ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Allen

I don't want him to be captain. I think he should have to earn that title through out the year.

I don't want him to be captain. I think he should have to earn that title through out the year.
Give me a break. Who would you have be captain?? Freshmen who've never stepped foot on campus, any of the returning sophomores who played an average of 2mpg, or perennial 9th man Vrankovich? Keep in mind Grayson is our only senior, the soul of the team, a former preseason All American, and a National Champion.

Give me a break. Who would you have be captain?? Freshmen who've never stepped foot on campus, any of the returning sophomores who played an average of 2mpg, or perennial 9th man Vrankovich? Keep in mind Grayson is our only senior, the soul of the team, a former preseason All American, and a National Champion.
Thank you. I couldn't say it better.

Sorry I'm just not over the way he's represented Duke and the way he acted on the bench last season. Not saying he can't earn the captain title through out the season, I just think he needs to prove he's grown from his mistakes. I don't think he's a bad kid but I do think he needs to grow up and get his emotions under control. If you've move on from his actions from last year that's fine, I just haven't yet.

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
He came back for his senior year. He could have left for the NBA and he chose to come back and go into those same hostile environments. He didn't take the easy way out and I think that with it being his last year, he will be on a mission every time he steps on the court in practice and games. He will be our captain and I wouldn't be surprised to see Big Vrank as the other.

He came back for his senior year. He could have left for the NBA and he chose to come back and go into those same hostile environments. He didn't take the easy way out and I think that with it being his last year, he will be on a mission every time he steps on the court in practice and games. He will be our captain and I wouldn't be surprised to see Big Vrank as the other.

Thanks!!!! X2

OFC

Reactions: PixelDevil

Lol

I'm sorry, but after reading the article of what he went through with his friend passing just before the Elon game, caused me to give him a pass for his actions during that game. After his suspension was over he came out and caught hell from everyone in the nation and even some on here, but kept on keeping on, sucked it up, and even decided to come back at risk of taking it all again. Good for him, let him be captain, he is definitely worth it.

I'm sorry, but after reading the article of what he went through with his friend passing just before the Elon game, caused me to give him a pass for his actions during that game. After his suspension was over he came out and caught hell from everyone in the nation and even some on here, but kept on keeping on, sucked it up, and even decided to come back at risk of taking it all again. Good for him, let him be captain, he is definitely worth it.

Agreed...no brainer IMO...

I think Grayson will be a great captain. Can't prove it by no means but I believe just about every team that Duke will play next and for sure unc hates he came back. Everyone still is going to make a big deal about the tripping and dirty player reputation but that's a bunch of bull. They don't want him to play because he'd their daddy. OFC

I'd let Grayson be my best friend or date my daughter if I had one and she was his age lol. I'd even take him fishing up here in these mountains lol

I think Grayson will be a great captain. Can't prove it by no means but I believe just about every team that Duke will play next and for sure unc hates he came back. Everyone still is going to make a big deal about the tripping and dirty player reputation but that's a bunch of bull. They don't want him to play because he'd their daddy. OFC
Pis on them (everyone) Sky. I think they would all look better wet!

You can tell some posters have never been a part of an organized competitive team. Grayson Allen epitomizes what it is to be a captain. Don't let the media and message boards F with you! Kid is Duke through and through and his coaches and teammates know this!!!!!
BINGO!

He's a captain because well...who else is gonna be..he earned it? Because he played in a hostile environment? Hahaha He didn't take the easy way out? What a load of bull ..NBA apparently the easy way out these days :) I don't think he should be a captain either but who am I ...GOAT is my captain ..Allen didn't come back for you or me or Duke or his haters.. he came back because his ass dropped out of the first and he's doing what's best for him that's it ..fantasy world lord ..mercy..y'all already forgot what a distraction he made last season over Elon???? Already? :) I mean I'm glad he's back but not captain worthy imo...now can he actually earn it yes ..I think he will hopefully at some point

Last edited:
Grayson, like most have said already, is worthy of the title. He earned it after coming back and being the target of everyone not pulling for Duke and some that do. He will be as good as any of the other seniors that have had that title. The biggest moment to me that showed his maturity was tournament game against Louisville. Pitino put that kid in there to disrupt him, and it didn't work. K took him out and gave him a big hug. Then put him back in a minute later. He's Duke's leader. Period

You can tell some posters have never been a part of an organized competitive team. Grayson Allen epitomizes what it is to be a captain. Don't let the media and message boards F with you! Kid is Duke through and through and his coaches and teammates know this!!!!!
Really! Who is the Captain of the Yankees?? They're pretty "organized."
OFC

Grayson, like most have said already, is worthy of the title. He earned it after coming back and being the target of everyone not pulling for Duke and some that do. He will be as good as any of the other seniors that have had that title. The biggest moment to me that showed his maturity was tournament game against Louisville. Pitino put that kid in there to disrupt him, and it didn't work. K took him out and gave him a big hug. Then put him back in a minute later. He's Duke's leader. Period

The Louisville example is an excellent and underscored his comeback as a young man... OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
He's a captain because well...who else is gonna be..he earned it? Because he played in a hostile environment? Hahaha He didn't take the easy way out? What a load of bull ..NBA apparently the easy way out these days :) I don't think he should be a captain either but who am I ...GOAT is my captain ..Allen didn't come back for you or me or Duke or his haters.. he came back because his ass dropped out of the first and he's doing what's best for him that's it ..fantasy world lord ..mercy..y'all already forgot what a distraction he made last season over Elon???? Already? :) I mean I'm glad he's back but not captain worthy imo...now can he actually earn it yes ..I think he will hopefully at some point

I think you make some good points sometimes, but you almost always come off like an ass making them. I bit into Grayson pretty hard myself during his spell. Shit happens, especially to kids. I think he DID come through , a very tough time. He caught it from every angle, and he held it together. I think he learned from it, grew from it, and DID come back to meet the challenge. Everyone makes mistakes, and yea he made his, but as long as he keeps it in check from here on out, I'm good with it. I think he is a good kid. I also think he's the Captain of this team , hands down. Let's relax and see how he continues to respond, I think the time for us to cut him down is over, time to lift him up now, pull for this team.

Did anyone see the bench cheer when Giles had his double against Georgia Tech? Nobody cheered with more enthusiasm than Grayson Allen. He's a good teammate. He's a leader. He's everything you want in a captain.

What I have been telling my Grayson hating (ex-) friends is that yes he tripped 3 people in 2 years, but he put up with the most insulting behavior possible from alleged "adults" for most of those 2 years and has done nothing but be a model citizen for the rest of those 2 years. I think Grayson has passed the test for being a captain and he will lead by example, there's no question in my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT