ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

He was awesome yesterday, they need to start putting together some Ws.
Kyrie has been awesome for a while now. Ever since Tommy Heinshon called him out for being a little overweight causing him to be a step slow, he took that to heart and has been killing it since. The Celtics are getting healthy again. Horford missed 7 games and Morris missed time. ( big losses to this team) They had an 8 game winning streak before going 2-2 in a their last 4. They are only 4 games out of the top spot in the east with a long way to go. At almost full strength (Baynes is out for a while) they smashed Charlotte and beat Philly in a tight game. The Celtics should be okay with Hayward getting over the mental hurdle of his injury and /or Jaylen Brown waking up. He is lost out there right now.

Kyrie has been awesome for a while now. Ever since Tommy Heinshon called him out for being a little overweight causing him to be a step slow, he took that to heart and has been killing it since. The Celtics are getting healthy again. Horford missed 7 games and Morris missed time. ( big losses to this team) They had an 8 game winning streak before going 2-2 in a their last 4. They are only 4 games out of the top spot in the east with a long way to go. At almost full strength (Baynes is out for a while) they smashed Charlotte and beat Philly in a tight game. The Celtics should be okay with Hayward getting over the mental hurdle of his injury and /or Jaylen Brown waking up. He is lost out there right now.
I knew that comment would bring you out to defend the Cs. Can’t say i disagree with any of your points bc you know your squad better than a box score nba fan like myself haha.

This right here is the reason I have the NBA package. Getting to see how our guys are progressing. So worth it. Winslow is playing the best of his career and they are 4-1 while he is the starting PG. He isn't ever going to be John Stockton or Magic Johnson, but he is highly efficient and doesn't make too many mistakes. When Dragic gets back, it will make Miami better off for it. Spoelstra is still, by far IMO, the most underrated coach at any level of basketball.

This right here is the reason I have the NBA package. Getting to see how our guys are progressing. So worth it. Winslow is playing the best of his career and they are 4-1 while he is the starting PG. He isn't ever going to be John Stockton or Magic Johnson, but he is highly efficient and doesn't make too many mistakes. When Dragic gets back, it will make Miami better off for it. Spoelstra is still, by far IMO, the most underrated coach at any level of basketball.

Point Justise!

Tyus Jones had 13 points and five assists in a 119-94 win over Chicago. Wendell Carter scored 12 points and grabbed nine rebounds in the loss.

This may not mean much, but Kyrie’s “Uncle Drew” movie was the 10th highest grossing (domestically) among African-American directors.

Kyrie will certainly have a career in the movies once he’s done with the NBA.

Finishing off the top ten was Charles Stone III’s Uncle Drew, which starred Lil Rel Howery and NBA star Kyrie Irving with retired NBA players (Shaquille O’Neal, Chris Webber, Reggie Miller, and Nate Robinson). Tiffany Haddish and Erica Ash played the love interests. With a production budget of $18M, the film grossed $42M domestically.

Reactions: skysdad
Austin Rivers scored 10 points in a 127-113 win over Boston. Kyrie Irving led the Celtics with 23 points and 11 assists.

Last edited:
Reactions: timo0402
JJ Redick led Philadelphia with 24 points (6-of-9) from 3 in a 114-97 win over Utah.

Last edited:
This may not mean much, but Kyrie’s “Uncle Drew” movie was the 10th highest grossing (domestically) among African-American directors.

Kyrie will certainly have a career in the movies once he’s done with the NBA.

Finishing off the top ten was Charles Stone III’s Uncle Drew, which starred Lil Rel Howery and NBA star Kyrie Irving with retired NBA players (Shaquille O’Neal, Chris Webber, Reggie Miller, and Nate Robinson). Tiffany Haddish and Erica Ash played the love interests. With a production budget of $18M, the film grossed $42M domestically.

@DukefanKY i just posted this yesterday

Reactions: DukefanKY
Wendell Carter had a double-double—17 points and 13 rebounds—in a 101-92 win over Washington.

Justise Winslow had a near triple-double —24 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists—in a 118-94 win over Cleveland.

Brandon Ingram had 17 points and seven rebounds in a 118-107 loss to the LA Clippers.

Austin Rivers has 10 points, seven assists and five rebounds in a 108-104 win over New Orleans.

Kyrie Irving had another double-double—26 points, 13 assists—in a win over Memphis.
I have followed the young man since he was a junior in high school. I am fairly sure I have seen 95% of his games played and I have never seen him play this well or lead like he has. Sure Boston is struggling to find consistency (I am looking at you Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier) but one thing that is always improving is Irvings' leadership and overall play. He is now playing above average defense. Anyone who tells you he is a bad defender or doesn't defend is full of crap.

I have followed the young man since he was a junior in high school. I am fairly sure I have seen 95% of his games played and I have never seen him play this well or lead like he has. Sure Boston is struggling to find consistency (I am looking at you Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier) but one thing that is always improving is Irvings' leadership and overall play. He is now playing above average defense. Anyone who tells you he is a bad defender or doesn't defend is full of crap.

I don’t ever recall him having this many double doubles in Cleveland. He’s certainly making it an effort to get everyone involved. No one will ever give him credit for his improvements on defense because they think of his scoring only. I take your word for it @denniden

Tyus Jones had 12 points and five assists in a 113-104 win over Miami. Justise Winslow had 10 points and seven rebounds in the loss.

Wendell Carter had 16 points, 11 rebounds in a 95-89 loss to Toronto.

Brandon Ingram scored 21 points to go along with nine assists and seven rebounds in a 121-114 win over Sacramento.

I read a pretty good piece the other day talking about Kyries defense. His leadership continues to get better every season and this is what he wanted in getting away from the Lebron circus.

I read a pretty good piece the other day talking about Kyries defense. His leadership continues to get better every season and this is what he wanted in getting away from the Lebron circus.
Kyrie couldn't get away from James quick enough. I do not blame him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT