ADVERTISEMENT

Does BC have a chance to upset UNC today?

HeLooks2MuchLikeDave

Cameron Crazy
Dec 1, 2010
HOF Coach Roy Williams would never let his team lose their first game of the tourney. Personally, I think its a blowout. I think the refs call a fair game and UNC wins by 20.

Eddie Odio, pissed off for not getting any POY votes, goes nuts.

Meeks not expected to play. Sick with fever. Tested for strep and mono and negative for both, but did not practice Monday or Tuesday.
OFC

If the refs call a fair game the Heels will win by 50.OFC

Originally posted by skysdad:
If the refs call a fair game the Heels will win by 50.OFC
thanks for the vote of confidence.
wink.r191677.gif
should be a good tourney. good luck. ofc

Meeks is a big loss for UNC's basketball team. More importantly though is the young man's health. I think he had the flu (or they thought it was), and now he's still not feeling well, has a fever, etc I just pray there isn't any sinister underlying cause. Get well soon, Mr. Meeks.

OFC

Agreed, ODD. The rivalry is one thing, but the well-being of these great athletes is paramount. I too hope it's nothing serious.
OFC

UNCheat getting a lot of whistles today.

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:
Meeks is a big loss for UNC's basketball team. More importantly though is the young man's health. I think he had the flu (or they thought it was), and now he's still not feeling well, has a fever, etc I just pray there isn't any sinister underlying cause. Get well soon, Mr. Meeks.

OFC
Dirt are you suggesting that I Skysdad somehow got close enough to sneeze on Meeks. I'm appalled. I haven't even had a cold much less the flu. I would never do anything so sinister.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC

I think the real question should be does anyone have a chance to upset UNC in the ACC Tourney, much less the NCAA tourney. They are ready to roll. The refs had screwed them over 10 times this year. Theyre going to make a statement

Originally posted by Willcampbell:
Agreed, ODD. The rivalry is one thing, but the well-being of these great athletes is paramount. I too hope it's nothing serious.
OFC
Yeah, Will, hopefully nothing major. Maybe he's just a little run down, and is having a little problem with shaking the flu, or something similar.

OFC

Originally posted by skysdad:

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:

OFC
Dirt are you suggesting that I Skysdad somehow got close enough to sneeze on Meeks. I'm appalled. I haven't even had a cold much less the flu. I would never do anything so sinister.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC
Hahaha, I know you wouldn't do that, Sky! But some of the Heel fans may suspect you of it!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

OFC

I thought the officials did a fair job today. BC did get away with some traveling, over the back, some holding and reach ins. The Heels only got the the free throw line 17 times as opposed to B.C. going 22. Something out of sorts there. But overall a decent officiated game. The Heels won didn't they. Looks like Paige may be back to NPOY level and Johnson just dominated. Remember Meeks is coming. HEELS ARE BACK.
wink.r191677.gif
OFC

Since January 31st the Heels have won five games....two each over BC and GT, and a road win at Miami.

They're talented, but that's a scary stat if I'm a UNC fan with March officially here.

Originally posted by dukiejay:
Since January 31st the Heels have won five games....two each over BC and GT, and a road win at Miami.
And Rodriguez played only 3 minutes for Miami, due injury.

Good point...until you mentioned that I had forgotten he played so little.

Don't get me wrong, UNC has a lot of talent....but something is wrong there right now. Can they right the ship? I guess so, but it just doesn't seem very likely. Their most consistent attribute has been their inconsistency.

In order to go on a deep run, and let's say a deep run is defined in the NCAA Tournament as making the Elite Eight, that would mean they must beat three pretty good teams in a row. Again, not impossible....just seems unlikely.

And for the record, because two of our last three years have ended so miserably, I worry about us making that run too. But admittedly, we would seem to have the much better chance at pulling it off.

I guess that's why we play the games....and why they call it March Madness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT