ADVERTISEMENT

A fellow Duke fan and DI poster has passed away.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Clarence "Wade" McClenny passed away yesterday. He was a personal friend of mine and we attended community college together in the early and mid seventies. He was known on our DI board as dukeman. He posted several times on the football thread. He was a pure all sport Duke fan. He was from Clinton, N.C. He was also a Viet Man vet. Don't know many details. His death popped up on a mutual face book friend . I think his was about 73 years old. If I become aware of any other details I will post them. As we approach Memorial Day weekend let our hearts , prayers and our appreciation of his service to our country be in our minds. May Heavenly Father and his only begotten son Jesus Christ welcome Wade " dukeman" into their loving arms. OFC

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss.
He was a DI board member. He posted some on the football thread and occasional about Duke basketball. He was an old school Duke fan. Had a lot of video footage of old Duke games. Our loss. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Clarence "Wade" McClenny passed away yesterday. He was a personal friend of mine and we attended community college together in the early and mid seventies. He was known on our DI board as dukeman. He posted several times on the football thread. He was a pure all sport Duke fan. He was from Clinton, N.C. He was also a Viet Man vet. Don't know many details. His death popped up on a mutual face book friend . I think his was about 73 years old. If I become aware of any other details I will post them. As we approach Memorial Day weekend let our hearts , prayers and our appreciation of his service to our country be in our minds. May Heavenly Father and his only begotten son Jesus Christ welcome Wade " dukeman" into theira loving arms. OFC
Condolences

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT