ADVERTISEMENT

Countdown to Craziness -- 10 things to watch

Dig deeper or pay for better premium?
I did ! I Dug all the way back to before he transferred to Oak Hill. Is that deep enough ? I also went back to his sophomore year of high school and read articles from both his high school and AAU coach that said he could be good as a junior . Read nothing about Covid . Just that after the Covid shut down he began playing better but saw no mention of him being top 25 , Anywhere! Sure your not thinking about Stewart? You have a link to the article ?
I pay for premium here so are you taking a shot at Conor ? Just asking

I certainly never saw anywhere that had Reeves even sniffing a top 25 ranking or anywhere close. He’s a late bloomer who was closer to 100 in his class. That being said, that doesn’t mean he can’t take huge leaps and become a player.

With regards to Flip, I think he will have a lot of growing pains this season. I think he and reeves next year could be a top 3 front court in the country. So if we think playing Reeves pays dividends this year for next season, than I’m all for it!

I certainly never saw anywhere that had Reeves even sniffing a top 25 ranking or anywhere close. He’s a late bloomer who was closer to 100 in his class. That being said, that doesn’t mean he can’t take huge leaps and become a player.

With regards to Flip, I think he will have a lot of growing pains this season. I think he and reeves next year could be a top 3 front court in the country. So if we think playing Reeves pays dividends this year for next season, than I’m all for it!
I can agree on your point on Flip and Reeves. I agree . I like Flip , he’s just going to have to adjust like the rest of the freshman . I really like Reeves and hope that he stays and really shines .

I did ! I Dug all the way back to before he transferred to Oak Hill. Is that deep enough ? I also went back to his sophomore year of high school and read articles from both his high school and AAU coach that said he could be good as a junior . Read nothing about Covid . Just that after the Covid shut down he began playing better but saw no mention of him being top 25 , Anywhere! Sure your not thinking about Stewart? You have a link to the article ?
I pay for premium here so are you taking a shot at Conor ? Just asking
Watch a video or two - they talk about covid impacting his development. It’s on YouTube. In fairness we debated over Flip being a 4. You said nope, he’s a 5/C, but I sourced his HS coach saying Flip is a 4. You still didn’t believe me. Guess what Flip played in the scrimmage? The 4.

taking a shot at Conor? Who is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Devilinside
So if Reeves doesn’t redshirt, I’ll expect to see some retractions here. I say that jokingly as, some of y’all are full of it. I get why there was a mass exodus here.

Last edited:
Watch a video or two - they talk about covid impacting his development. It’s on YouTube.

man’s you’re so dramatic lol - taking a shot at Conor? Who is that?
I asked nicely to post a link! How am I dramatic and who is they ? I haven’t seen any recruiting site or college basketball ball recruiting analyst say anything about Reeves being impacted due to Covid . The ,” better by his junior year quote !” came from his high school coach . You said pay for better premium ! Conor is the insider on DI’s premium board .
Seems like to me your not sure where you saw it. You went from, dig deeper or pay for better premium !” To watching YouTube videos and have yet to tell me which one to watch, where you got your premium info from or where you read it so that I may simply see or read what you did.

So if Reeves doesn’t redshirt, I’ll expect to see some retractions here. I say that jokingly as, some of y’all are full of it. I get why there was a mass exodus here.
No then he simply won’t red shirt and he’ll either fight for minutes and play hard or be fine with limited minutes off the bench . We are simply saying he should stay the course or red shirting because of the log jam in the front court .

I asked nicely to post a link! How am I dramatic and who is they ? I haven’t seen any recruiting site or college basketball ball recruiting analyst say anything about Reeves being impacted due to Covid . The ,” better by his junior year quote !” came from his high school coach . You said pay for better premium ! Conor is the insider on DI’s premium board .
Seems like to me your not sure where you saw it. You went from, dig deeper or pay for better premium !” To watching YouTube videos and have yet to tell me which one to watch, where you got your premium info from or where you read it so that I may simply see or read what you did.
Dramatic: taking a shot at Conor. I don’t even know who that is. Understand?

No then he simply won’t red shirt and he’ll either fight for minutes and play hard or be fine with limited minutes off the bench . We are simply saying he should stay the course or red shirting because of the log jam in the front court .
So you’re saying Jon is wrong then (if he plays). Got it.

Did I say that! Nope not anywhere. And I told you who he was . Do you understand is the question?
Yikes that went over your head. You made a dramatic post assuming I knew who that was. And I said dig deeper, pay more/get better, AND watch video. Glad you’re keeping up!

Then again Flip isn’t a 4, right? Jon has it all backwards apparently.

I’m out, I don’t live here daily, so I’ll catch you in a few days+.

Yikes that went over your head. You made a dramatic post assuming I knew who that was.

Then again Flip isn’t a 4, right? Jon has it all backwards apparently.
He played the four in a scrimmage and got exposed on defense against his own team. I think he will struggle like I said before guarding quicker and more athletic pf’s . He’s a traditional five in today’s basketball world. Swing it any way you want.
And you made the first dramatic post my friend not me. Have you found the link so I can look at the YouTube video you watched ? Or is that to dramatic for you?

Reactions: christophero
Ok , so I asked and waiting on a response . However . I asked Conor the premium insider and he did say Reeves had gotten a stress fracture at peach jam and then Covid . But didn’t say he was ever top twenty five prospect . He also said he could recall coach smith from Oak Hill saying he was the most improved player .
This is for pisgah,
I’ve done enough reading the last two days that I can tell you the young man puts in work. From his sophomore to senior year at Oak Hill. He went from unranked to a three star finishing as a four star with a lot of upside. Each season he would refine his game working on his fundamentals progressing every season in rebounding, put backs, blocking shots . A well spoken young man in all his interviews who still knows he has some work to do.

Ok , so I asked and waiting on a response . However . I asked Conor the premium insider and he did say Reeves had gotten a stress fracture at peach jam and then Covid . But didn’t say he was ever top twenty five prospect . He also said he could recall coach smith from Oak Hill saying he was the most improved player .
This is for pisgah,
I’ve done enough reading the last two days that I can tell you the young man puts in work. From his sophomore to senior year at Oak Hill. He went from unranked to a three star finishing as a four star with a lot of upside. Each season he would refine his game working on his fundamentals progressing every season in rebounding, put backs, blocking shots . A well spoken young man in all his interviews who still knows he has some work to do.

sounds good shey.. sounds like we could have a diamond in the rough down the road

It will be interesting to see if he redshirts. My guess is he does, unless he continues to tear it up in practice. Lively and him are similar players, which is why I am leaning towards him redshirting.

It will be interesting to see if he redshirts. My guess is he does, unless he continues to tear it up in practice. Lively and him are similar players, which is why I am leaning towards him redshirting.
If Flip really struggles to adjust to the game, AND, Reeves is just playing way passed expectations, I still think he redshirts, but it would open the door to him playing this year. Obviously anything can happen. Reeves has done very well this off season by all accounts, but it remains to be seen if that changes what their plan was. He’s a 3 star, low 4 star project who we really want to continue to develop. Next year he and Flip should be a dynamic front court.

Improvement is more important than rankings. Most analysts take their list from six months ago and make minor tweaks. I would rather have a player who jumps from unranked, to 250 to 100 than a player who remained stagnant at 75 for three years

Reactions: sheyduke
The kid has skill . I think we all believe that . And as fans we want him to stick around . Just imagine if he stays the course and red shirts going against both young and Lively ( one an upper class men and the other a lottery pic ) in practice can only help him further develop . Like seated , Him, Flip if he stays and Steward in the front court and if young returns would have to be top five in the country . From what I’ve read he has a good head on his shoulders and knows how to put in the work

If Flip really struggles to adjust to the game, AND, Reeves is just playing way passed expectations, I still think he redshirts, but it would open the door to him playing this year. Obviously anything can happen. Reeves has done very well this off season by all accounts, but it remains to be seen if that changes what their plan was. He’s a 3 star, low 4 star project who we really want to continue to develop. Next year he and Flip should be a dynamic front court.
I agree with all of this. I still think Flip is good this year and makes us better. If Flip comes back, and Reeves ends up being a steal- where do you see Stewart? By all accounts he's an absolute stud on the glass and on defense. Top 10 kid so have trouble not seeing him starting. Wonderful potential problem to have.

I agree with all of this. I still think Flip is good this year and makes us better. If Flip comes back, and Reeves ends up being a steal- where do you see Stewart? By all accounts he's an absolute stud on the glass and on defense. Top 10 kid so have trouble not seeing him starting. Wonderful potential problem to have.
I don’t mean this in a way to promote the podcast but we absolutely brought this exact scenario up because it’s a great question. I think Stewart can easily go 3, see him as a 4/3.

It would be kind of funny if Reeves blew up and was one and done. Like even our 3 stars are one and done haha.

I don’t mean this in a way to promote the podcast but we absolutely brought this exact scenario up because it’s a great question. I think Stewart can easily go 3, see him as a 4/3.
Timo, haven’t watched much on Stewart but have read that he’s a beast on the glass with rebounding both offensive and defense. Who do you guys think his game compares to?

Timo, haven’t watched much on Stewart but have read that he’s a beast on the glass with rebounding both offensive and defense. Who do you guys think his game compares to?

Lance Thomas? A guy who can guard a 3 or a 4 but feels more comfortable closer to the basket. Lance really developed his outside game when he got to the pros. Maybe wasn't given the opportunity in college but who knows, chicken or egg.

Flip is going to be the guy to have a mediocre first half of the season, drop 32 points and 6 rebounds against NC state or something in January, and then be sorta good the rest of the year while everyone says "he's definitely staying" but he'll still flirt with the idea of going to the NBA while people say "why? I don't get it but I guess we've had others leave early before they were ready"

Reactions: pisgah101
Flip is going to be the guy to have a mediocre first half of the season, drop 32 points and 6 rebounds against NC state or something in January, and then be sorta good the rest of the year while everyone says "he's definitely staying" but he'll still flirt with the idea of going to the NBA while people say "why? I don't get it but I guess we've had others leave early before they were ready"
Famous last words but I’d be pretty stunned if he left after this year for the nba.

Good question. I really had to think about this because he’s very unique. I’m not sure I have a direct comp, especially to a duke player. He’s a great athlete, defender and has an incredible motor.

Do you think in todays college bball climate it is realistic for him to be at Duke 5 years from now? Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I find it pretty unlikely.

It will create an interesting dilemma if Reeves plays this year. Who do you sit? Young our only experienced front court player? Not Lively. Flip? We need Flip's development for next year. We also have to remember that Reeves was scoring on Young and blocking back up player's shots for the most part. Mitchell will get PT at the 4 because he's quicker than the other guys.

Good question. I really had to think about this because he’s very unique. I’m not sure I have a direct comp, especially to a duke player. He’s a great athlete, defender and has an incredible motor.
Reminds me of Robert Williams from A&M (sean not quite as bulky right now) or Hollis-Jefferson from Arizona. That type of player.

Do you think in todays college bball climate it is realistic for him to be at Duke 5 years from now? Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I find it pretty unlikely.
I think that’s really the best point against the redshirt Tim. Do we really expect anyone to be here or anywhere for that matter, for five years. Answer is most likely not.

Case in point. Duke seniors. None. Duke juniors. One. I mean guys in the program. We have one guy from those two recruiting classes. Two guys from 3 recruiting classes if you count Blakes.

Reactions: timritterus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT