ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley's knee.

But will G continue to play the way he has when Bags gets back. That's what I think a lot of us are anxious to see.....because if he does.....uh oh
We all hope he will continue his aggressive play. Some of it is on Allen but I think Bagley will need to be a little less shot happy and little more pass happy. Basically play real similar to how Carter did in the last game.

I don't think we can win the national championship without Bagley.

I know we can't win the national championship without Grayson and Gary being really good.

Guard is the position that is most important in college basketball. I don't mean that to downplay the importance of Marvin or Wendell....but it's the truth. If one of Wendell and Marvin is really good, and both of Grayson and Gary are, then we're really tough to beat. If all four are great? Good luck against us.

But really, guard play is crucial. Gary has stepped up offensively the last two months (defense still leaves a bit to be desired at times) and Grayson seem to be out of his funk (for now)....Wendell being Wendell and Marvin trying not to carry the 'whole' load makes us really, really good.

But will G continue to play the way he has when Bags gets back. That's what I think a lot of us are anxious to see.....because if he does.....uh oh

Well of course that would be awesome but haven't seen it all year. Grayson went off vs MSU and has had maybe what 3-4 good games since? In ACC play with Bagley he's shooting 35% FG and 25% 3PT.

Reactions: skysdad
I think the whole team needs to focus on good shot, better shot, great shot for the first 25 seconds of the shot clock. We take too many tough shots too early in the clock. Another thing we do is force the ball into the post when the post guy is well guarded leading to turnovers. Reverse the ball and repost.

I’ve seen some questions being posed about the NCAA investigation and Bagley not playing. Think there’s anything to that?

I’ve seen some questions being posed about the NCAA investigation and Bagley not playing. Think there’s anything to that?

I don’t think so. It is too late if he was ineligible in anyway. I think K is being conservative because he is a top 3 pick in the draft.

I do miss the days of guys playing through minor injuries. Grayson played last year on turf toe.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don’t think so. It is too late if he was ineligible in anyway. I think K is being conservative because he is a top 3 pick in the draft.

I do miss the days of guys playing through minor injuries. Grayson played last year on turf toe.
I’ll take your all’s word for it. I hate when crap like that starts circulating. Hope he comes back soon

With him being out today it seems more serious than a mild issue. He never came out of the game Thursday so that kinda bothers me. If he’s sitting out to protect his draft status due to something minor I’m very disappointed.

If Bagleys injury is similar to Boldens, he could be out as much time as Bolden was. If that is the case we may not see him till the Acc tournament time. Then he would not be in game shape and his minutes would be limited just as Bolden. Everyone will have to step up their game. It's a good thing that Grayson's game is coming around!
OFC

If Bagleys injury is similar to Boldens, he could be out as much time as Bolden was. If that is the case we may not see him till the Acc tournament time. Then he would not be in game shape and his minutes would be limited just as Bolden. Everyone will have to step up their game. It's a good thing that Grayson's game is coming around!
OFC

What's guru gary-7 saying about Marvin? Also would like to know what he know's about the FBI investigation and what schools are involved. I thought for sure he would have released the information by now. OFC

Reactions: GillJET
Seems that the players based on that article saying sign Bagley back that he can play and the staff might be giving him extra couple days rest. I would think based on the players saying that he returns on one of our two home games coming up

Seems that the players based on that article saying sign Bagley back that he can play and the staff might be giving him extra couple days rest. I would think based on the players saying that he returns on one of our two home games coming up

It may come down to a need basis against Clemson. I know Littlejohn will be poppin. OFC

With him being out today it seems more serious than a mild issue. He never came out of the game Thursday so that kinda bothers me. If he’s sitting out to protect his draft status due to something minor I’m very disappointed.
Adrenaline wears off at game end. He's being careful, but he'll be back this year.

Reactions: ioliva
Guys I've already told you, Zion is gonna be there and wearing #35. The staff is getting him fitted for a wig.
With the fro he will be 6-11. K has it covered. No sweat. Bagley is staying back in Durham to avoid confusion.

Anyone aware of the best bars in Clemson??

I haven't been there yet but I have read a lot about a place called Esso club. I believe it's a really big hangout during football season. Used to be an old gas station I think. Also a place I've heard of called Nicks Tavern that is supposed to be good. I am from that area and a big Clemson football fan, but I moved away before I was legal bar age. I plan to go down for a football game and check out the Esso. You might google it and see what you think

Blessing in disguise. Hear me out - players, specifically Grayson, are stepping up without him. Also, the defense is improving since Duke has a true 4 man playing that spot. This will theoretically only make them a better team once he comes back. As long as Grayson can play well when he returns then Duke has the best shot to win it all imo.

Blessing in disguise. Hear me out - players, specifically Grayson, are stepping up without him. Also, the defense is improving since Duke has a true 4 man playing that spot. This will theoretically only make them a better team once he comes back. As long as Grayson can play well when he returns then Duke has the best shot to win it all imo.

Agreed....

OFC

I definitely agree that there is something of a silver lining here. Think about the minutes Javin has gotten. There could easily be a time in an elimination game where he is called upon to produce, maybe because of foul trouble. Now, he has been in those situations, and been a guy that has been relied on to an extent.

The ultimate thing, as you say, is Grayson continuing to play well when Bagley returns. Even with Duke's talent, I don't think it is hyperbole to say Duke's championship aspirations only exist if Grayson is playing really well.

Agreed....

OFC
I am not sure I agree about that. It may be that Bagley will not be anywhere near basketball shape when he returns or that he will have difficulty fitting into a new system which is now run with Grayson at the point. I remember the problems we had when kyrie (I think it was) returned to the team after extended injury-time off. Bagley could play great but without the team jelling around hi, and I am a little worried that K might not have enough time to fit everything back together. What makes me feel good, however, is that he is K, after all, and has a long history of solving just these types of problems.

I am not sure I agree about that. It may be that Bagley will not be anywhere near basketball shape when he returns or that he will have difficulty fitting into a new system which is now run with Grayson at the point. I remember the problems we had when kyrie (I think it was) returned to the team after extended injury-time off. Bagley could play great but without the team jelling around hi, and I am a little worried that K might not have enough time to fit everything back together. What makes me feel good, however, is that he is K, after all, and has a long history of solving just these types of problems.

Coach K says MBIII is "close," for whatever that is worth. The issue in Kyrie's instance is the amount of time he missed, including the entirety of the conference slate. The team had gone months without him. Bagley's absence will have been nowhere near that long, so no solidified separate identity will have been formed by the team.

And as an aside, then and now I have always been on the side of playing Kyrie in that mini-debate. If you have a guy that good and he is healthy, you 100% play him.

Reactions: dukephysics

For some reason y’all keep talking as if our offense has been looking better without Bagley. Have you forgotten that we were ranked #1 in efficiency for half the season. Offense was never a problem. Grayson just struggled on offense. The problem in every lost was defense and Grayson scoring single digits. The difference now is the defense has settled into one scheme and can now focus on that. Without switching back and forth and causing confusion

For some reason y’all keep talking as if our offense has been looking better without Bagley. Have you forgotten that we were ranked #1 in efficiency for half the season. Offense was never a problem. Grayson just struggled on offense. The problem in every lost was defense and Grayson scoring single digits. The difference now is the defense has settled into one scheme and can now focus on that. Without switching back and forth and causing confusion
No one is suggesting the offense is better without Bagley. No one can deny though the flow the team has played with the last 3 games.
Guys like Delaurier and Bolden know their roles, setting picks, passing the ball, you know, things that need to be done.
Remember, not everyone can cook, someone has to wash the dishes.

No one is suggesting the offense is better without Bagley. No one can deny though the flow the team has played with the last 3 games.
Guys like Delaurier and Bolden know their roles, setting picks, passing the ball, you know, things that need to be done.
I think what’s being overlooked is the quality of opponent lately. You had a pretty rough stretch just before Bagley got hurt. The following games were not cupcakes, but not murderes row either.

However, there is a component of Star watching when Bagley plays. He’s almost unstoppable and the offense has to go through him.

Even at that our offense was still better with Bagley with less “flow”. The difference now is actually locking a primary defense down and actually focusing on that. They looked confused a lot between switching defenses before

I agree, but I'd like to make sure his re-insertion into the lineup works in the regular season when you can tweak before we are in one and done format. Flashbacks of Kyrie, if you will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT