Good to see that young man so engaged on the sideline as a redshirt . Nobody on that bench gave up either.
Baker has great body language. Very invested in this team and program. Will be great for us next year.

I don't generally post on gamedays (and some of these guys should avoid it as well).
Credit to several who kept the faith, particularly @pisgah101 - he was calling the comeback about the time I was turning the game off.

Haha thanks I just knew if that switch came on we could do it. This team has just had it

Have any of you been over to the Louisville board? Just like it is here in person, the difference in their fans vs the team that got punked by LSU at corrupt Arena last night is night and day. Completely different class of fans

I think assuming you are going to lose when you are down 23 with 9' to go is completely understandable. I hate seeing anyone trash our players, but thinking that game was over when they hit the 3 to go up by 23 is not crazy

It was an amazing atmosphere last night. My buddy and I sat 20 rows from the court center court. There were some Duke fans sitting around us. A lot of them had thrown in the towel with only 10 minutes left in the game. I told them all to relax and we still had Coach K on the sideline and Duke was fine. Watching that comeback live in person was phenomenal, we were all going crazy with every steal and basket The Blue Devils made. I lost my voice towards the end of the night. Louisville fans were good sports though and did not talk trash. How are you feeling today @jwill133 ?

I didn’t think we were gonna come back either, but I will NEVER say this player is awful and should never play a meaningful minute again. That’s just bad there. Embarrassing
Main reason I don't post on the premium board anymore. Too many Internet fights. Some of those guys are way out of control.

DANG, shots fired. Although I don't blame anyone for saying that we were going to lose or not score very many points. Any rational person would have thought that. The only terrible comment was the one about Goldwire not being allowed to play ever again. That looks bad today.

Never been more happy to be wrong!

So for the record, I was more having fun with this. It's easy to overreact when you're filled with negative emotions. Wasn't trying to be douchey, even though it may have come off like that. Just about everyone in the country plays like crap at times, especially on the road. Michigan, for example, had two 20+ point losses last year. Sometimes teams are just off.

Glad we were able to correct our mistakes, but I think it's kind of amusing to see how easily we can lose hope. All is not lost. We are the best team in the country, IMO. We very well might lose another game or two, but I like our chances going forward.

Does anyone know how many possessions each team had in the last 9 minutes? It must have been an insane number well above average for 45 points to be scored overall.

So for the record, I was more having fun with this. It's easy to overreact when you're filled with negative emotions. Wasn't trying to be douchey, even though it may have come off like that. Just about everyone in the country plays like crap at times, especially on the road. Michigan, for example, had two 20+ point losses last year. Sometimes teams are just off.

Glad we were able to correct our mistakes, but I think it's kind of amusing to see how easily we can lose hope. All is not lost. We are the best team in the country, IMO. We very well might lose another game or two, but I like our chances going forward.

Lose all hope? Down 23 with 10 min left? Some nights teams just don’t have it. It happens.

I find it somewhat humorous that you’re calling some out for supposed dramatic responses yet your post here oozes it too. That said, most of those who folded in last night never said a peep about caving long term. I personally posed a question to get others thoughts on the weak shooting, but doesn’t mean I won’t pull for this team to win 6 straight to finish the season.

LGD! Bring on the Wolfies.

Reactions: PixelDevil
Also, how about the FT shooting? We got clutch FTS from everyone that went to the line. Cam had the game winning ones, and Zion and RJ drilled their and-1s.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Ouch:)

Tho to be fair, they had a 99.9% of being right...

;)

Reactions: dukedevilz
And how long were they and how much of that time was I watching the game or on a plane? Please clarify....

But hey, “you’re not being douchey”, right?

Yep. Definitely a form of douche-like behavior since you've engaged me. Just for kicks and giggles at this point.

In another direction, circle or not, that is ABSOLUTELY not a charge. Reddish took to the air (on a hop step, mind you) before any semblance of a legal guarding position (if he got that far)

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Yep. Definitely a form of douche-like behavior since you've engaged me. Just for kicks and giggles at this point.
Coming from the guy/gal who stated they need “to step outside” when watching a game with other fans for fear of doing something bad.....it all makes sense :D

Ps try having a little more originality next time. This is supposed to funny after all!

Reactions: PixelDevil
Coming from the guy/gal who stated they need “to step outside” when watching a game with other fans for fear of doing something bad.....it all makes sense :D

Ps try having a little more originality next time. This is supposed to funny after all!

Misquoted out of context, but okay. First, I don't like watching Duke games with fans of any school because I like to watch the details of the game (defending away from the ball, boxing out, hedges, backcuts, hustle plays, etc). That's also why you rarely see me on message boards during a game (seriously try quoting something I said during the middle of a Duke game - you might have to go back a year or two). I can't capture all of the tiny details if I'm getting semi-distracted from a side conversation.

So yes, I might be a little agitated if an invited guest was intentionally rooting for the other team, just to get under my skin. But not because I was losing hope or saying something wildly insightful like, "Do you think a poor shooting team like our own, who has beaten 7 teams in the top 16, could legitimately be a national title contender?"

Misquoted out of context, but okay. First, I don't like watching Duke games with fans of any school because I like to watch the details of the game (defending away from the ball, boxing out, hedges, backcuts, hustle plays, etc). That's also why you rarely see me on message boards during a game (seriously try quoting something I said during the middle of a Duke game - you might have to go back a year or two). I can't capture all of the tiny details if I'm getting semi-distracted from a side conversation.

So yes, I might be a little agitated if an invited guest was intentionally rooting for the other team, just to get under my skin. But not because I was losing hope or saying something wildly insightful like, "Do you think a poor shooting team like our own, who has beaten 7 teams in the top 16, could legitimately be a national title contender?"
Again, your excuse here doesn’t offset why it makes sense to me - you get too emotionally invested in it. Many do, but we don’t need a safe space and can enjoy through wins and losses. All good.

And when did I say “national contender”? Hmmmm. Nice try though. You’re a bit late for that desperation attempt.

Again, your excuse here doesn’t offset why it makes sense to me - you get too emotionally invested in it. Many do, but we don’t need a safe space and can enjoy through wins and losses. All good.

And when did I say “national contender”? Hmmmm. Nice try though. You’re a bit late for that desperation attempt.

Not verbatim, but yeah you totally suggested that a poor shooting team might have trouble winning the title.

Guys, can we be honest? Do we really think this team can win a title win their shooting? Yes I know they can get hot for a game, but this could be the worst shooting Duke team in well over a decade, right?

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Not verbatim, but yeah you totally suggested that a poor shooting team might have trouble winning the title.

No kidding? Thank you Captain Obvious, and it’s a pretty known concern. It’s not like saying the Earth is flat. And note I posed a statistical question that I’m curious of. Not sure if they’re THE worst, but are they one of the worst in we’ll over a decade? Fair question indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT