• Nike Black

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Duke Blue

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I just got to know. Which do you prefer. Nike black or Duke Blue road uni's. OFC

Of course I picked Duke Blue. Even when we win wearing the black it always is a struggle. We beat Elon by 11 wearing the black. Elon for goodness sake who we should have won by 50. OFC

Then vote for the black although it has nothing to do with Duke. I don't know who makes the decision as what to wear whether it's the coaching staff, the players or who ever it is I wish they would stop. I don't care how cool or intimidating some think they look they need to be burned. OFC

Reactions: wormyone42
It would be nice if you voted that to post which color you voted for like pisgah did. I really want to know what Duke fans think since the thr trolls are voting. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
No question it should be the blues. Duke is Royal blue and white. The black was done as another way for Nike to sell more merchandise. It's fine to wear them here and there, but it's not true Duke.

I picked Blue. That's the Traditional uniform. What's up with all this switch up uniforms stuff? U c it on a weekly basis in college football. Ridiculous

Seen the black uniforms up close, they are cheesy. Bet we wear blue next two road games.

Hey pisgah so far it's you a one other for black. Must be a thr troll because they didn't take credit for selecting black.;) OFC

Hahaha unless you secretly like the black and started this just to see how many think like you do! I caught u sky !:p

Reactions: crazyduke3
Love the black but we are BLUE devils.

Burn the white jerseys and never bring them back.

I think Kevin White, K, or whoever is making the decision, is a little superstitious. After we lost to Va Tech, we were 2-2 with the black unis. Something had to change with the bad luck of the black unis (Elon game included). Up to that point, we hadn't used the blue uniforms all season long. So we try out the blue unis the next two games; we lose to both FSU and Louisville sporting our blue jersies. Going back to the Black uniforms was the next logical choice. After the Louisville loss, we pulled off three straight road wins in those black uniforms. We were probably going to stay in the black unis until we lost. The Miami game will be a toss-up as the ending of the Syracuse game might come off as a little fluky. I say 70% chance we see Blue against Miami. If we win against Miami, we'll use the same uniforms against Carolina.

Here's the complete list of our road uniforms used in order:
Kansas- Loss (Black)
UNLV- Win (Black)
Elon- Win (Black)
Va Tech- Loss (Black)
FSU- Loss (Blue)
Louisville- Loss (Blue)

Wake- Win (Black)
Notre Dame- Win (Black)
UVA- Win (Black)
Syracuse- Loss (Black)

Black: 5-3
Blue: 0-2

Burn the black. I bet since we started wearing them our record is much worse with them than the blue. First thing I told my wife last night was there's the dang black unis again.

I think Kevin White, K, or whoever is making the decision, is a little superstitious. After we lost to Va Tech, we were 2-2 with the black unis. Something had to change with the bad luck of the black unis (Elon game included). Up to that point, we hadn't used the blue uniforms all season long. So we try out the blue unis the next two games; we lose to both FSU and Louisville sporting our blue jersies. Going back to the Black uniforms was the next logical choice. After the Louisville loss, we pulled off three straight road wins in those black uniforms. We were probably going to stay in the black unis until we lost. The Miami game will be a toss-up as the ending of the Syracuse game might come off as a little fluky. I say 70% chance we see Blue against Miami. If we win against Miami, we'll use the same uniforms against Carolina.

Here's the complete list of our road uniforms used in order:
Kansas- Loss (Black)
UNLV- Win (Black)
Elon- Win (Black)
Va Tech- Loss (Black)
FSU- Loss (Blue)
Louisville- Loss (Blue)

Wake- Win (Black)
Notre Dame- Win (Black)
UVA- Win (Black)
Syracuse- Loss (Black)

Black: 5-3
Blue: 0-2

The black color has nothing to do with Duke no more than olive green , zebra stripes or polka dots. I'll say this for unc. I've never seen the basketball team wearing black away from home. OFC

The black color has nothing to do with Duke no more than olive green , zebra stripes or polka dots. I'll say this for unc. I've never seen the basketball team wearing black away from home. OFC
They wore a black jersey last year against UCLA in the CBS sports classic but I haven't seen it since.

Blue if we're away in a neutral site game.
Black for a true road game where the whole arena is against us, always nice to spook the fans.

Reactions: MyDudeG
As of right now we have 19 Blues a couple of blacks and some thr trolls. OFC

Carolina's unis actually look slightly better in black. Slightly. Anything that minimizes that egregiously ugly baby blue color is an upgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT