ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest “What if’s” in Duke basketball (AK-After K)

What if the Class of 83 wasn’t
That’s the biggest one

What if Grant Hill would have gone to Georgetown

Reactions: Quavarius
1st of all Q you are coming up with some great threads in the off season. Keeps old farts like me busy. You are the thread king young man. Speaking of us old farts.
What if there were no ofc . OFC

What if Heyward's shot was a little softer?

What if Laettner was ejected for the "foot tap"?

But the big one is still Kyrie.

I guess it all evens out in the end.

what if he takes the Lakers job?

(Yes Sky, the one Roy turned down)

He turned down every NBA job. Every one of them including the Spurs. He has turned down every offer at every thing you can imagine. He even turned down the cheater u job once. OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
1st of all Q you are coming up with some great threads in the off season. Keeps old farts like me busy. You are the thread king young man. Speaking of us old farts.
What if there were no ofc . OFC

Thanks sky!

Reactions: skysdad
What if Ryan Kelly redshirts in 2010? We would've had him in '14 as a senior.

What if he doesn't get hurt in '13?

What if shoe gate never happens last year?

What if Grayson's shot rolls in?

What if Sheed isn't kicked off the team? Do we still win in '15?

What if G Henderson doesn't leave early and Elliot Williams doesn't transfer? How different is 2010?

I know it's crazy to think if Williams and Henderson came back we may not have won it all. 2010 just had efficient players who all knew their roles. Not sure this happens if those 2 come back.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I know it's crazy to think if Williams and Henderson came back we may not have won it all. 2010 just had efficient players who all knew their roles. Not sure this happens if those 2 come back.

I would have welcomed both or either one back (in real time). Remember, we had no pure PG’s and only 3 scholarship guards (Smith, Scheyer and Dawkins reclassified). Yes we won it all, but had we not, this would be a no brainer. Also, that team didn’t have any injuries at all either (I know Mason was injured to being the season and missed about 5-6 games to start the season). But, had Smith, Scheyer or Dawkins sustained any long term injuries that season and whew....the lack of guard depth would have really bitten us in the ass.

Reactions: christophero

The whole dynamic of the team changes then. Things worked out perfectly for that team. I do believe had they returned, Dawkins doesn't come in early and Kelly redshirts. Crazy to think about how different things would've truly been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT