ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Griffin to Duke

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hurley22
Anyone else get the feeling that K is loading up for the 2021-2022 to be his next best chance at #6?
Makes sense..that team is gonna have multiple elite OAD's in Griffin, Baldwin, and hopefully someone else. Not only that, but we are gonna have multiple multi-year guys sticking around. Just about everyone minus Jaylen Johnson could be back from next years team.
Combine all that with possible multi-year guys from this year (Stanley, Moore, etc doubt these guys stay that long, but you never know) and you get the point.

Oh, and a SENIOR Joey Baker could be leading that team.

We are still gonna be in the hunt the next 2 seasons, and I cannot wait to see it all play out. But if I had to bet on our next title, I would bet on the 2022 team.

Anyone else get the feeling that K is loading up for the 2021-2022 to be his next best chance at #6?
Makes sense..that team is gonna have multiple elite OAD's in Griffin, Baldwin, and hopefully someone else. Not only that, but we are gonna have multiple multi-year guys sticking around. Just about everyone minus Jaylen Johnson could be back from next years team.
Combine all that with possible multi-year guys from this year (Stanley, Moore, etc doubt these guys stay that long, but you never know) and you get the point.

We are still gonna be in the hunt the next 2 seasons, and I cannot wait to see it all play out. But if I had to bet on our next title, I would bet on the 2022 team.
I think DJ Steward might end up being a one and done.

Reactions: jwill133
Welcome to the brotherhood young man!

The meltdown on Duke rafters never ceases to amaze me haha.
I had to go over there after I saw your post and one poster said something to the effect of “he’s committing to a coach that will be closer to 80 than to 70 by the end of his freshman season” so I responded with “Coach K will be 74 at the end of the 2020-21 season. By my count he’ll be closer to 70 then he will be to 80”. Let’s see what kind of response I get from him or any other poster on RR. lol

Something our Blue Devils have going the next two seasons:

19-20: Duke’s last two championships were won in 2010, 2015, (multiples of 5, are they due?) Also the make up of the 2010 & 2015 teams with veterans like Thomas, Zoubek, Scheyer, Smith, and Singler in 2010 and Jefferson, MP3, Cook, and Matt Jones in 2015. Will Javin, White, Goldwire, AOC, Tre, and Baker follow in the leadership qualities of the upperclassmen from the 2010 and 2015 teams? I sure hope so!

20-21: The Final Four returns to Indy and we know how much Duke loves playing in Indy!

I’m really excited for this season’s team, the makeup of the team is very similar to the 2010/2015 teams.

Last edited:
I had to go over there after I saw your post and one poster said something to the effect of “he’s committing to a coach that will be closer to 80 than to 70 by the end of his freshman season” so I responded with “Coach K will be 74 at the end of the 2020-21 season. By my count he’ll be closer to 70 then he will be to 80”. Let’s see what kind of response I get from him or any other poster on RR. lol

Math isn’t their strong suit. They’ll think you’re a wizard. They’ll turn on you for sure.

Math isn’t their strong suit. They’ll think you’re a wizard. They’ll turn on you for sure.
The funniest part is that in my original post I made a mistake with my math and he correctly corrected me, so I owned up to my mistake and then my second post is where he tried to tell me that when you turn 75 it’s the start of your 76th year. lol

Reactions: dukehokie
The funniest part is that in my original post I made a mistake with my math and he correctly corrected me, so I owned up to my mistake and then my second post is where he tried to tell me that when you turn 75 it’s the start of your 76th year. lol
Uh, no offense, but when you turn 75, it IS the start of your 76th year, just like when you turned 1 it was the start of your second year. You live a year before your first birthday, so your first birthday is the start of your second year. It continues.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Reactions: d24martin and dbav
Everything I've followed, and I know it's still early, Baldwin is ours to lose, we are the clear favorites. Baldwin is an elite shooter, he would fit PERFECTLY with Griffin.
Kuminga I'm not so sure. I know we were leading for a while, now have cooled off, I'd love to get him, think he's the best of the best.

There is no Zion in this bunch, but Griffin, Baldwin, and Kuminga would feel a lot like RJ Zion Cam.
Kuminga cut his list to 10! I don't know how big the original list was. Duke has as good a chance as anyone. Of course I hope he chooses the other shade of blue

Griffin is a legit get and so will be Christie and Baldwin. Those three players are all OAD type that will play the 2,3,and 4. All 3 of them are good shooters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT