ADVERTISEMENT

Commercials

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I can't stand them but they are a necessary evil. It's just too many of them and they seem to go on and on and on. Flipping the channels do not help that much ss it seems no matter what channel you flip to there's commercials there and I know it's because all the network time it so no matter what channel you are switching to there's another commercial. What gets me though it seems no matter what sporting event you are watching there's gonna be a commercial on the other channels too which makes no sense because of time outs and others things.

Now that I got that off my chest the real reason for the post is what is the most annoying commercial going on now to you? My pick is the Liberty Mutual Imu one they have going on. There are different ones and all are annoying. I always switch channels and one time on the channel I switched to there was another Liberty Mutual commercial going on. I don't think I would buy Liberty Mutual just because of the Imu commercial.
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The only time I watch commercials is when I'm watching sports and even then im not truly watching them. I'll say this though, I just saw a commercial during the Sixers/Clippers game for KFC about a fried chicken sandwich between two Krispy Kreme donuts. I'm not sure whether to be excited or disgusted. I'll let you know tomorrow when I try it though.

I know how you feel about it seeming like when you turn the channel because of commercials and there’s ommercials on the channel you turn to. There have been times were I was flipping back and forth through like 3 channels at the same time and every time there seems to be commercials on all 3 channels at the same time.Those Imu commercials are the most annoying. Also the Geico commercials are annoying too and to me they’ve always been annoying for as long as I can remember. Commercials take up about 1/4th of a show’s time slot. If a show is 30 minutes long then there’s like 8 minutes of commercials and if a shoe is an hour long then there are like 16 minutes of commercials and if you’re watching a movie that has commercials and the movie is 2-3 hours long then there’s like 32+ minutes of commercials. That’s the great thing about having DVR because when you record something you can either fast forward through the commercials or with Dish Network it gives you the option to watch it without having to watch the commercials.

I know how you feel about it seeming like when you turn the channel because of commercials and there’s ommercials on the channel you turn to. There have been times were I was flipping back and forth through like 3 channels at the same time and every time there seems to be commercials on all 3 channels at the same time.Those Imu commercials are the most annoying. Also the Geico commercials are annoying too and to me they’ve always been annoying for as long as I can remember. Commercials take up about 1/4th of a show’s time slot. If a show is 30 minutes long then there’s like 8 minutes of commercials and if a shoe is an hour long then there are like 16 minutes of commercials and if you’re watching a movie that has commercials and the movie is 2-3 hours long then there’s like 32+ minutes of commercials. That’s the great thing about having DVR because when you record something you can either fast forward through the commercials or with Dish Network it gives you the option to watch it without having to watch the commercials.

Commercials play a big part in turning a 40 minute basketball game into a 140 minute basketball game. OFC

Lmao let me tell you, you know what’s worse than watching commercials??? Listening to them and having to adjust your *******!! volume every ***!! time they come on because they insist on being louder than whatever program you’re watching!! Up down up down up down!!! Mannnn what’s the deal wit that?!

Reactions: hpnole and skysdad
Lmao let me tell you, you know what’s worse than watching commercials??? Listening to them and having to adjust your *******!! volume every ***!! time they come on because they insist on being louder than whatever program you’re watching!! Up down up down up down!!! Mannnn what’s the deal wit that?!
Ain’t that the truth, especially on local channels like CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox specifically during awards shows or other shows with music. You have to turn the volume up 10+ notches to hear the music but as soon as the singing stops and people start talking or it goes to commercial you have to turn the volume back down 10+ notches. lol

Reactions: IFaZe and skysdad
McDonalds. Gimme that filet of fish. Gimme that fish. Currently running in N.C. .You couldn't give me one or two or ten. Nasty. OFC
I’ll eat some types of fish/seafood but I’m not really a fan of fish/seafood, so I’m definitely not eating a fish sandwich from a fast food place.

Reactions: skysdad
Ain’t that the truth, especially on local channels like CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox specifically during awards shows or other shows with music. You have to turn the volume up 10+ notches to hear the music but as soon as the singing stops and people start talking or it goes to commercial you have to turn the volume back down 10+ notches. lol
Man its one of those things that drives me Absolute vodka. Especially at night when you’re trying not to wake anybody etc. Then you gotta play search and destroy cause your remote is always lost in the covers lol. I don’t much get it...

Last edited:
The only time I watch commercials is when I'm watching sports and even then im not truly watching them. I'll say this though, I just saw a commercial during the Sixers/Clippers game for KFC about a fried chicken sandwich between two Krispy Kreme donuts. I'm not sure whether to be excited or disgusted. I'll let you know tomorrow when I try it though.
Have you tried hamburger between 2 donuts? Lol they got that too.

Rarely watch commericals, hit the remote once tv timeout hits. Can watch 3 or games at one time.

We almost never watch live TV. Start the Duke game 20 minutes late and catch up by half time or so, then do something during half time and watch the second half 20 minutes late, catch up at the end.
Having said that, my wife has a theory that our yelling and moving around/changing clothes for better luck only works if the game is still going on. And I consider her a sane person.

As an advertising exec, I love commercials.

That actually explains a lot, haha. I would have thought Timo and DH were based on the podcast promotions.

Can we have a favorite commercials thread?

I can't stand them but they are a necessary evil. It's just too many of them and they seem to go on and on and on. Flipping the channels do not help that much ss it seems no matter what channel you flip to there's commercials there and I know it's because all the network time it so no matter what channel you are switching to there's another commercial. What gets me though it seems no matter what sporting event you are watching there's gonna be a commercial on the other channels too which makes no sense because of time outs and others things.

Now that I got that off my chest the real reason for the post is what is the most annoying commercial going on now to you? My pick is the Liberty Mutual Imu one they have going on. There are different ones and all are annoying. I always switch channels and one time on the channel I switched to there was another Liberty Mutual commercial going on. I don't think I would buy Liberty Mutual just because of the Imu commercial.
OFC
Darn, is nothing sacred? Hitting on LiMu Emu? Oh, the controversy these boards generate!

Not sure which state everyone is in, but here in CO the Mini Mike commercials are getting a bit annoying and too much. But I'm sure the strategy works. I usually tune out all commercials though!

Darn, is nothing sacred? Hitting on LiMu Emu? Oh, the controversy these boards generate!

Been a while since any tar heel fan made a post here. Win a couple of games in a row and they come out. What's gonna happen with a win over WF and heaven help us if they best us in Cameron. It was nicevfor a while. Our only hope is if they lose out and don't get a NCAA bid. Yes unc -75 I know it's an off topic thread but it gave you a little hole to slip through. Why weren't you posting here the last three or weeks. But you are a tar heel fan. You can't help it . It's your nature. Looking for the usual sarcastic like from toophly1124. OFC

Been a while since any tar heel fan made a post here. Win a couple of games in a row and they come out. What's gonna happen with a win over WF and heaven help us if they best us in Cameron. It was nicevfor a while. Our only hope is if they lose out and don't get a NCAA bid. Yes unc -75 I know it's an off topic thread but it gave you a little hole to slip through. Why weren't you posting here the last three or weeks. But you are a tar heel fan. You can't help it . It's your nature. Looking for the usual sarcastic like from toophly1124. OFC
Amazing how they show up after a couple wins. Oh well, the silence was nice while it lasted.

The Watch ESPN app chooses three commercials and plays them an entire game. I currently dislike Chevy, Avocado Mattresses, and Jersey Shore family vacation.

As an advertising exec, I love commercials.

I love a good commercial. And a good commercial can entertain (means you'll probably remember it) while plugging the product in a way that doesn't infuriate you. But the advertising biz has always fascinated me...it's one of the reasons I loved 'Bewitched' (Elizabeth Montgomery the other:D) ,as a kid growing up, because of Darrin's profession.

OFC

The thing about commercials for me is they are supposed to make me want that product or service. Some of them, I don’t know what they are advertising, and others, do not at all make me want what they are selling.

Most annoying commercials to me are the State Farm Chris Paul and the New Chris Paul commercials. Absolutely awful and annoying. I’m thinking about dropping my State Farm insurance in protest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT