ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Duke has been loaded obviously the past few years. But imagine the past 2 years teams. Down 23 with 10 minutes left.

They’re closing up shop and losing by 30+. This team is so different. It’s unbelievable and refreshing. I have so much hope for the next couple months.

Ehhh.. that's not true. Last year's team was tough as well. As a matter of fact, they were nicknamed "Zombie Duke" because we kept coming back from double digit deficits.

That team might have won it all if not for Kansas refusing to miss shots and Grayson's shot that did everything but go through the nets.

Those of you that know how to post pictures on here. I just saw one of the best memes ever on Facebook. It was a picture of Zion and RJ standing beside each other on the court looking at each other and laughing/smiling and it says “Hey RJ, wasn’t it nice of Louisville to wear black to their own funeral lol”
It’s in Show’s Batman thread.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
smh... like i said we will win this game... some of you get so emotional and start saying foolishness... this is possibly one of the best teams we've ever had... we just weren't playing as hard as them early on... once we picked up the intensity no one can stop us... this team is different

Duke has been loaded obviously the past few years. But imagine the past 2 years teams. Down 23 with 10 minutes left.

They’re closing up shop and losing by 30+. This team is so different. It’s unbelievable and refreshing. I have so much hope for the next couple months.

Let’s not forget last year’s team had several big comebacks earlier in the season. This group is just different and creating their own history!

Reactions: FearTheBeard
So I felt like crap last night and decided to go to bed super early. I checked the score just before hitting the lights. We were down 20. Damn. Well, it happens. They're young It's embarrassing but they'll use this to learn. I wake up at 5 this morning, reach for my phone to see what we lost by in the end, saw the score, and 1) thought Google was lying to me and then 2) laughed for about 5 minutes straight. This team, man. I swear to God lol

Reactions: retiredsoldier
all i can say is HOLY SHYT!! I DVR'D the game and watched it this morning before work,when we got way behind,i thought of turning it off,but decided to keep watching.The way our kids played the last 10 minutes was incredible.Our defense is the best I've seen since I've been watching Duke (mid 80's)Jordan Goldwire was great when he was on the floor.Cam's found his rhythm,RJ wasn't as sharp as usual,but had a couple big buckets in the comeback,and that awesome between the legs assist to Cam.Zion was a beast again...I really cant see us losing again,i know it can happen,but I don't see it

Reactions: DukeDenver
I didnt get any sleep, and I'm still jacked
Lol me either. Watched the second half again at the 13 min mark, kept rewinding plays lol, finally went to bed around 2:30. Back up again watching sports center and about to watch Get Up since they will be talking about the game again lol.

Reactions: bfort2223
Watching the second half again early this morning, Rece Davis is cracking me up talking about how duke is getting their butts whipped and the excitment in his voice as the comeback starts.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Anybody else just love the fact that RJ got in the heads of the Louisville players, coaches, and fans with his "We wear black to funerals comment" so much so that they wore black at home and had their first blackout ever! The amount of space, and fear that this Duke team takes up in opposing teams heads is unbelievable!

Man Hands!
7gsgscj.gif

Reactions: Quavarius
Damn shame we can’t press like that the whole game...NBA 2k fatigue off!

Did anyone notice Chris Mack's post-game comments regarding "We just gotta learn how to close out games when we have teams in panic mode and they are just drawing up defenses in the sand". Disrespectful in my opinion.

Did anyone notice Chris Mack's post-game comments regarding "We just gotta learn how to close out games when we have teams in panic mode and they are just drawing up defenses in the sand". Disrespectful in my opinion.
Maybe he should study some of his own schools history...That 2-2-1 press "drawn up in the sand" was a staple of Louisville in the late 80's ( took out Duke then as well). However he is right, they have to learn, even my MS basketball team knows the basics of breaking down the 2-2-1. If they don't know how, news flash, it's not on the players, it's on the coach.

He drew a line in the sand and the GOAT decided to cross over it, take him to school, and didn't charge him for the lesson. Should of said thank you, or Uncle when the press started.

Bet he won’t try that stall ball bs again……………………(=^ェ^=)

Something missed in all of this:

A coach cannot just ask for a review of the circle. It has to be asked for and it is a challenge: one K could not have done if he did not have a timeout because if you are wrong you lose a timeout. Say whatever you will about K and the talent he has - it is amazing how in a short stretch of road we have the best coach at managing timeout vs one who has no clue.

So, it was not an automatic review, K called for it. And as I am banned from the national board, someone go b**** slap that idiot who says he is not mad they waived off the charge, the changed it to a block. Idiot, a charge call says someone committed a foul. If a ref overturns it and says someone is in the circle, it is an automatic block...

The last 10 minutes last night and the last 10 minutes of 2015 nati just clearly points out what I have said for years. I hate refs as much as the next guy, but, when a team is being an aggressor and the other team is being passive, the calls will go in favor of the aggressor. B****ing about a little shove on a rebound? No one calls that crap.

A coach cannot just ask for a review of the circle.....
I don't think all of this is exactly correct. You are right, a coach needs to have a timeout to challenge, and since K had one, he could challenge the call. BUT, officials can decide to review the play, regardless of whether or not a coach challenges the call. It's likely the call would have been overturned (due to the officials deciding to review the play) whether K had a timeout or not.
But to your point, yes, K is the GOAT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT