ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Griffin Jr

dachampishere2

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2017
We don’t talk about him much on here. Who has seen him play and how good is he? Does it seem like he will translate seemingly to college like RJ?

Pros: very athletic, physical, drives well to the basket. Is supposed to be a good defender.
Cons: Not a good outside shooter. More of a slasher but has good handles.
He's super athletic but raw. Is pretty high up on the draft boards for next year (top 10 maybe even top 5) so he is elite. Probably more athletic than Winslow but not as good a shooter. Winslow is a decent comp. from what I've seen. Has been some G League rumors but as far as I know he's coming to Duke.

Last edited:
Pros: very athletic, physical, drives well to the basket. Is supposed to be a good defender.
He's super athletic but raw. Is pretty high up on the draft boards for next year (top 10 maybe even top 5) so he is elite. Probably more athletic than Winslow but not as good a shooter. Winslow is a decent comp. from what I've seen. Has been some G League rumors but as far as I know he's coming to Duke.
He may not be a great shooter from deep but I’m pretty sure he’ll be solid at least. As a sophomore he shot 44% from 3 on 80 attempts.

Winslow wasn’t a good shooter until crunch time. That’s not good if he’s a worst shooter than Winslow

This kid has enough examples of what to do and not to do in basketball. He, along with his family, knows what his expectations are at DUKE.

He should be a solid wf/sf. Nate James 2.0.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It's worth noting that we lost our two best shooters, so hopefully the new guys can shoot or we will struggle again in that area. Even Kennard struggled his first year shooting so nothing's a sure thing. That's probably why we are still recruiting Baldwin. Keels is known as a shooter so that helps. If Griffin can shoot close to 40 percent that would be a big plus.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that we lost our two best shooters, so hopefully the new guys can shoot or we will struggle again in that area. Even Kennard struggled his first year shooting so nothing's a sure thing. That's probably why we are still recruiting Baldwin. Keels is known as a shooter so that helps. If Griffin can shoot close to 40 percent that would be a big plus.

I think Moore and Roach will be more reliable this season. I also think Joey Baker is about to shut some haters up too.

I definitely think those things will happen (well, not 100% sure on Joey). The question is, will the freshmen play like grown men like Tyus, Justise, Jah and eventually Grayson did, or will they play like young kids like the freshmen last year (until Mark came alive)?

Highlight video, but he looks like he can shoot it from deep. If he can shoot it like that we're in good shape. It's also good to see that he's healthy. He also looks like he handles the ball well. Cam looked like JJ Reddick in his high school highlights; so it's hard to tell sometimes. But this is promising.

Thought he might be looking at surgery for a bad ankle? That looked encouraging.

If AJ can hit from 3, he can play the 2,3, and 4 for us. That really helps with getting enough minutes for Keels and Moore if we land Baldwin.

He is well put together. I don't know about his lateral quickness but he's got the build of a 3 or 4.

That video shows a much better shot than i was expecting. His release is still kinda slow but he prob wont have problems getting it off with that athleticism. That last play was nasty. Moore better step his game up. We are gonna be really good i think. I think we know what we have in Williams and Paulo. They are gonna dominate. The biggest question is can the 1 and 2 get enough buckets. I have faith

Reactions: christophero
Nice article on DBR about why he chose Duke. Encouraging bits about his D and a vicious short video of a put back slam.

That video shows a much better shot than i was expecting. His release is still kinda slow but he prob wont have problems getting it off with that athleticism. That last play was nasty. Moore better step his game up. We are gonna be really good i think. I think we know what we have in Williams and Paulo. They are gonna dominate. The biggest question is can the 1 and 2 get enough buckets. I have faith
Moore can’t match AJ’s game tho he will be very valuable as a wing , backup point a veteran

This should help with our shooting. Plus spacing the floor as he seems to be a face the basket guy. He looks more 6-9 than 6-11 to me though. If he is 6-11 that is just insane.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT