ADVERTISEMENT

Countdown to Craziness -- 10 things to watch

I think for me , I’m looking forward to Mitchell , Schutt and Blakes.
Mitchell will play . I think we all can agree on that but I want to see how bad the other two want to .

Reactions: christophero
I am curious if Proctor is as good as Roach. We may need him to be.
I would put Proctor right up there with Roach in terms of skill and athleticism. Duke don’t need him to be . They need the role players to be good otherwise we’re looking at six players dead tired come March.

Proctor could be better than Roach if the rumors are true. And Mitchell could be our best big guy. Can't wait to find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
Anyone who can post highlights or give a game summary would be greatly appreciated.

5 predictions for tonight. I'm sure I get 4 wrong.
1. Proctor and Roach play each other evenly.
2. Young and Mitchell outplay Lively and Flip.
3. Grandison hits some nice corner threes.
4. Blakes doesn't stand out, Schutt makes several threes in a row.
5. Mitchell is our best frontcourt guy.

I like those and before seeing any of the action, all five could be correct.

I'm not sure Proctor and Roach square off. I assume Blakes plays against Roach. I also think Proctor might start.

I see you are on the Schutt bandwagon which I am driving. I also drove the AOC bandwagon so take me with a grain of salt.

I am interested to see if all the Mitchell love is justified. I think we are underestimating Flip.

Can't wait!

I just watched a 2004 Duke game and Mitchell reminds me of Loul Deng. I forgot how good Deng was.

Reactions: Liftee
I would like to find out if this team is a significantly better 3 point shooting team than what we have seen the last few years.

I know we have had a guy shooting it decently from out there but i would like to see multiple threats this year.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I know it's early and it's CTC but I'm gonna be watching body language both on the court and the bench to see which players get fired up by a big play. You usually can tell who may be considering a transfer. 😊OFC

I know it's early and it's CTC but I'm gonna be watching body language both on the court and the bench to see which players get fired up by a big play. You usually can tell who may be considering a transfer. 😊OFC

LOL! #nevertooearly

Reactions: skysdad
I’ll be watching . If young and Mitchell outplay Flip and Lively I’ll be amazed. I do think they are ahead defensively as Young should be playing at this level.
I do think Proctor and Roach square off.
along with Schutt and Grandison . Think we see Blakes as a combo guard tonight .

Looks like we will get to see some of that Proctor and Roach battle. Really looking forward to who attempts to play defense.

They are shooting around on the floor no walking boots

A lot of defensive switching and protecting around the rim. Defense seems to be what the team is working on .

I’ll go with #5 as a lock. Mitchell is a beast, he & Roach are my bets to lead you guys in scoring.

Let's be honest about this team. We have some great towel boys. OFC

I’ll go with #5 as a lock. Mitchell is a beast, he & Roach are my bets to lead you guys in scoring.
Your wrong . Mitchell and roach are barely scoring . Reeves is the best player tonight .
As far as this season hard to say but young seems to not be able to guard small guards Blakes is killing him.
defense is showing and you can see that’s what this team has been working on early .
Reeves reminds me of a freshman Mark Williams .

Reeves doing good is either a good sign or a really, really bad sign. Hearing Reeves and Blakes are looking good. Wow. Not sure what to think at this point.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Your wrong . Mitchell and roach are barely scoring . Reeves is the best player tonight .
As far as this season hard to say but young seems to not be able to guard small guards Blakes is killing him.
defense is showing and you can see that’s what this team has been working on early .
Reeves reminds me of a freshman Mark Williams .

I meant for the season, not for tonight, so the jury is still out. Easy Bingo! And you misspelled your, it's you're, as in you are.

• Haha
If Roach, Blakes and Reeves are our best guys well...our young guys/transfers have some work to do. Still early so who knows. Hearing Proctor is looking good. Is Reeves ahead of Flip? Small sample size but that could be a nice frontcourt next year.

Last edited:
My two cents .
First stop correcting my spelling this isn’t grammar class!
Young isn’t as advertised. He couldn’t check Reeves and won’t be able to guard smaller guards attacking the basket. Once Blakes saw his in ability to move his feet he stopped shooting and went right at him.
Blakes will get in before Schutt. Shutt simply is a freshman and that’s his only knock. Blakes and Mitchell will get on the court .
Flip same as young . Smaller guards will attack him to get him into foul trouble . I think he was 1-3 on three’s and three fouls.
Whitehead will move Grandison to the bench soon as he is healthy .
Proctor and Roach will start in the back court.
the only player that really stood out was Reeves. It will be interesting to see if he actually red shirts. No big on the floor looked better then him on defense and put backs .
the team is young but you can tell Defense is what they have been working on and IMO when Proctor was on roach he didn’t score.
Defense is key .

Just my $0.02 for those that couldn’t watch it.

Proctor is absolutely lethal in the PnR and is showing why scouts are raving lately about him. maybe it’s because I haven’t watched bball in a while but there is something about Proctor that immediately jumped out at me. IDK what his stat sheet looked like but he looks more than ready for college ball

Roach looked good. Blakes is embracing the Goldwire role. Although I wouldn’t get carried away about the stat sheet, Reeves was seemingly in the right spots to make plays. Young missed a couple easy ones and Mitchell just seemed like he needed more time to make plays.

Disappointed in Young and Mitchell. If Flip and Lively aren't all that we may get murdered on the boards. It's still early though. Would be amusing if Reily ends up starting. I heard Proctor looked good.

Last edited:
Disappointed in Young and Mitchell. If Flip and Lively aren't all that we may get murdered on the boards. It's still early though. Would be amusing if Reily ends up starting.
Young is what he was brought in for . A upperclassman, big body that can score on an opponent when he makes a mistake. This benefits Duke when the younger players get in foul trouble .
Proctor and Roach are a good back court . They have that swag about them.
Flip is still learning defense at this level. Good thing we have Mitchell. Kinda a ying and yang . Go from finesse ball to bully ball.
there will be a lot of ups and downs this season but glad to see defense being worked on so early .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT