ADVERTISEMENT

are we going to see banners start coming down

I think we will.

They got hit pretty hard. Extraordinary how fast and hard Cuse and Louisville can get hit but UNC skates forever.

Quote from Louisville interim president: "The entire UofL community is saddened by what took place. It never should have happened, and that is why the school acted to severely penalize itself in 2016."

Think we'll ever see a similar statement from UNX administration?

I think we will.

They got hit pretty hard. Extraordinary how fast and hard Cuse and Louisville can get hit but UNC skates forever.
Yea I know. Louisville got absolutely hammered by the NCAA to the point where I even think the punishment is a little harsh.

You will not see any banners coming down in the dean dome so don't get your hopes up. The deal has been set. They get off scott free grinning like a possum but that dirt is still under the rug. SHAME on unc and shame on us if we forget. OFC

It's official the title is vacated.

Pitino calls this over top.

Dude if your weren't a top coach you'd be fired.

Quote from Louisville interim president: "The entire UofL community is saddened by what took place. It never should have happened, and that is why the school acted to severely penalize itself in 2016."

Think we'll ever see a similar statement from UNX administration?
Yeah then Pitino said they'd fight this to the end, bit of a mixed message.

Reactions: jchammock
I've not even searched for the vacated news but I saw it on Yahoo, its vacated unless they win appeal.

You will not see any banners coming down in the dean dome so don't get your hopes up. The deal has been set. They get off scott free grinning like a possum but that dirt is still under the rug. SHAME on unc and shame on us if we forget. OFC
you might be right, although I hope not. If they get off scott free, there should be schools, Louisville being one, that sue the NCAA . I can't help but think Mr. Swofford is in the background somewhere talking to the NCAA. He did it once for the football team. He should have never been elected Commish of the ACC. Nor should anyone else with any tie to another ACC school. What Pitino did was obviously an NCAA violation, but , he was only one person. With the Tarholes , we are talking about the school itself conspiring to give dumb athletes an advantage. They should be really hammered and Swofford resign.

Yeah then Pitino said they'd fight this to the end, bit of a mixed message.

Problem is UL don't have the attorney power and other powers unc does. Seriously if any other program in the country had done what unc has done vacated titles , vacated games , sanctions , reduced schollys and probation. We can talk about the blue blood programs other than unc such as UK, Duke UL, KU whoever you want to name , unc is the most powerful program in the country. Now think about it. Do you really think the NCAA is going to take wins and titles away from dean smith and hof coach roy williams ? All I here is that collegiate athletics need a czar or for lack of a better term a commissioner. If that happens whose the first name that will pop up. No other than johnny boy swofford. OFC

Check rob dauster's twitter for specifics. The NCAA intends to claim that title.

What is worse. Having prostitutes trying to get recruits to play basketball for you program or having a totally bogus major set up for it's athletes and I know all students could major in afam and I know the prostitution is also a moral and illegal issue but we are talking about cheating in collegiate athletics SHAME unc SHAME. OFC

What is worse. Having prostitutes trying to get recruits to play basketball for you program or having a totally bogus major set up for it's athletes and I know all students could major in afam and I know the prostitution is also a moral and illegal issue but we are talking about cheating in collegiate athletics SHAME unc SHAME. OFC
Yep, and there has been at least one book published on this subject. Have not read it yet. Has anyone on here read it?

It's all Really bad and shameful Sky. From Baylor, to UNC, to Louisville, it's all disgusting and shouldn't be allowed in college sports.

SHAME on you unc. SHAME on you. Not only as one of the top programs in men's basketball but as an academic institution. There have been 100's of thousands of people who have earned their degrees from there who worked hard to get that degree and it's a SHAME that the academic scandal has degraded the institution. Here in North Carolina The University is often referred to as the people of North Carolina's university. SHAME, SHAME SHAME. I'm a citizen of North Carolina and it's not my university. What I don't understand is how was this allowed to happen and those who were in power to stop it just ignored it or had a big hand in what it became. SHAME. OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
I read it. Very interesting.

There's 2....

9781612347288_custom-cb10db8146bc0e0fc93a3bd0c4d7a4b9daba8249-s1200-c15.jpg

9ueu.jpg

Both excellent.

Listening to Jay Bilas defend Louisville with such passion makes me sick.

He'd defend Hitler if he was facing the NCAA.

I was just about to post this. And he's FOR UNC taking this to Federal Court where he's assured the NCAA would lose. Jay needs to keep his mouth closed. I HOPE this ends up in Federal court.

Reactions: KellenPatrick

I watched an interview with Bilas, and I didn't hear him so much defend Louisville. His opinion was that they would lose the 13 title, and he was fairly certain of it. Can you post that interview? I get irritated sometimes with Bilas myself, but he's the best in the business.

Crazy I think Bilas has painted himself into a corner defending Louisville.He's defended UNC ad nauseum despite 20 years of academic fraud for athletes.This is another Big 5 ACC Blue Blood and he's walking the line carefully....JMO

OFC

1st of all you all know I believe that unc is gonna get out of this thing without any penalties at all. But if the NCAA does come down on them and unc loses and does take them to federal court who pays for the attorney fees. Since I'm a citizen of North Carolina and pay my taxes I know a certain amount goes to state supported schools such as unc and others. Will a portion of my taxes go to defend them in federal court? Have I already been paying to defend them on what they have spent already? I just don't know and does anyone out there know the answer. I certainly hope the taxpayers of North Carolina aren't paying to defend this cheating institution. Hopefully the answer is no and if it is I hope this cost unc millions if they go to federal court over it even if they do get off scott free. OFC

What's the difference in having kids sign up for fake classes, writing papers, etc. to stay academically eligible and paying the kid, buying his mom a house, etc. just to attend college??? You're still giving him something to win your school banners.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think I read somewhere that none of the legal fees are coming from state funds. UNC has an endowment close to $3 billion, so it's barely a drop in the bucket to fork over $20 million for lawyers.

I think I read somewhere that none of the legal fees are coming from state funds. UNC has an endowment close to $3 billion, so it's barely a drop in the bucket to fork over $20 million for lawyers.

The Rams Club Fat Cats have the big, big bucks and they can keep throwing $$$$ at it forever....Thats OLD MONEY, and lots of it! Old as me, and thats OLD! OFC

Reactions: dukedevilz
1st of all you all know I believe that unc is gonna get out of this thing without any penalties at all. But if the NCAA does come down on them and unc loses and does take them to federal court who pays for the attorney fees. Since I'm a citizen of North Carolina and pay my taxes I know a certain amount goes to state supported schools such as unc and others. Will a portion of my taxes go to defend them in federal court? Have I already been paying to defend them on what they have spent already? I just don't know and does anyone out there know the answer. I certainly hope the taxpayers of North Carolina aren't paying to defend this cheating institution. Hopefully the answer is no and if it is I hope this cost unc millions if they go to federal court over it even if they do get off scott free. OFC
I also live in NC and don't want my tax dollars going to defend the holes. I would guess that most of the money comes from the Rams club, but , I could be wrong. I know that you believe that they get off scott free. I really hope you are wrong about that and they really get hammered. How can they possibly let them skate when so many others have been penalized for so much less? And, unless things have changed in the last couple of years, UL has the most valuable BB program in the US.

Reactions: skysdad
I also live in NC and don't want my tax dollars going to defend the holes. I would guess that most of the money comes from the Rams club, but , I could be wrong. I know that you believe that they get off scott free. I really hope you are wrong about that and they really get hammered. How can they possibly let them skate when so many others have been penalized for so much less? And, unless things have changed in the last couple of years, UL has the most valuable BB program in the US.

Louisville has the most "valuable" bball program in the US?!! WTF?!! Anyways....I do feel more confident now that the scummy Holes will get hit pretty hard after seeing what Louisville got. And it should be at least twice as bad, too! Fing pieces of s**t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT