ADVERTISEMENT

Duke picked FIRST in ACC Preseason Media Poll

I think it's way too early to say we have the best team. Probably the most talent though. The conference is brutal this year, so I think it's more likely we lose at least 4-6 games.

That doesn't mean the team isn't going to be really good, just that these pups of ours are going to get tested every game. The mere name Duke makes every team we play more focused.
Virginia may be boring, but they'll most likely be in the hunt. Personally, I'll take boring and winning over exciting and losing.

I still think there's at least 7 teams that could easily finish in the top 4.

C'mon Mac come down off that realism bully pulpit you're on daddy! I got us 17-1 and aren't I poopin sunshine on a rainy day!!!?? :confused::confused:

OFC

Last edited:
I think it would be hard for Tre to make the All-Freshmen team, personally. He's likely to have 3 teammates ahead of him. Little will be the #2 guy at UNC (assuming Roy doesn't hold him back), and Jaylen Hoard I think will be the guy-to-go for Wake Forest.. Gary Trent didn't make the All-Freshmen team last year over Lonnie Walker, even though he put up better stats on a better team.

There's other guys that could make the All-Freshmen team, simply because they're going to have a higher usage rate. Guys like Mike Devoe (Georgia Tech), Jairus Hamilton (Boston College), Robby Carmody/Nate Lasewski (Notre Dame) or Xavier Johnson/Trey McGowens (Pittsburgh) will get plenty of touches.
Good answer thanks,if Tre turns out to be like his brother,he'll find his way on to these lists

Most improved player-Deandre Hunter?

He didn’t have to return to Virginia he was a mid first round pick. I’d put him in category for ACC player of the year. He was having an excellent year for Virginia prior to the injury.

Preseason #1 is great but most of the time the polls are wrong. But it will be nice this year to win the regular ACC season, ACC tourney and #6 for Coach K. OFC

Sky if we do you'll hear me CELEBRATING my friend.....OFC

Reactions: ponarkel
I think it's way too early to say we have the best team. Probably the most talent though. The conference is brutal this year, so I think it's more likely we lose at least 4-6 games.

That doesn't mean the team isn't going to be really good, just that these pups of ours are going to get tested every game. The mere name Duke makes every team we play more focused.
Virginia may be boring, but they'll most likely be in the hunt. Personally, I'll take boring and winning over exciting and losing.

I still think there's at least 7 teams that could easily finish in the top 4.

Actually I truly was being sarcastic at 17-1. I think Mac is more on point about 4 to 6 losses. Personally I will take a 14-4 and take my chances on winning the regular season title. What, 6-7 teams in the top 25 and a dangerous team like Kevin Keats improved squad knocking at the door???

I am very excited about this group however. There seems to be a sense of better chemistry, and I like the offense K is planning because it spreads the wealth around. I think the starters will take the mindset of Tre Jones and actually PLAY DEFENSE. Much less of the "Ole' we saw from at least two of our freshman ( 1 star in particular) last season....

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT