ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden and the NBA Summer League

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Started watching the Jazz/Cav game last night but switched channels after 10 minutes. Bolden was getting abused by Tony Bradley who had 26 points and 16 boards. Even though he only played the first 8 minutes Bolden looked lost as he left his man on every screen. It was like he was playing defense with Duke again. I know he will improve but if last night is any indication of Bolden’s future this year he best get his passport ready because he is going abroad..

Reactions: hart2chesson
Started watching the Jazz/Cav game last night but switched channels after 10 minutes. Bolden was getting abused by Tony Bradley who had 26 points and 16 boards. Even though he only played the first 8 minutes Bolden looked lost as he left his man on every screen. It was like he was playing defense with Duke again. I know he will improve but if last night is any indication of Bolden’s future this year he best get his passport ready because he is going abroad..

Bolden had a better game the night before. He’s going to realize that you have to be consistent to be in the NBA. This performance is no indication of his future in the league, just like Quinn Cook.

He knew what he was up against when he decided to leave this year. I believe there is a spot for him as a journeyman big man in the NBA. But he likely will be in the G League this year, and maybe next as he translates his game for the NBA.

Bolden needs to simply play consistently well, rather than teetertodder in performances. At times last year he was a DIFFERENCE MAKER. If he ever gets that lefthand baby hook down consistently, it should give him a REAL BOOST of confidence!! The best Duke big I ever saw at Duke use the baby hook shot was the G-man, Mike Gminski.

OFC

Bolden needs to simply play consistently well, rather than teetertodder in performances. At times last year he was a DIFFERENCE MAKER. If he ever gets that lefthand baby hook down consistently, it should give him a REAL BOOST of confidence!! The best Duke big I ever saw at Duke use the baby hook shot was the G-man, Mike Gminski.

OFC
I remember a few years back when Mason soluble got pretty good at a baby hook.. made a big difference in his scoring ability.

I love Bolden just like I love every Duke alumnus (McBob not included). That said, I don’t think he belongs in the NBA. I’d be happy to be wrong though. He’s got to become Looney-like, but that would mean a huge leap in awareness and touch.

I love Bolden just like I love every Duke alumnus (McBob not included). That said, I don’t think he belongs in the NBA. I’d be happy to be wrong though. He’s got to become Looney-like, but that would mean a huge leap in awareness and touch.

I agree...just don't see him being on an NBA roster anytime soon...or ever really

And how long has Bradley been in the league?
Don’t know if being in the league longer will make you a better player but Bolden and Bradley are the same age[Bradley is 3 months older]. He has a career average of 2.1 pts a game and earned 1.6 M last year. Hopefully Bolden will be in the league for years to come but in the game I watched he was getting schooled by Bradley. Was hoping to see more of Bolden last night but he did not get any minutes.

Off topic.. why the bad feelings about McRoberts? I’m not being an ass, I’m genuinely curious.

Off topic.. why the bad feelings about McRoberts? I’m not being an ass, I’m genuinely curious.
I hated his attitude while at Duke. He’s always thought a lot of himself without the game to back it up. Very immature. I don’t mind a chip on the shoulder. I did not like Rivers’ game, but at least he would cut the act when we were losing. Rivers had some measure of self control too.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I agree with you about his attitude. He was such a gifted player. Could pass the ball like Alvan Adams with the Suns.

I hated his attitude while at Duke. He’s always thought a lot of himself without the game to back it up. Very immature. I don’t mind a chip on the shoulder. I did not like Rivers’ game, but at least he would cut the act when we were losing. Rivers had some measure of self control too.

I feel the same way about rivers. ..didn't like his game or his attitude...IMO a total "me" player...spoiled beat IMO

Truth. Rivers was a PITA but could deliver sometimes.

McBob had a decent NBA career. Injuries hinder his growth. Bolden needs to become aggressive and motivated.

His first two years at Duke, I felt his attitude was more about entitlement. Last year was very good and an improvement.

Bolden sometimes I thought he seemed unaware or distracted sometimes. It seemed as though he was somewhere else besides the court. OFC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT