ADVERTISEMENT

Duke picked FIRST in ACC Preseason Media Poll

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
https://www.dukechronicle.com/artic...eason-poll-r-j-barrett-gets-first-team-honors

I think we easily got the best team. However, our ACC schedule is brutal (UNC, Syracuse, UVA, and Wake twice).
IMO what always hurts us is our road environments are MUCH tougher than UVA's road environments. Turns out...everyone likes to come watch Duke play, not many people enjoy going and watching boring UVA.

I got us at 16-2 and winning this thing outright.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/artic...eason-poll-r-j-barrett-gets-first-team-honors

I think we easily got the best team. However, our ACC schedule is brutal (UNC, Syracuse, UVA, and Wake twice).
IMO what always hurts us is our road environments are MUCH tougher than UVA's road environments. Turns out...everyone likes to come watch Duke play, not many people enjoy going and watching boring UVA.

I got us at 16-2 and winning this thing outright.
I think it's way too early to say we have the best team. Probably the most talent though. The conference is brutal this year, so I think it's more likely we lose at least 4-6 games.

That doesn't mean the team isn't going to be really good, just that these pups of ours are going to get tested every game. The mere name Duke makes every team we play more focused.
Virginia may be boring, but they'll most likely be in the hunt. Personally, I'll take boring and winning over exciting and losing.

I still think there's at least 7 teams that could easily finish in the top 4.

I think it's way too early to say we have the best team. Probably the most talent though. The conference is brutal this year, so I think it's more likely we lose at least 4-6 games.

That doesn't mean the team isn't going to be really good, just that these pups of ours are going to get tested every game. The mere name Duke makes every team we play more focused.
Virginia may be boring, but they'll most likely be in the hunt. Personally, I'll take boring and winning over exciting and losing.

I still think there's at least 7 teams that could easily finish in the top 4.
I agree, if we go 16-2 color me beyond beyond beyond shocked.

Preseason #1 is great but most of the time the polls are wrong. But it will be nice this year to win the regular ACC season, ACC tourney and #6 for Coach K. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I hope we go 16-2 in the conference, but 4 or 5 losses is probably more likely. Anyway, if we don't have any serious injuries we're going to be very good, and exciting to watch.

OFC

I’m just glad we’re ranked 4 and behind Ugay in the national poll. So happy with that. Should give us some nice motivation, and put a chip on their shoulder in that first game to prove them wrong! Plus I really hate being 1. Especially preseason 1.

I'd like to see us peaking at the right time regardless of how many early season conference losses we get. A top 4 regular season finish would position us best for the ACC tournament so that would help. Otherwise, no one except the Cheaters remembers who were reg. season champs.

I only read it once before I quit trying to figure it out because reading it once made my head hurt enough lol

I think he is a patient somewhere where the doctors think it is good therapy to allow them to post on sports message boards. . Heaven forbid he has a face book account. OFC

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
I just want to beat Kentucky first and progress as a team. To early for any record predictions

Reactions: DukefanKY
My picks

Duke: 14-4
UVA: 13-5
UNC: 13-5
FSU: 12-6
NCSU: 12-6
Syracuse: 11-7
Clemson: 10-8
Va Tech: 10-8
Miami: 9-9
Notre Dame: 8-10
Louisville: 7-11
Boston College: 6-12
Pitt: 4-14
Wake: 3-15
Georgia Tech: 3-15

1st Team:
Kyle Guy, Virginia
Tyus Battle, Syracuse
RJ Barrett, Duke
Zion Williamson, Duke
Luke Maye, North Carolina

2nd Team:
TJ Gibbs, Notre Dame
Ky Bowman, Boston College
Justin Robinson, Virginia Tech
CJ Bryce, NC State
DeAndre Hunter, Virginia

3rd Team:
Marcquise Reed, Clemson
Terrance Mann, Florida State
Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Virginia Tech
Nassir Little, North Carolina
Dewan Hernandez (Huell), Miami

HM:
Cam Reddish, Duke
Ty Jerome, Virginia
Cam Johnson, UNC
Trent Forest, FSU
Torin Dorn, NC State
Markell Johnson, NC State
Oshae Brisset, Syracuse
Elijah Thomas, Clemson
VJ King, Louisville
Jaylen Hoard, Wake Forest

POY/ROY: Cam Reddish, Duke

All-Freshmen Team
Cam Reddish, Duke
RJ Barrett, Duke
Nassir Little, UNC
Jaylen Hoard, Wake Forest
Zion Williamson, Duke

All-Defensive Team:
Ty Jerome, Virginia
Marcquise Reed, Clemson
Oshae Brisset, Syracuse
Zion Williamson, Duke
Elijah Thomas, Clemson

Most Improved Player: DeAndre Hunter, Virginia
6th Man: Chris Clarke, Virginia Tech

Well, this just in from our ups driver (unx fan). Nassir Little is the real deal. He will be acc poy and is currently projected as number one pick in the nba draft. Now I don’t watch nba and I couldn’t care less about any mock draft. So, I’m asking you nba fans. Is that true? Is little the current number one pick over Zion and RJ? Oh he also said that a while back he was hoping for a split with Duke, but now knows that they will sweep us and it won’t be close at the nose dome. I love those guys.

Well, this just in from our ups driver (unx fan). Nassir Little is the real deal. He will be acc poy and is currently projected as number one pick in the nba draft. Now I don’t watch nba and I couldn’t care less about any mock draft. So, I’m asking you nba fans. Is that true? Is little the current number one pick over Zion and RJ? Oh he also said that a while back he was hoping for a split with Duke, but now knows that they will sweep us and it won’t be close at the nose dome. I love those guys.

I hope He's better at delivering mail than he is basketball predictions....

Reactions: QC Dukie

I would risk the majority of my Christmas money for anyone who wants to wager unc sweeps us....

Reactions: QC Dukie
Where's Tre?

I think it would be hard for Tre to make the All-Freshmen team, personally. He's likely to have 3 teammates ahead of him. Little will be the #2 guy at UNC (assuming Roy doesn't hold him back), and Jaylen Hoard I think will be the guy-to-go for Wake Forest.. Gary Trent didn't make the All-Freshmen team last year over Lonnie Walker, even though he put up better stats on a better team.

There's other guys that could make the All-Freshmen team, simply because they're going to have a higher usage rate. Guys like Mike Devoe (Georgia Tech), Jairus Hamilton (Boston College), Robby Carmody/Nate Lasewski (Notre Dame) or Xavier Johnson/Trey McGowens (Pittsburgh) will get plenty of touches.

Boy it would be a game changer if we get Tre back for another year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT