ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Allen

I think G ""grew a pair" against Louisville in this past year's ACC TOURNEY. Louisville's Pitino put in a kid solely to try and rile Allen. Grayson didnt bite....OFC

To be honest with I really don't think anyone wants to tangle with Grayson. You better believe from the get go he's gonna be targeted every game and I know Coach K has let him know but he's already smart enough to know that. The thing is I hope the coaching staff is watching every dirty shot Allen gets and are making sure the officials are doing their job. Not supporting what Grayson has done but he has paid for it. johnny boy swofford needs to grow some stones and treat Grayson the same as he is going to treat babies down at unc. OFC

Last edited:
To be honest with I really don't think anyone wants to tangle with Greyson. You better believe from the get go he's gonna be targeted every game and I know Coach K has let him know but he's already smart enough to know that. The thing is I hope the coaching staff is watching every dirty shot Allen gets and are making sure the officials are doing their job. Not supporting what Greyson has done but he has paid for it. johnny boy swofford needs to grow some stones and treat Greyson the same as he is going to treat babies down at unc. OFC

THIS!!!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Three months off is what he needed mentally. Grayson should just avoid the media during pre-season.
I hope he gets a little lift back too. He was dunking with ease until he got gimpy. It made him play defensive, and I think that contributed to his short fuse. He's ready to put all that behind him.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I hope he gets a little lift back too. He was dunking with ease until he got gimpy. It made him play defensive, and I think that contributed to his short fuse. He's ready to put all that behind him.

That and less responsibility should equate to great things for Grayson. He's already seemingly experienced his rock bottom in college. Nowhere to go but up.

I think with all he has had to deal with (some self-inflicted) that Grayson has been magnificent for Duke. He's had more pressure on him than anyone I can ever remember. He'll run through a brick wall for Duke, and at the least, he should be on one...so there.
I can't wait to see Grayson lead this team, and to kick Tar Heel ass...as he always does.

Grayson%20Allen%20Brick%20Wall.jpg

OFC

I think Grayson will be dominant this year. Playing beside a good point guard will be huge for him but the biggest thing is, if healthy, this team will have a definite leader. The youngsters will follow him, and they won't be disappointed. This is his team.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I think Grayson will be dominant this year. Playing beside a good point guard will be huge for him but the biggest thing is, if healthy, this team will have a definite leader. The youngsters will follow him, and they won't be disappointed. This is his team.

100%

Our lone Captain. I think he's ready.

I completely agree. He’s bern thru the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I think he’s ready to take the next step and show everyone he’s matured and ready to lead this young team!

I'm ready for that freshman smile. That young man has a wonderful smile that makes me smile. I also want him to show no mercy when he is on the court. He needs to go all out and in control of his emotions and his play . I believe we are going to see a senior have that special year that we haven't seen from a Duke player in years. OFC

I'm ready for that freshman smile. That young man has a wonderful smile that makes me smile. I also want him to show no mercy when he is on the court. He needs to go all out and in control of his emotions and his play . I believe we are going to see a senior have that special year that we haven't seen from a Duke player in years. OFC
I agree. I am looking for a big year from him in more ways than one.

Despite the few and I emphase few stupid things he has done Grayson had under underwent more abuse both physically and emotionally than any player I have ever seen.Hope the staff is constantly sending pictures to the ACC documenting this.Proud of you young man

It’s his last and final chance. Krzyzewski has to have imbued upon him the fact that, if he reverts to the old Allen, his shot at making it to the NBA is done. There’s no one else on the team that can reasonably be named captain. Allen has to step up and be a leader. It’s that simple.

I hope Grayson scores 50 on the Holes for a big win CH and wins his last college game. I will be a very happy Dukie.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT