ADVERTISEMENT

ACC COY

Bennett or Mike Brey in my opinion. K is the greatest and most certainly has had to deal with tons of adversity this season, but it should probably go to Bennett or Brey.

I would disagree. Losing Semi and then kicking off Suilamon, and Duke's ACC schedule was tougher than UVA, and it is not even close...

I would argue Duke is the second one seed over Virginia...

You could make a pretty good case for Brey too.

Duke was picked preseason #1 and finished 2nd

UVA was picked preseason #4 and finished 1st

ND was picked preseason #7 and finished 3rd.

I think it's between Bennett and Brey in all honesty.

I think it's probably Bennett, but hardly by a mile.

K is a victim of his own success....as is Roy to an extent. It's not fair, but they're discounted because their expected to win.

When you factor in Duke having eight scholarship players, dealing with a midseason transfer and a dismissal on too of that, in addition to playing four freshman major minutes....well, let's just say K deserves very much to be in the discussion. But I understand Bennett as the pick too.

K should be. Half of his team is freshman,they beat UVA on the road, and Duke played a much harder conference schedule. Bennett is a very good coach, but K deserves this more than he does!

Yeah, I think K is very deserving, but at this stage of his career K is only concerned about collecting a natty imo.

OFC

Originally posted by Jhmoss1812:

Pre season stuff is voted on without a second being played., Adversity hits and the ebb and flow of things change. For instance, UVA may have been picked 4th, but after a few weeks that was obviously a misjudgment by the MEDIA who picks these things. I mean, are we giving the coach of the year based on who the media thought, in the pre season was the best? I actually think the COY is Bennett. However I think K is clearly in the conversation. Brey is third in this one. I don't think a preseason ranking should dictate the end result.

Originally posted by denniden:
Originally posted by Jhmoss1812:

Pre season stuff is voted on without a second being played., Adversity hits and the ebb and flow of things change. For instance, UVA may have been picked 4th, but after a few weeks that was obviously a misjudgment by the MEDIA who picks these things. I mean, are we giving the coach of the year based on who the media thought, in the pre season was the best? I actually think the COY is Bennett. However I think K is clearly in the conversation. Brey is third in this one. I don't think a preseason ranking should dictate the end result.
Doesn't the MEDIA decide COY? I guarantee you they take that into account. I honestly don't care who wins COY. Any of them have reasons why they should win it and why they shouldn't. I would personally vote for Bennett. But you could make a case for K or Brey.

Yeah the media does decide it. I am not sold on that being the way. Too many people who don't know the game that get votes. JMO.

Bennett is the COY.

I think we can all agree that K, Brey, and Bennett are the guys that should be considered. However, I would bet it goes to Bennett or Brey like I said before. And to add on to some comments already made, K's success almost always overshadows that great job he does year in and year out.

Bennett, but with all the things that has happened this year with the Semi transfer and Sheed's dismissal I think this is you of Coach K's best coaching season so he is my sentimental coach of the year. OFC

Originally posted by skysdad:
Bennett, but with all the things that has happened this year with the Semi transfer and Sheed's dismissal I think this is you of Coach K's best coaching season so he is my sentimental coach of the year. OFC
This is one of K's better coaching season's. Especially after some people called for his head after we lost to State and Miami back to back. Sky, I agree with you man. I will change my vote and go with sentiment. I still think K's best coaching job may have been either '02-'03 or '09-'10 seasons.

Originally posted by dukiejay:
I think it's probably Bennett, but hardly by a mile.

K is a victim of his own success....as is Roy to an extent. It's not fair, but they're discounted because their expected to win.

When you factor in Duke having eight scholarship players, dealing with a midseason transfer and a dismissal on too of that, in addition to playing four freshman major minutes....well, let's just say K deserves very much to be in the discussion. But I understand Bennett as the pick too.
I agree but Roy is positioning himself nicely for future COY awards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT