ADVERTISEMENT

Cheap Shot

Canadian Dukie

Cameron Crazy
Nov 22, 2017
Halifax N.S.
Anyone else see the cheap shot elbow thrown in the Div.111 game between Fitchburg State and Nichol's College?? unbelievable that a kid would do that to another player...I'd post it if I knew how,maybe one of you tech savvy guys can get it.

I'm with you Show. I had a teammate in a jv high school game catch a cheap shot elbow to the nose. I left the bench and tackled the guy at half court and got some good punches in. I was ejected and my coach told me to change and go to the bus. I was sitting on the bus and my dad walked on to the bus. He told me he was proud of me and said the whole bench should have emptied to take up for their teammate. It would have been a helluva lifesaver commercial. Of course this was 1981, different world then.

I’m really not a snowflake at all.. but in a case like this, where it is just a blatant unprovoked punch to the face.. there should be an assault charge.

It’s one thing if 2 players are physically going back and forth and then it eventually escalates to somebody getting punched.. but it doesn’t look like the “victim” did anything (physical) to deserve this..

Hell, if he would have tried to just slightly disguised the elbow/punch as a basketball move during a rebound or block attempt, I wouldn’t care as much.. but this is a straight cheap shot to the face.

On the possession just prior to this on the other end of the floor, the cheap shot artist air-balls a 3. He was upset about that and throws this shot.

Yep, thought the EXACT same thing.

Kid has gotten kicked out of school, and that cheap shot is a big news.

I agree that that could easily be an assault charge. Just because you are in a sporting event doesnt make you immune to the law.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I read this topic and thought you were talking about the elbow the Eastern Michigan player gave to the Blue Devil Mascot last night. Did anyone see that, or was it just me?

Anyway, I'm not sure I've seen a more blatant assault in a game, I hope they punish this kid to the fullest.

Well online it DID say “the dirtiest player since Grayson Allen".

I really couldn't believe what I was seeing, and I assure you this young man will get what he deserves. He would never see a basketball floor again, and I agree, assault charges should be brought against him.
QC, as for comparing this to anything that Grayson ever did, I do believe that the online reporter needs to experience a "sucker punch"! :D
Go Duke!
OFC

Be interesting to hear of what happens with this. OFC

My wife has always wondered why in baseball and hockey you can get into a brawl and not be charged with assault like you would if it happened outside of a sporting venue. I know for some of us old school people that's just how its always been. It does send mixed signals.

I'm thinking the officials need to do some explaining. OFC

shit, 91, my HS PE coach , if we had a problem , he'd take us in the locker room and let us fight. After the fight, he'd ask, "Are we good or do we need to go see the Principal?" It was always, "Nah , we're good."

Reactions: dukesince91
shit, 91, my HS PE coach , if we had a problem , he'd take us in the locker room and let us fight. After the fight, he'd ask, "Are we good or do we need to go see the Principal?" It was always, "Nah , we're good."
Yeah, I also had a high school coach that would let us go into an old equipment closet that had old gymnastic mats on the floor. He would give each student a pair of boxing gloves and you had to stay on your knees. You had one minute to work out your differences. Once the minute was up, you came out and the dispute was over. It's not like today, kids have to get revenge and shoot each other. I really think we had a much better society back then. These young bucks today have been coddled way too much.

Let me tell you a little about myself. Had he thrown that on me, my basketball career would have launched into serious jeopardy, as I would STILL be on top of him pounding his face in.
Why would your career be in jeapordy? We’d all be there and we’d all testify how the other guy attacked you and kept headbutting your fist. He was probably on bath salts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT