ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology - ESPN - 3/2/17

Laettner

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 11, 2002
Love looking at bracket scenarios, Lunardi currently has us #3 in East with Baylor as #2. I'd take this in a heartbeat. Baylor faced us in NRG with 30k fans in 2010, now play us in MSG(CIS North).

Duke-Nova in MSG would be insane!

Love looking at bracket scenarios, Lunardi currently has us #3 in East with Baylor as #2. I'd take this in a heartbeat. Baylor faced us in NRG with 30k fans in 2010, now play us in MSG(CIS North).

I'd love to see K go up against Jay Wright.
The biggest game of the year for me is Saturday. I'll be content with any kind of tourney run if we can blank the Holes this year.

That would be a great draw IMO. I think Nova may be the weakest 1 & I'd prefer not have Oregon as our 2 that's often been projected. I don't think we match up particularly well with them.

I don't want to see SMU, West Va or Purdue early. off the top of my head

I don't want to see SMU, West Va or Purdue early. off the top of my head

I don't want to see Northwestern, but I have a feeling that the committee will salivate at that possibility. My hope there is not because they pose any match-up problems, its just the mentor/disciple match-ups always suck, and on top of that Northwestern looks like they have the basketball gods on their side a little right now.

I will gladly take any big 10 team, I don't think the conference is very good this year despite the amount of teams that may get in

Given how poor our transition defense is (Worst in the ACC) I would prefer not to see any uptempo teams.

Teams I"d like to avoid: Oregon, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Villanova (though I'd be fine if they were our 1 seed), West Virginia, UCLA.

Teams I'm fine in our bracket: Gonzaga, Arizona, Louisville, Baylor, Florida, SMU, Butler.

We'd be fine against West Virginia. Only takes a good coach to beat that press and they suck guarding perimeter.

I love that spot but I don't believe we've earned it.

I would take a closer look at our schedule. We have 1 bad loss, Nc St. Outside of that we are 3-5 playing the best ACC teams all on the road and 11-6 overall in the best conference by a mile. Also non conference wins against Florida and Mich St. If you gave every team in the country our schedule I'm not sure how many do better.

We'd be fine against West Virginia. Only takes a good coach to beat that press and they suck guarding perimeter.
Agreed, however it takes much more than a good coach to beat a great press.
A great PG is most important, and let's not go down that road again...............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT